We now need

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn't trust Martins' fitness to hold out for the remainder of the season either hence my plea for another striker. I've been hearing some disappointing things (if true) about him on that front and his whole appetite for playing for Newcastle at the minute, basically he too wants away.

Are you serious?

That is f***ing disgusting if true.

Wish we would just flog all these whinging ungrateful wasters.

Nolan's attitude today has been such a breath of fresh air.

:lol: Christ, if only we had eleven Alan Smiths, eh.

What the hell could Oba have to complain about right now though? I would be so dissapointed in him if true.

He has played every game when fit for goodness sake.

If he is purposely sitting out games as HTT implies then we are freakin' screwed and really can't afford that at all.

If Martins wanted away he could have engineered it like the other pair of "injured" c***s have.

Give him time...

Before Monday?

He's had a shitter deal that N'Zogbia has here IMO, but still seems to at least care.

If we sign another striker i will slice open my scrotum with a syringe and fry my left testicle. We've got eight - this is Ashley - he's not going to pay the wages of another striker. He's given him Lovenkrands - if he isn't good enough then we shouldn't have f***ing gone for him. It ain't gonna happen, HTT. It's not essential either, imo - certainly down the pecking order in terms of positional priority.

Whilst I agree we aint going to sign another striker this window, I beg to differ about positional priority.

We're struggling to get goals from upfront. There's a distinct lack of quality there.

Owen? Crocked.

Viduka? Crocked.

Martins? Crocked.

Lovenkrands? Couldn't comment on quality

Smith? Can't score for s***

Ameobi? Too slow

Carroll? Tries, but lacks the quality edge

Xisco? No point in even discussing

Whilst strikers are there to score you goals, it'd be nice if we had a midfield that meant we didn't have to rely entirely on the strikers. It'd make a nice change, wouldn't it. It just ain't a healthy balance.

A setup of Martins, Shola, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Smith - whilst not being particularly brilliant - is good enough a selection to keep us in the division. A couple of midfielders that can actually put the thing in the net would compliment that bunch reasonably well - it'd compensate for the lack of a prolific striker.

I think Nolan will contribute, btw.

I agree, but would like to think that we could strengthen two areas rather than one before the window closes.

Whilst I believe too that the midfield lacks a shitload of creativity, I would like to see someone who can consistently stick the ball in the net without missing another three chances then f***ing off to the medical room for two months.

We need a decent striker and a f***ing good creative central midfielder, and for £14m (Given+Zoggy), that should be possible.

I wouldn't trust Martins' fitness to hold out for the remainder of the season either hence my plea for another striker. I've been hearing some disappointing things (if true) about him on that front and his whole appetite for playing for Newcastle at the minute, basically he too wants away.

Are you serious?

What the hell could Oba have to complain about right now though? I would be so dissapointed in him if true.

If he is purposely sitting out games as HTT implies then we are freakin' screwed and really can't afford that at all.

If Martins wanted away he could have engineered it like the other pair of "injured" c***s have.

Give him time...

I really hope you are exaggerating this HTT.

We need Martins playing at 100% if we are to even have a fightin chance the rest of the way.

mackems.gif

I would go for Saviola on loan. But i wonder if there's time to spend the money we get from N'Zogbias and possibly Givens?

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes just the way it went when we sold Woody and Milner...

Are you serious?

faked a complicated surgery in germany is what im hearing...

:lol:

"Vot is zis? Zer iz nuzzing wrong inst here!"

Are you serious?

faked a complicated surgery in germany is what im hearing...

:lol:

"Vot is zis? Zer iz nuzzing wrong inst here!"

:lol: :lol:

He's had nothing but love and affection heaped on him for all the time he's been here. He's never been left out of the first team when fit.

If he's indeed faking injury to avoid playing... That would be the lowest of the low.

Until Owen got fit.

Aye he missed maybe a handful of games under Keegan before he figured out how to play three strikers at once. Boo hoo.

He's had nothing but love and affection heaped on him for all the time he's been here. He's never been left out of the first team when fit.

If he's indeed faking injury to avoid playing... That would be the lowest of the low.

Until Owen got fit.

Aye he missed maybe a handful of games under Keegan before he figured out how to play three strikers at once. Boo hoo.

Allardyce fucked him off onto the wing too once Owen was fit, as did Roeder.

Didn't Oba get a bloody surgery though? And isn't he supposed to be coming back soon? Why would he decide to randomly fake injury after (during) an impressive win at Pompey, then come back now. That's would be ridiculous. I really would hope this is all nonsense, and that Oba will come back a play a key part in us staying up, as he has the past two seasons.

Didn't Oba get a bloody surgery though? And isn't he supposed to be coming back soon? Why would he decide to randomly fake injury after (during) an impressive win at Pompey, then come back now. That's would be ridiculous. I really would hope this is all nonsense, and that Oba will come back a play a key part in us staying up, as he has the past two seasons.

It's just HTT talking shite as usual, don't worry about it.

I really hope so.

Now Zoggy and Shay are on their way I just hope people get this foolishness out of their system and knuckle down to some serious hard work.

If Ryan Taylor is defo signing, we need a goal scoring midfielder definately, couldn't give a f*** which league he is from.  Cant think about signing a decent striker at this stage now.  We would have to wait until summer or get the cast offs and i dread to think how much we would have to pay for a striker.  If taylor aint on board, a RB and mid.  Asking a bit much I know.

Martins will play less than 10 more games for us this season.

??? Wild assumption tbh. They've just fixed - well, that was their intention when they went into surgery - the problem that has been nagging away at him all season. He hasn't got a particularly bad injury record, not until this season. He should be fine now with a bit of luck.

You can tell we've got a total new generation of posters on here when HTT's info is being taken seriously.

The only reason I am slightly worried about this is because I've seen him do it for Nigeria, and that stupid agent of his has been talking shit during this window.

Hopefully it's nothing as you say.

You can tell we've got a total new generation of posters on here when HTT's info is being taken seriously.

The only reason I am slightly worried about this is because I've seen him do it for Nigeria, and that stupid agent of his has been talking shit during this window.

Hopefully it's nothing as you say.

Kaka man, the guy's just had surgery.

But everyone does it for Nigeria, that's not a big deal :lol: Players don't always want to come for duty. One might remember Okocha "getting lost on his way to the airport", or "Obi Mikel "not having his visas in order." Oba just uses injuries instead.

You do raise a good point.

:aww: