Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Guest sittingontheball

Bad tackle, he got the red card and the ban, no need for any extra fines or going on about it.

Yep. First time he's done it.

He looks like he's carrying too much weight though. That might be worth a fine if he can't get it down.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think any further punishment is needed. He made a daft mistake, and if he does it again then give him a fine definitely. Doing it this early in his NUFC career and at this crucial time of the season might start a 'me and them' attitude subconsciously with Nolan and he might not feel fully part of the club anymore. We cant afford to have players not playing with a clear head. If it happens again, then fine him. 

Bad tackle, he got the red card and the ban, no need for any extra fines or going on about it.

Yep. First time he's done it.

He looks like he's carrying too much weight though. That might be worth a fine if he can't get it down.

Don't know if it's a weight problem but he runs like an old man. That might have something to do with the mis-timed tackle as well. He might have lost his bearings due to early senile dementia.

I can remember having similar arguments about Chris Morgan elbowing that lad a few months back, some saying that it should be extended, some saying it should remain as it was. The fact there was, Morgan got nothing - not even a booking i don't think (?), when it blatantly should have been upgraded to a red + three-match ban.

Here it's different because Nolan actually was sent-off. It was a red card offense and that was the punishment he received. The severity of the tackle shouldn't have any bearings on the suspension received; by the laws of the game it was a red-card tackle, and that's what he got. You can upgrade on nothing (ie Morgan), but you can't upgrade on a red... or you shouldn't, anyway.

I wouldn't fine him if i were the club, either. Reprimand, sure, and if it ever happens again then aye, fine him. But not this time imo.

The severity of the tackle shouldn't have any bearings on the suspension received; by the laws of the game it was a red-card tackle, and that's what he got. You can upgrade on nothing (ie Morgan), but you can't upgrade on a red... or you shouldn't, anyway.

I disagree with that actually. They should apply a possibility to extend the ban in some cases. Like when Guthrie went berserk....things like that need to be punished harder imo..

• 3 months later...
Kevin Nolan up for United bounce back battle

Jun 20 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicl

NEWCASTLE United midfielder Kevin Nolan is hell-bent on making sure the Magpies bounce back to the Premier League at the first attempt in the Championship next season.

The Scouse star signed for Newcastle last February but failed to pull up any trees as the Magpies sunk into second-tier soccer for the first time since 1993.

Yet with a contract until 2013, Nolan aims to reproduce the form he showed at Bolton Wanderers during his stint at the Reebok Stadium.

And after helping lead Bolton to promotion under Sam Allardyce in 2001, when they beat Preston North End 3-0 at the Millennium Stadium in the Division One play-offs final, Nolan is hoping his experience can help United to bounce back.

His agent Mark Curtis told the Chronicle: “Kevin is fully committed to Newcastle next season.

“He is looking forward to going back to training and helping the club challenge.

“He’s aware of the fixtures and up for the challenge.”

Nolan’s pledge comes despite a number of Toon stars being made available for transfer by owner Mike Ashley, who hired agency First Artists to offload some of United’s senior stars.

:: NEWCASTLE United have added another pre-season friendly after announcing they will be the guests when Scottish Premier League side Dundee United kick off their centenary season celebrations at Tannadice Park on Sunday, August 2 (kick-off 3pm).

The Magpies have already confirmed pre-season dates at Darlington (July 18) and Huddersfield (July 21), as well as a home friendly against Leeds United (July 29).

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/20/kevin-nolan-up-for-united-bounce-back-battle-72703-23931681/

He'll be good if his central midfield partner is nice and pacey.

The reason his move hasn't worked here is because Bolton play a 3-man central midfield, meaning he has to cover less ground... here we played a 2-man central midfield and the other man simply had no legs at all. Meaning Nolan had to cover loads of ground and being quite sluggish he's looked woeful.

Let's be honest, Owen and Bassong aside (both of whom have nothing to lose) has anyone said they want to leave?

They're just making sure they don't lose their loyalty bonuses. Let's see who's here at the end of August, because if someone in the Premier League comes in for a player like Nolan he'll be off.

I wish these players (Duff, Nolan) would shut up.

When we were listing the benefits of relegation getting rid of these types of players was one of the bonuses.

But it isn't ******* happening.  :angry:

Rather see Guthrue starting though, and well    Nolan---Guthrie  CM partnership does not gill me with joy, and ofcourse there is Butt to add tot he mix too. Barton out promote Harris Vucic?

He'll be good if his central midfield partner is nice and pacey.

The reason his move hasn't worked here is because Bolton play a 3-man central midfield, meaning he has to cover less ground... here we played a 2-man central midfield and the other man simply had no legs at all. Meaning Nolan had to cover loads of ground and being quite sluggish he's looked woeful.

Which he didn't, so the man with no legs had to do it instead.

Under no circumstances should Nolan still be here next season.

completely agree

He's slow, has a poor engine, creates bollocks all and his tackling is sketchy at best

get fucking rid