Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

Guest DarkSchneider

Why has Kinnear waited so long with Lovenkrands... This was so frustraiting. He also didn't play Lua Lua, not to mention Xisco.

I really hate him.

Harper - 7

Taylor - 6

Colo - 5.5

Bassong - 9 - MotM

Enrique - 8.5

Nolan - 6

Butt - 5

Duff - 5

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 6

Fans - 10

About right that.

Good solid debut by Nolan, looked very solid and gave a presence we have been lacking. Him and Barton would be a monster partnership.

Jonas hasn't been able to lift a single cross off the ground.  It's amazing just how bad he is.

your crazy...

AT CROSSING

I think he's class, but his crossing has been awful today.

When you're under as much pressure as he is I'm sure not many players would be able to cross much better. He constantly has three players on him because he's the only player in our team that runs past people, in a team that functions better and spreads the ball a bit better I'm sure his crossing will be much better.

Why do you feel the need to defend him so much rather than looking at the facts?

Was his crossing appauling today or not?

Yes, but it seems that no-one on our team crosses well (consistently). Coaching issue perhaps?

Duff actually put some good balls in had we had someone with a functioning brain and not Ameobi up front, they would have been turned into goals.

Sad thing is I think we did the best we could with what we have which is a shit team. Have to pray that our better players get fit and stay fit in time to get enough points to avoid relegation.

Most of Duff's crosses weren't that good, but that cross near the end that almost landed on Ameobi's foot was a peach.

Was pointless lobbing so many balls and crosses in there. Ameobi was winning nothing in dangerous positions and when he was free he passed back accross behind everyone.

Was end to end in the last 10 minutes very scary. End of the day it's only one point again :(

Guest sittingontheball

Shola great pen but misses open goal.

Jonas some great setup and draws lots of fouls, but no end product I'm afraid. Some poor crosses from Enrique too, though he did well. Bassong my motm.

Nolan saved us one, but didn't achieve much. Telegraphed some of his passes.

Harps did okay too.

Nearly lost it on the break a couple of times.

Chopra is a legend for not shooting there.

On the whole, disaster averted. Almost a moral victory.

There was contact, so it was a pen. Everyone makes the most of them.

Got to win next week though. Carroll and Martins please.

Few bounces our way and we could have won it. Nolan all around the box, love it.

Overall, waste of a first half. Terrible.

2nd half had many talking points - Nolan, Duff, Ameobi, Carroll.  All looked good. I'd like to see Lovenkrands get the start to be honest, he looked lively, can control the ball and with a bit of pace.

MInd you, if Oba is back next match it will transform us completly.  Had he been fit today, we would have won it. We were crying out for his unpredictability and the Scum back line would have been defending about 5 yards further back.

Was pointless lobbing so many balls and crosses in there. Ameobi was winning nothing in dangerous positions and when he was free he passed back accross behind everyone.

Was end to end in the last 10 minutes very scary. End of the day it's only one point again :(

what else could we have done? we don't have many footballers in the team.

We need a striker

No.

We need some creative force in midfield. 

I believe that Jonas could do a decent job in the CM...quite light weight what a work rate and skills on the ball not to mention his overall attitude. Looked so inspired to be having a chance to play this derby match just like Enrique. Who would have thought when we're supposed to have this local lad Taylor?

Harper 7

Taylor 5

Colo 6

Bassong 7

Enrique 7

Duff 6

Butt 4

Nolan 6

Jonas 7

Carroll 6

Ameobi 4

JK 2

Jonas hasn't been able to lift a single cross off the ground.  It's amazing just how bad he is.

your crazy...

AT CROSSING

I think he's class, but his crossing has been awful today.

When you're under as much pressure as he is I'm sure not many players would be able to cross much better. He constantly has three players on him because he's the only player in our team that runs past people, in a team that functions better and spreads the ball a bit better I'm sure his crossing will be much better.

Why do you feel the need to defend him so much rather than looking at the facts?

Was his crossing appauling today or not?

Yes, but it seems that no-one on our team crosses well (consistently). Coaching issue perhaps?

Duff actually put some good balls in had we had someone with a functioning brain and not Ameobi up front, they would have been turned into goals.

Sad thing is I think we did the best we could with what we have which is a shit team. Have to pray that our better players get fit and stay fit in time to get enough points to avoid relegation.

Most of Duff's crosses weren't that good, but that cross near the end that almost landed at Ameobi's foot was a peach.

Couple of decent corners as well, but he's still shite. The amount of blind allies he runs into is phenomenal.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper - 5

Taylor - 7

Bassong - 9

Colo - 5

Enrique - 8

Duff - 4

Butt - 3

Nolan - 5

Jonas - 8

Carroll - 7

Ameobi - 4

looks about right to me.

Harper 5?

Aye, for me players start off on 5, that shaky clearance at the start had him down at 4, then he made a good save later on to get back on 5. I dont see 5 as being bad, just average.

Few bounces our way and we could have won it. Nolan all around the box, love it.

Overall, waste of a first half. Terrible.

2nd half had many talking points - Nolan, Duff, Ameobi, Carroll.  All looked good. I'd like to see Lovenkrands get the start to be honest, he looked lively, can control the ball and with a bit of pace.

MInd you, if Oba is back next match it will transform us completly.  Had he been fit today, we would have won it. We were crying out for his unpredictability and the Scum back line would have been defending about 5 yards further back.

Thought he scored from that effort from an impossible angle, and he definitely should have started alongside Carroll or Shola.

Overly foolish to claim that we need to sign another striker to improve the team.

For starters we have enough as it is, regardless of whether half of them are injured or not. We have target men with Carrol, Ameobi and Viduka - if he gets fit enough to play. We have pace in Lovenkrands and Martins. We have a natural finisher with great ability in Owen - who wont be playing for a while.

What we do need are players who can dominate possession and link with the forwards and supply them with opportunities. At this moment that count reads as 0. Jonas is responsible for most of our link-up and chance creation, yet his final delivery is terrible.

Toon's Taylor it was a rhetorical and sarcastic question. You aren't clever - you're either moronic, miss-informed or most likely a combination of both.