Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Guest Heneage

Under no circumstances should Nolan still be here next season.

completely agree

He's slow, has a poor engine, creates bollocks all and his tackling is sketchy at best

get f***ing rid

I'd start Guthrie and Barton assuming we bring no one in.

We need speeds in midfield

Theres only one Gary Speed!

It's criminal to think how long ago we let him go yet if he rejoined he'd still be our best midfielder by some distance.  :doh:

completely agree

He's slow, has a poor engine, creates bollocks all and his tackling is sketchy at best

get f***ing rid

Guthrie and Barton would absolutely run the show in that league

Guest Heneage

completely agree

get f***ing rid

Yeah, if we could ship Nolan, Butt, Smith and get some young lad in with potential I'd be ecstatic.

Guest wshmag

You know what, I think it's an inspired signing. And I'm not being sarcastic, even though I hate the twat.

if thats what you want to call it.

Guest wshmag

completely agree

get f***ing rid

Yeah, if we could ship Nolan, Butt, Smith and get some young lad in with potential I'd be ecstatic.

fucking ecstatic?

I'd actually take him over Veloso.

Cheaper, proven to work in the Premiership, and won't be making noises about moving on to a better club.

Gambles like Veloso should be made when we're in a more stable position.

Nail on head.

:shifty:

Barton isn't gonna be here though realistically. Nolan has been terrible so far like. His energy levels and mobility haven't been up to scratch. Taking finances away, from a playing perspective does anyone think he might just do the business in the Championship? I'm the sameas everyone else like, he's been shocking. I have a little feeling he might be handy in the second tier though. I am taking this feeling from years gone by mind, not by anything he's done in black and white. When you look at the likes of Carr and Bowyer going to Birmingham when they looked buggered in the Premiership, they seemed to do ok.

Guest firetotheworks

I cant see us keeping Barton. Nor do I want to. Im not denying his talent, but Im fed up with his antics now.

I'd actually take him over Veloso.

Cheaper, proven to work in the Premiership, and won't be making noises about moving on to a better club.

Gambles like Veloso should be made when we're in a more stable position.

Nail on head.

:shifty:

The same poster will most likely be eating words once more when Andy Murray wins a slam this summer or next

He might actually have some sort of baring on our performances if he's here next year. He won't have as good centre-midfielders up against him that will simply 'over-quality' him out of the match, if you know what i mean. He was invisible for the majority of last season but we saw that he was capable of getting into good positions and making a positive impact against the shite of Boro. Tbh, he's one i expect to keep and wouldn't be too bothered. He'll probably be okay in a Championship squad.

Guest michaelfoster

We cant sell him, as im sure there is a minimum duration before a player can move clubs, they can only play for x amount of clubs in y amount of years.

Guest elbee909

We cant sell him, as im sure there is a minimum duration before a player can move clubs, they can only play for x amount of clubs in y amount of years.

First I've heard of it.

Guest michaelfoster

First I've heard of it.

Im sure you cant transfer to another club within a year, therefore he is ours till next January at least

Guest sicko2ndbest

I predict Nolan to be more effective in the championship alongside someone with legs. A fit Barton/ Nolan midfield would work should they knuckle down

I predict Nolan to be more effective in the championship alongside someone with legs. A fit Barton/ Nolan midfield would work should they knuckle down

It doesn't even matter if he's more effective, i'm pretty sure he's on high wages, probably 50k, atleast over 40k. Can we justify paying him those wages in championship? Not in a million years.

Nolan is only ever going to be effective in a long ball side where the midfield doesn't need to do much passing. He would probably do ok at Stoke or Blackburn under Fat Sam. If we are going to play passing football players like Nolan are a waste of space, their are plenty of players of similar ability in the Championship who are much fitter and have more pace.

It doesn't even matter if he's more effective, i'm pretty sure he's on high wages, probably 50k, atleast over 40k. Can we justify paying him those wages in championship? Not in a million years.

Yes this is the problem player happy to stay cos of big wages that they wont get anywhere else and this maybe a reoccurring theme in the coming weeks :no:

Yes this is the problem player happy to stay cos of big wages that they wont get anywhere else and this maybe a reoccurring theme in the coming weeks :no:

The only reason behind players committing themselves to the club is their huge wages they cannot get anywhere else! I'm shit scared about our financial situation as we clearly can't get rid of these high earners but it's all down to the disastrous management at teh club and there's really no-one you can blame about it except the club itself! We've been throwing money away on wages for so long that it was only a matter of time until it hits back at us. The only way we can think of to getting rid of Nolan, Barton etc is to buy out their contracts and compensate their remaining wages which won't be any cheaper than keeping them until the expiration dates unless they'd agree on some kind of a mutual termination...they are no professionals and got no ambition and won't agree to leave even if we offer them for free as their current deals are so good

we're going to have to sell him sooner or later, he is the least mobile player ive ever seen play for us, makes Geremi look like Linford Christie. if we want to get promotion and stay in the premier league he will need shifting as he is just not good enough. and as poor as the opposition will be this coming season im sure championship players can at least run which puts him at a natural disadvantage.

First I've heard of it.

Im sure you cant transfer to another club within a year, therefore he is ours till next January at least

I'm pretty sure the rule is that you can't play for more than two clubs in a season, and therefore could be sold. If we could find a buyer, and a way to make him accept lower wages, of course...

Of course we can sell him. You can play for three different clubs under 12 months or whatever the time frame is... Like El Hadji Diouf, he left Bolton for Mackems in the summer of 2008, then went to Rovers in january this year.

First I've heard of it.

I'm pretty sure the rule is that you can't play for more than two clubs in a season, and therefore could be sold. If we could find a buyer, and a way to make him accept lower wages, of course...

Robbie Keane?  Only stayed 6 months.