Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

If you stick a ball across the face of the goal, there should be one of your team mates going for the ball. There hasn't been. Ameobi can't be arsed to move, and despite Carroll actually playing quite well he's sat on the back post most of the time.

Jonas has looked for Shola and Carroll but his crosses havent cleared the first defender. I like him a lot but some seem to go to any lengths to defend him.

Sunderland are much more composed and confident on the ball. That's the difference between the sides. We're tending to hoof it long a lot of the time, and while we're getting some chances that way, I wish we had a bit more ability to pass the ball on the deck.

In that sense, it doesn't help that we've got two big lads up front. Our midfield don't seem to know whether or when to go forward either.

that's the kinnear way tbh, blast it towards no movement up front and, while carroll can win the headers, his touch isnt good enough for effective knock downs or lay offs. when it's been outwide with jonas or enrique i just cant see carroll or shola manouvering in the box to get to crosses first. doesnt help that we have no right hand side too.

Jonas has been shit. His crossing and passing is atrocious.

He's been trying and been getting into some decent positions. He's looking like he can do something, as opposed to Duff.

Ameobi is fucking wank while Carrol has done well, impressed with him tbh. Enrique has been our best player by a mile and Bassong has been good too.

This is far from over, but we have to score. We need a win, draw isn't good enough.

I agree with all this. But we really need to replace James Milner; the only decent crosses have come deep from Enrique.

nolan aint invlolved because people aint involving him, ive seen countless times where hes open for an easy pass etc, but they just hoof it up(mainly shitty butt) to carrol or shitface ameobi instead and lose it. DIRE football.

If you stick a ball across the face of the goal, there should be one of your team mates going for the ball. There hasn't been. Ameobi can't be arsed to move, and despite Carroll actually playing quite well he's sat on the back post most of the time.

That's been killing me. They're both making pretty much the same runs. No one is heading to the near post.

We need a new manager.

Who exactly?

I dont see how things are much/any different to Septmeber when JFK was the only one who wanted it!!

Surely someone like Roberto Martinez would take it. Ask Gary Speed, anyone really, even if it's just in the hope that they have a honeymoon period. We can have all the new players we want i don't think it will make a massive difference under Kinnear. Ketsbaia, he was begging for it.

I thought Ketsbaia said he wouldnt take it under the current circumstances.

I think he said he wouldn't want a short contract with other people buying his players.

Enrique has been excellent, Jonas busy but final ball sometimes not so good, Carrol has done quite well considering. I also think Butt has been ok and Bassong in general has looked good.

Ameobi is a disgrace, truly shocking, Nolan and Duff a waste of space, more midfielders are needed as what I'm seeing out there in midfield isn't good enough.

Bring on Lovenkrands for Ameobi, he can't be any less match fit and would at least give us someone who can run (something Shola cant do even when fully fit).

Shola has made a couple of chances for himself, just a shame he STILL can't get any power in his shots!

Jonas has looked for Shola and Carroll but his crosses havent cleared the first defender. I like him a lot but some seem to go to any lengths to defend him.

How bloody patronising. I'm watching the game, and thats my opinion.

Jonas has been shit. His crossing and passing is atrocious.

He's been trying and been getting into some decent positions. He's looking like he can do something, as opposed to Duff.

Ameobi is fucking wank while Carrol has done well, impressed with him tbh. Enrique has been our best player by a mile and Bassong has been good too.

This is far from over, but we have to score. We need a win, draw isn't good enough.

I agree with all this. But we really need to replace James Milner; the only decent crosses have come deep from Enrique.

You do remember that Milner can't (couldn't while he was here anyway) cross to save his life, right?

Duff is dying on the right, we need him on the left, move Jonas right and put Duff on the left. Jonas will put them under just as much pressure as he is now and the move will make Duff much more effective. Shola needs to come off as soon as possible.

Shola is as slow as a snail but he hasn't trained regularly and is not exactly the quickest to begin with. Still he needs to be subbed.

Kinda sounds like you're trying to defend him...

Get him off ASAP and terminate the f****king contract right away! Carroll can win headers but we pace for the flick-ons and Lovenkrands would surely provide that

Lay off Jonas. He's one of the few players who look like they can create something for us. He's also not afraid to hang on to the ball and look for the best possible pass. Everyone else is getting rid of it like it's a hot potato.