We now need

Guest Howaythetoon

We have eight potential first-team strikers on the books HTT.

You might think they're all shit but there's absolutely no chance we'll not be signing any more until some of those leave.

Owen? Crocked.

Viduka? Crocked.

Martins? Crocked.

Lovenkrands? Don't be daft.

Smith? Kinnear wants to keep him, he doesn't want to leave.

Ameobi? See Smith.

Carroll? No point.

Xisco? Can't leave yet anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

We need a lot of things, but a striker is low on the list imo. We have shit loads of strikers, I dont think we'll be buying any more. Injuries or not.

If we sign another striker i will slice open my scrotum with a syringe and fry my left testicle. We've got eight - this is Ashley - he's not going to pay the wages of another striker. He's given him Lovenkrands - if he isn't good enough then we shouldn't have fucking gone for him. It ain't gonna happen, HTT. It's not essential either, imo - certainly down the pecking order in terms of positional priority.

We need a spark up front, someone capable of going on a scoring streak who even when the team is playing s**** can pop up with a goal. None of our strikers are capable of that. Well Owen is but he's out injured and badly off form anyway, a player clearly going through the motions.

What about Oba, I thought that was kind of his game? Much more so than Owen anyway.

I would like a striker in this window. However, I feel if we get one, it will be on loan. As mentioned earlier, we have eigth strikers on our books. Shola, Martins, Carrol, and Lovenkrands with Fat Aussie and Owen popping in on occassion should be enough. So striker ofr me is the last priority, after the centre of midfield and right and left back.

Guest Howaythetoon

We have eight potential first-team strikers on the books HTT.

You might think they're all s*** but there's absolutely no chance we'll not be signing any more until some of those leave.

Owen? Crocked.

Viduka? Crocked.

Martins? Crocked.

Lovenkrands? Don't be daft.

Smith? Kinnear wants to keep him, he doesn't want to leave.

Ameobi? See Smith.

Carroll? No point.

Xisco? Can't leave yet anyway.

Oh I know all that Dave but not one of those can be relied on to produce the goods in front of goal and it is goals we need to keep us up as we sure can't keep them out at the other end. I also feel a goalscorer would lift fans and give us some extra hope. The fact Carroll and Ameobi could both be partnering each other on Sunday says it all for me and while injuries have forced that, we can't afford to see those two or a combination of Xisco and Viduka starting too many games for us.

I wouldn't trust Martins' fitness to hold out for the remainder of the season either hence my plea for another striker. I've been hearing some disappointing things (if true) about him on that front and his whole appetite for playing for Newcastle at the minute, basically he too wants away.

Are you serious?

That is fucking disgusting if true.

Wish we would just flog all these whinging ungrateful wasters.

Nolan's attitude today has been such a breath of fresh air.

If we sign another striker i will slice open my scrotum with a syringe and fry my left testicle. We've got eight - this is Ashley - he's not going to pay the wages of another striker. He's given him Lovenkrands - if he isn't good enough then we shouldn't have f***ing gone for him. It ain't gonna happen, HTT. It's not essential either, imo - certainly down the pecking order in terms of positional priority.

Whilst I agree we aint going to sign another striker this window, I beg to differ about positional priority.

We're struggling to get goals from upfront. There's a distinct lack of quality there.

Owen? Crocked.

Viduka? Crocked.

Martins? Crocked.

Lovenkrands? Couldn't comment on quality

Smith? Can't score for shit

Ameobi? Too slow

Carroll? Tries, but lacks the quality edge

Xisco? No point in even discussing

I wouldn't trust Martins' fitness to hold out for the remainder of the season either hence my plea for another striker. I've been hearing some disappointing things (if true) about him on that front and his whole appetite for playing for Newcastle at the minute, basically he too wants away.

Are you serious?

:lol: Christ, if only we had eleven Alan Smiths, eh.

Are you serious?

:jesuswept:

Are you serious?

mackems.gif

Are you serious?

That is f***ing disgusting if true.

What the hell could Oba have to complain about right now though? I would be so dissapointed in him if true.

He has played every game when fit for goodness sake.

If he is purposely sitting out games as HTT implies then we are freakin' screwed and really can't afford that at all.

Tbh, I think we need to get another CM in first. Veloso maybe? (doubt it). Then a LB.

If we were to get rid of either Viduka, Xisco and/or Ameobi, then I'd go hunting for a striker. And as someone else said in this thread Kevin Doyle would be canny.

But we must be careful not to buy so much that we block out our youth players even more. Instead of buying a new RW, we can just use Lua Lua. Simple. And instead of buying another target man we might as well play Andy Carroll up there for the rest of the season and see how he does. He's got two goals already and Im sure theres a few more in him.

We've got to give these youngs lads a chance to blossom. But in saying that we must also get the right blend of experience and class that will help the younger lads.

Are you serious?

What the hell could Oba have to complain about right now though? I would be so dissapointed in him if true.

If he is purposely sitting out games as HTT implies then we are freakin' screwed and really can't afford that at all.

If Martins wanted away he could have engineered it like the other pair of "injured" cunts have.

If we sign another striker i will slice open my scrotum with a syringe and fry my left testicle. We've got eight - this is Ashley - he's not going to pay the wages of another striker. He's given him Lovenkrands - if he isn't good enough then we shouldn't have f***ing gone for him. It ain't gonna happen, HTT. It's not essential either, imo - certainly down the pecking order in terms of positional priority.

Whilst I agree we aint going to sign another striker this window, I beg to differ about positional priority.

We're struggling to get goals from upfront. There's a distinct lack of quality there.

Owen? Crocked.

Viduka? Crocked.

Martins? Crocked.

Lovenkrands? Couldn't comment on quality

Smith? Can't score for shit

Ameobi? Too slow

Carroll? Tries, but lacks the quality edge

Xisco? No point in even discussing

Whilst strikers are there to score you goals, it'd be nice if we had a midfield that meant we didn't have to rely entirely on the strikers. It'd make a nice change, wouldn't it. It just ain't a healthy balance.

A setup of Martins, Shola, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Smith - whilst not being particularly brilliant - is good enough a selection to keep us in the division. A couple of midfielders that can actually put the thing in the net would compliment that bunch reasonably well - it'd compensate for the lack of a prolific striker.

I think Nolan will contribute, btw.

Guest Howaythetoon

Are you serious?

If Martins wanted away he could have engineered it like the other pair of "injured" c***s have.

Give him time...

Are you serious?

faked a complicated surgery in germany is what im hearing...

Are you serious?

If Martins wanted away he could have engineered it like the other pair of "injured" c***s have.

Give him time...

I really hope you are exaggerating this HTT.

We need Martins playing at 100% if we are to even have a fightin chance the rest of the way.

He's had nothing but love and affection heaped on him for all the time he's been here. He's never been left out of the first team when fit.

If he's indeed faking injury to avoid playing... That would be the lowest of the low.