Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

I think we might sign Veloso before the end of the shop

We might actually surprise in this window.

I would love to think that you are right about Veloso but knowing Ashley & Kinnear ,  the suprise signing that you are hoping for will probably be Kris Commons or Joel Porter.

You are dreaming if you think Ashley will spend 18 million quid no matter how much he rakes in for Shay and Charlie .

Thats why i believe we will only sign Veloso. Wow, i've woken up with biggest headache and everything have turned into yet an exciting life of a Newcastle fan, glad to see Ryan Taylor signing, what's up with our club. 5 years ago we were one of the best teams in this country, now we're almost bottom of the league, and we're all excited about signing players who realistically should never have been near our squad.

Where is this  club going?

foreign tv where i live in the last 2 days have played repeats of newcastle versus chelsea circa kk, beardsley/cole etc... and then yesterday in the pub the c***s went and replayed everton 4-2 with bellamy & shearer up front and darren ambrose looking like a footballer...i was nearly in fuckin tears man

That, 4-2 game against Everton was my first and only game i've seen live. Such a fantastic opportunity, sitting right behind the Newcastle bench. One of the greatest days of my life! Shearer scored twice, and Bramble was probably the best player that day, him adn Shearer almost won every header.

Nzogbia has underperformed for two seasons if we are getting 6mil plus a utility player(boosts squad size) its a great deal. He is a waste of space. Taylor for all his faults or not appears to be a steady player who can fill in where needed. We need at least one or two like this. However we now need to spend the nzog and given money on some classy midfielder/strikers. Even lee naylor for backup at left back would be a good signing.

By my reckoning we have spent 4 on nolan

have lovenkrands for free

are getting 6 for nzogbia for a player

so we are 2 mil to the good already with more players than we started with. That means kinnear should still have 12mil plus whatever we get for given. There is absolutely no excuses from the club if he can't buy players now. JFK did say he had any money from sales plus ten mil thats more than enough to improve us and move us away from this shit. One more centre mid to play alongside nolan and we could look a different team. We could also get a right mid(which we need)

We are selling a left winger, and getting a right back.... Now we will be short of wingers.

Ryan can play right back and as a winger on both flanks.

I believe Lovenkrands can play both wings too as well as up front

Yes, mainly left wing, left forward. Like a midget Luque.

Guest Wally_McFool

JFK did say he had any money from sales plus ten mil thats more than enough to improve us and move us away from this shit.

Dont believe what JFK says. He's done nowt but feed us all bullshit from Day 1.

He is a conniving lying 2 faced terwatt, end of.

Like I say, I would loved to be proved wrong but IMO Ashley wont spend this big money  that JFK told you we had to spend.

Any further signings will be cheapskate bargain bin buys.

Guest Geordiesned

Setanta saying N'Zogbia's agent has said the fee is £6.5 million + Taylor. Could have the fee wrong though as they've also just said that Sunderland are looking for their first double over us since 1997!!

Guest Wally_McFool

Wally, I know what you mean im trying to be a bit optimistic now hoping we could turn our season around by tuesday

Nowt wrong with being optimistic, its just that I have been regularly let down by this club since the 70's and I dont expect things to change any time soon.

Cynical owld git, aint I!  ;D

N'Zogbia confirmed he is going to sign for Wigan FC, L'Equipe. Says Wigan have more ambition than Newcastle, has no grudge against Kinnear although it was disrespectable, and has no regrets leaving Newcastle - TOSSER !!!!!!!!!

According to L’Equipe, N’Zogbia has confirmed he is heading to Wigan and that a deal has almost been completed. He said: “There are still things to be finalised, but it will be sorted out on Saturday when my agent arrives in England.

“I’m relieved.

“Fortunately for me, the club have found an agreement with Wigan, who wanted one of their players. Good news.”

Reports in today’s English press have suggested that Wigan will pay a fee in the region of £6 million for the Frenchman with Ryan Taylor moving the other way.

Newcastle fans must be delighted with the news that Taylor may be joining them, the defender has only scored six goals in his Wigan career yet four of them have come against the Magpies.

Speaking about Kinnear, N’Zogbia admitted he had annoyed by the fact his manager has got his name wrong but insisted he bore no grudges.

“In his press conference, he called me not ‘N’Zogbia’ but ‘insomnia’,” said the Frenchman, “It showed a lack of respect, but that's okay. I don't have anything against him.”

The 22-year-old also expressed thanks to the Tynesiders for giving him an opportunity to play for the club.  

“I do not forget that Newcastle is the club that gave me my chance in professional football,” he explained, “Today, I leave without any regrets.”

The midfielder also explained why he had decided to join Wigan, concluding: “It is a club that has targets and is much more ambitious than Newcastle.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/700/newcastle/2009/01/31/1086532/charles-nzogbia-confirms-wigan-switch

I don't understand those who are upset at N'Zogbia's departure. So what if he's talented? Mark Viduka has probably got more talent in his little toe and it counts for nothing either because the pair of them have a heart the size of a pea.

Zog needed to be sold that's without doubt, but we should have got more money for him. £8m plus Ryan Taylor would have been easier to swallow. This is a player who has pace, power, good shooting ability, and can cross. He'll do well at Wigan where he'll be first choice left wing.

A couple of years ago I'd have been gutted about this deal, but £6.5m plus Taylor for a player who consistently underperforms and sulks is very good business IMO.

it is IF we're able to use that 6.5m...deal needed doing but that $ needs to be spent immediately on another LB or CM, then we're still to have the given $ plus the net 6m ashley allegedly stumped up...no fuckin excuses, give me nearly 20m quid and i'd find us 3 players who'd improve the team guaranteed

I don't understand those who are upset at N'Zogbia's departure. So what if he's talented? Mark Viduka has probably got more talent in his little toe and it counts for nothing either because the pair of them have a heart the size of a pea.

Zog needed to be sold that's without doubt, but we should have got more money for him. £8m plus Ryan Taylor would have been easier to swallow. This is a player who has pace, power, good shooting ability, and can cross. He'll do well at Wigan where he'll be first choice left wing.

We were lucky to get what we did tbh.

I'd disagree with this.  He rarely finds people with his crosses and the last time he scored a goal from range was the Bolton game 18 months ago I think.

He does get power and venom in his shots, but his accuracy isn't that great.

I'd disagree with this.  He rarely finds people with his crosses and the last time he scored a goal from range was the Bolton game 18 months ago I think.

If he makes it anywhere near the box without running into someone

He rarely finds people with his crosses because we usually only have owen in the box when the ball comes in.

Fuck me man...are those people upset with this deal on the same fucking planet?

£6m + and Taylor...for a player who has not filled any of his own self belief, a person who is dissrespectful to the club, a player who does not want to play for us (hasnt for a long time now) and has a poor assist and goal scoring record is good business imo.

Let him fuck off to another club and those fuckers deal with his stroppyness.

Steve Bruce plays him out of position once and he'll be whinging to L'Equippe.

Fuck him and that fucking big head of his.

Good riddance...  Lets face it, bar the odd bit of brilliance, he flaters to decieve.  His attitude has been a big issue for sometime.  He has got what he wants with little respect for us fans or the club.

£6.5m or 6 for a player that cost £500-1m plus a player is very good business just to get the little shite out of here for good.  For the likes of Nolan and Taylor - the toon is a step up - not a step down.  Right now, we need players like this.  Ones that want to make the mark and prove a point.

Good business so far.  Let Shay go and spend the money quick - I think at least then we will have a sqaud that wants to be here (so it seems)..

Owen and and clear out of others in the summer and the squad might start looking a little more solid - if not spectacular. 

He rarely finds people with his crosses because we usually only have owen in the box when the ball comes in.

how many times does he look up,know theres only one player there and still hit it in,even worse when he knows theres no one there and he still plays it even when he has time.......that is deliberatly giving the ball away, the biggest sin in football.

So we get this fee, the fee for perhaps Given. We've spent 4.5 million, so Ashley pockets the rest? From our little confidence boost in Nolan, him and Taylor will probably be it. Which is gash. Can't see us getting any others now.

[/quote

Given it took until the 30th for Joe to make an approach for his number one target, I have to agree!!