Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

I think Nolan acted quite natural, it was a survival of the fittest kind of situation, Anichebe looked to be going in kind of hard too so in the heat of the moment the first reaction to Nolan is to defend his own legs, because if Nolan would have put his feet in the ground infront of the ball Anichebe could have got his legs instead.

Edit: And to be fair, Diaby of Arsenal does this what, every fucking week? dont hear the newspapers complaining about their little sweethearts then.

The only different now is that this was the work of the "Evil white man".

Eh?

Awful, awful challenge. I still don't know how Anichebe's leg never broke.

Should get 5 games.

Did Martin Taylor get an extended ban?

no, but his challenge wasn't as bad as Nolan's for me. For one, Taylor didn't go in two footed, in fact it was simply mistimed and down to Eduardo's pace/trickery more than owt else

It was awful, i dont think he deserves a longer ban, it wasnt intentional surely.

And if it was a white man he would have been on the floor crying for a month!

To me it looked intentional. If it wasn't a Newcastle player i'm sure we would all be calling for a longer ban.

Awful, awful challenge. I still don't know how Anichebe's leg never broke.

Should get 5 games.

Did Martin Taylor get an extended ban?

no, but his challenge wasn't as bad as Nolan's for me. For one, Taylor didn't go in two footed, in fact it was simply mistimed and down to Eduardo's pace/trickery more than owt else

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/sport/soccer/taylor_eduardo_tackle_d.jpg

Over the ball. Both as bad imo.

It was awful, i dont think he deserves a longer ban, it wasnt intentional surely.

And if it was a white man he would have been on the floor crying for a month!

To me it looked intentional. If it wasn't a Newcastle player i'm sure we would all be calling for a longer ban.

If it were Nicky Butt, I know I would.

It has to just be three games.

If we start opening all sending offs to debates and claiming that some deserve five while others only three, we'll open an entirely new can of worms IMO.

You don't know if he did it intentionally. Incidently, I believe he didn't mean it a) because of previous history, and b) because of his apology in person, but noone knows but him, so we can hardly get the lie detector on him.

At the end of the day, a red card is a red card. Keep it simple. 3 game ban.

What really pisses me off when players who have been sent off get a clapped off the pitch by sections of fans, can understand if it was a wrongful red card but it clearly was correct and he cost us the chance of 3 points.

Anichebe thinks he has the strongest bones in the world

"Luckily, I’ve got strong legs but if that was anyone else their leg would have snapped in two"

Guest toonlass

What really pisses me off when players who have been sent off get a clapped off the pitch by sections of fans, can understand if it was a wrongful red card but it clearly was correct and he cost us the chance of 3 points.

Anichebe thinks he has the strongest bones in the world

"Luckily, I’ve got strong legs but if that was anyone else their leg would have snapped in two"

You've got to remember that fans do not have instant replays of incidents. Where we were a lot of us didn't think the tackle was that bad, because of the angle we saw it at and were shocked that he got a red card. That is why he was clapped off, it wasn't until later when I saw the replay that I saw how bad it was, but that was cos I got to see it from a different angle.

Bad tackle, he got the red card and the ban, no need for any extra fines or going on about it.

You don't think the club should fine him for needlessly getting himself sent off to the detriment of the team in that and the next three games?

Bad tackle, he got the red card and the ban, no need for any extra fines or going on about it.

You don't think the club should fine him for needlessly getting himself sent off to the detriment of the team in that and the next three games?

Not really, have a word by all means... but he's had his punishment.

We need to be building a siege mentality for the relegation battle, not piling further pain on our own players. He knows he's done wrong anyway, it wouldn't achieve anything.

Not really, have a word by all means... but he's had his punishment.

We need to be building a siege mentality for the relegation battle, not piling further pain on our own players. He knows he's done wrong anyway, it wouldn't achieve anything.

Fair enough. I don't know about a fine, but something needs to be done. It was a mindless challenge (although I don't believe he was trying to hurt Anichebe) and it's cost the team dearly. He needs to apologise to the fans at the very least (I realise he may well have already done this and I've missed it).