Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Should never have sold Parker!

you're not a very contributive poster are you now

He makes a valid point though tbh.

would he have kept us up like?

Possibly.He wouldn't have made as many mistakes/giving penalties away as Butt did, for sure.Its all Aunty/balls/Uncle scenario though,but I would have been far more comfortable with Parker than Butt/Nolan/Smith/Guthrie tbh.

Guest westamfan

Yeah, it was apparent that the team was lacking 360 pirouettes last season

HAHAHAHAHA. The Parker trade mark turn WORKS pal! He was awesome for us last year. A real monster in the middle. I remember he won you the game at Upton Park a few years ago with some real crunching challenges, I couldn't believe it when we signed him. He's was the difference for us last year, we could have really struggled if it wasn't for him.

Looking at it now it does seem totally crazy you kept Butt, signed Smith Barton and Nolan...(did Geremi play in the middle too?) and never really found a suitable replacement.

HAHAHAHAHA. The Parker trade mark turn WORKS pal! He was awesome for us last year. A real monster in the middle. I remember he won you the game at Upton Park a few years ago with some real crunching challenges, I couldn't believe it when we signed him. He's was the difference for us last year, we could have really struggled if it wasn't for him.

Looking at it now it does seem totally crazy you kept Butt, signed Smith Barton and Nolan...(did Geremi play in the middle too?) and never really found a suitable replacement.

Well quite obviously he's better than the gash we've got, but I believe the original theory would've been to sell him and sign in someone to improve the midfield. Something I was more than happy with at the time.

Shit went sour though, didn't it!

No midfielders play well here. They haven't since Gary Speed left. Doesn't help we kept picking them up in their hasbeen years. How is Ken Dyer doing? Is he able to walk?

Guest westamfan

No midfielders play well here. They haven't since Gary Speed left. Doesn't help we kept picking them up in their hasbeen years. How is Ken Dyer doing? Is he able to walk?

Dyer's made a few starts, excites me, then gets injured without any clear date when he will return. Such a shame, i was in the first row at villa around march/april when Dyer played and he really did put in a brilliant display. It was the best attacking performance we'd seen even though he played for 70 minutes. He is class on the ball. Next year we're expecting big things.

We sold Reo Coker for 10 million and bought Parker for 7 and improved the squad and made profit at the same time. Brilliant move by the club.

Dyer's made a few starts, excites me, then gets injured without any clear date when he will return. Such a shame, i was in the first row at villa around march/april when Dyer played and he really did put in a brilliant display. It was the best attacking performance we'd seen even though he played for 70 minutes. He is class on the ball. Next year we're expecting big things.

We sold Reo Coker for 10 million and bought Parker for 7 and improved the squad and made profit at the same time. Brilliant move by the club.

Sounds all too familiar. Don't get your hopes up lol.

Guest ObaStar

his career in a nutshell

Good players are always easier to sell than over-paid has-beens as I'm sure we'll find yet again this summer. If Nolan insists on staying he should be put through intensive training sessions twice a day. Then left out of the squad on match days for the remaining time on his contract.

Guest Phil K

Absolutely.

But we have been managed by the equivalent of the 3 Stooges and the Marx Brothers over the last 4 seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
Nolan has plenty to prove to Toon fans

KEVIN Nolan has revealed the reason why he is so reluctant to leave Newcastle United just six months into his St James's Park career.

The midfielder is understood to be among the big-earning players the relegated club is willing to offload this summer in a bid to reduce a crippling wage bill.

However, Nolan's agent has insisted the 26-year-old is fully committed to United, despite the drop, while the Liverpudlian himself – who reported back for pre-season training on Wednesday – is desperate to show Newcastle's fans his best form.

The former Bolton Wanderers captain, signed in January for £4.5m, was dismissed in only his second game in black and white, and was short of fitness on his return.

Asked about United's support, Nolan told the Gazette: "I get fed up of reading about them, because they're that good.

"That's not a nasty thing saying it, it's just because you don't even have to mention it.

"As soon as people know you play for Newcastle, they want to talk about the fans and the stadium. That just comes naturally with Newcastle.

"You know how fantastic they are. They supported us throughout – they were absolutely brilliant (last season).

"I've got no problems with them. They've got behind us even in games where we've been in a bit of a sticky situation."

Nolan – under contract at St James's Park until 2013 – made 10 starts for Newcastle last term.

* Three more Newcastle United games will be broadcast live next season. Sky Sports will show the home games against Reading, on August 15 (5.20pm kick-off), and Leicester City, on August 31 (7.45pm), and the visit to Cardiff City, which has been put back 24 hours to September 12 (2.05pm).

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Nolan-has-plenty-to-prove.5429383.jp

Nolan has plenty to prove to Toon fans

KEVIN Nolan has revealed the reason why he is so reluctant to leave Newcastle United just six months into his St James's Park career.

The midfielder is understood to be among the big-earning players the relegated club is willing to offload this summer in a bid to reduce a crippling wage bill.

However, Nolan's agent has insisted the 26-year-old is fully committed to United, despite the drop, while the Liverpudlian himself – who reported back for pre-season training on Wednesday – is desperate to show Newcastle's fans his best form.

The former Bolton Wanderers captain, signed in January for £4.5m, was dismissed in only his second game in black and white, and was short of fitness on his return.

Asked about United's support, Nolan told the Gazette: "I get fed up of reading about them, because they're that good.

"That's not a nasty thing saying it, it's just because you don't even have to mention it.

"As soon as people know you play for Newcastle, they want to talk about the fans and the stadium. That just comes naturally with Newcastle.

"You know how fantastic they are. They supported us throughout – they were absolutely brilliant (last season).

"I've got no problems with them. They've got behind us even in games where we've been in a bit of a sticky situation."

Nolan – under contract at St James's Park until 2013 – made 10 starts for Newcastle last term.

* Three more Newcastle United games will be broadcast live next season. Sky Sports will show the home games against Reading, on August 15 (5.20pm kick-off), and Leicester City, on August 31 (7.45pm), and the visit to Cardiff City, which has been put back 24 hours to September 12 (2.05pm).

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Nolan-has-plenty-to-prove.5429383.jp

i wish him goodluck if he takes butts place : O0

haha got this of facebook of enriques photos

Kazenga Lualua at 7:14pm July 12

no chancee me friiend

is frankyJose Enrique Sanchez Diaz at 7:15pm July 12

You are kasinga zidane?hahahahahahahaha.play better nolan and nicky hahahahahahahaha

why it that Enrique is often described as the team's spanish speaker with the best grasp of english yet 'his' facebook entires make your average polack sound like Shakespeare

It's a lot easier for a Spaniard to translate from English to Spanish, which I'm guessing is what he does most of the time, than Spanish to English.

why it that Enrique is often described as the team's spanish speaker with the best grasp of english yet 'his' facebook entires make your average polack sound like Shakespeare

It's a lot easier for a Spaniard to translate from English to Spanish, which I'm guessing is what he does most of the time, than Spanish to English.

fair point

Because Jonas is and he continually says his English isn't great?

in what way does that explain the first part of my comment?