Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

You will see today how bad he is, can't pass, can;t tackle, no pace, can;t beat a man, can't head, but can get himself booked with alarming regularity.

I take it he can still shoot which is a plus if you look at our midfielder.

I thought he was decent in the air as well, but I could be wrong.

Has no-one actually seen Nolan play then? :lol:

He doesn't look any different size wise to what he has always been.

This debate has happened because alot of Bolton fans think he has become overweight and unfit. Have they not seen Nolan play?

This debate has happened because alot of Bolton fans think he has become overweight and unfit. Have they not seen Nolan play?

Doesn't look any bigger than I have seen him.

There is no way of proving it but I am confident the weight listed on those websites were probably all taken from one (fairly unreliable) source and haven't been updated for years so its fairly pointless debating whether or not 14 stone is overweight for a 6ft footballer when its unlikely thats even what he weighs.

Guest fatshaft

Erm, yes, for a number of seasons. Still, I watched what you got for your money today. What do you think?

Couple of good moments including laying off a chance which we should have scored from and very good defensive instincts to stop a guaranteed goal. Was very, very quiet for the majority though but I didnt expect him to be all action in his first game, especially this game.

Erm, yes, for a number of seasons. Still, I watched what you got for your money today. What do you think?

Think he was very average, but better than Butt and although i haven't got to gripse with his ability in a tackle from that (because Nolan of old was an all rounder a while back, but i can accept he's not the player of once or Bolton wouldn't sell him) he can pass the ball in space, which is much better than what we've got currently. Sign of the times Nolan is a decent signing.

He was reasonably solid, only gave away the ball once that I remember. So he is already our best central midfielder for years.

Gave a physical presence we have been missing, got some nice tackles in and played the ball around nicely, his height is a huge plus too.

Seemed like the only player willing to receive and take the ball into the box through the centre, his runs down the middle will be novel from what we are used to.

Overall an encouraging start that will hopefully see his confidence and contribution grow as he settles, rather than his belly.

Guest Wally_McFool

Looked comfortable, a few decent passes. Nothing special but didn't fuck it up either.

Clearing the ball off the line is nowt special eh!  :coolsmiley:

Guest johnson293

He was s*** tbh. One paced, gave the ball away, no vision and very slow. Did turn up in the box afew times which makes a nice change but otherwise I think we've wasted £4m.

Ha Ha, one game - nowt like giving a player a chance, eh??!!!

Guest firetotheworks

He was s*** tbh. One paced, gave the ball away, no vision and very slow. Did turn up in the box afew times which makes a nice change but otherwise I think we've wasted £4m.

Haha, what a ridiculous thing to say at this stage.

Average, but for our central midfield right now average = amazing.

Looks like he'll be about as useful as Barton generally is.

Would be shooting my load if he was pushing Nicky Butt out of the team instead of playing with him, but that's our luck.

Anyone else notice a few times he was free but his team mates wouldn't pass to him? I think this was down to him being new more than anything else though.

Spotted that myself, but I agree with you about him being 'the new guy'.