Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

Jonas hasn't been able to lift a single cross off the ground.  It's amazing just how bad he is.

your crazy...

AT CROSSING

I think he's class, but his crossing has been awful today.

When you're under as much pressure as he is I'm sure not many players would be able to cross much better. He constantly has three players on him because he's the only player in our team that runs past people, in a team that functions better and spreads the ball a bit better I'm sure his crossing will be much better.

Why do you feel the need to defend him so much rather than looking at the facts?

Was his crossing appauling today or not?

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

The game was there to win. Carroll with his injury should have come off 2-3mind after for Lovenkrads, a bit of pace was what we were crying out for. 2pts lost in the end, thanks JFK.

When you're under as much pressure as he is I'm sure not many players would be able to cross much better. He constantly has three players on him because he's the only player in our team that runs past people, in a team that functions better and spreads the ball a bit better I'm sure his crossing will be much better.

No, he's very good at getting into positions to cross, his crosses just happen to be wank. That's not to say he's a useless player, just that we're not making proper use of him. He needs better support from midfield and from the attackers.

Guest justin99.

Jonas hasn't been able to lift a single cross off the ground.  It's amazing just how bad he is.

your crazy...

AT CROSSING

he put in an number of suberb crosses; majority of the time he was double teamed

Draw was a fair result. Would've won this comfortably with Owen or Martins up front.

Positives

Enrique has a brilliant match

Bassong is a 20m defender

Nolan looks a decent-ish Barton proxy

Jonas is always threatening

Out of the drop zone :celb:

Negatives

...By only one point.

Who's crocked this time?

Need some players to push Butt out of the team or God almighty himself will smite us as an affront to the game of football.

dive? it was clever. smart strikers who can read a tackle and allow themselves to go down. I thought Taylor used the contact to his advantage.

Ask me prior to all our sh*t calls for penalties given against us this season, I would have said differnetly. But right now, I could care less.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Duff actually put some good balls in had we had someone with a functioning brain and not Ameobi up front, they would have been turned into goals.

Sad thing is I think we did the best we could with what we have which is a shit team. Have to pray that our better players get fit and stay fit in time to get enough points to avoid relegation.

Duff and Ameobi should have put away a couple in that second half.

Yet another predictable piss poor first half performance from our gutless wonders. Much better performance in the second half.

Bassong MOM, but Enrique there with him.

Jonas, Nolan, Carroll were all good too.

Get a couple of decent buys in tmrw and Martins and co returning we could yet get ourselves out of trouble.

your crazy...

AT CROSSING

he put in an number of suberb crosses; majority of the time he was double teamed

What? When? I'm talking about the game today.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper - 5

Taylor - 7

Bassong - 9

Colo - 5

Enrique - 8

Duff - 4

Butt - 3

Nolan - 5

Jonas - 8

Carroll - 7

Ameobi - 4

Guest Heneage

Honestly Sunderland was the better team and we got lucky - a dubious pen and Secret Agent Chopra saved us from a loss.

We'll be lucky to stay up.

:lol:

The thought of him in the dressing Room.

"What? Course I didn't mean to overhit, I hate them black and whites grrr nasty thoughts! Honest! :harry:"