Mike Ashley emailed David Craig

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sky just said Mike Ashley has emailed again, saying he may shortly have some breaking news for their yellow ticker.

Either they're making it up to keep viewers, or he's taking the proverbial!

That's the same email as before ;)

If it's Ryan Taylor it'll kick off.

It'd be like having a yellow ticker reading "Newcastle is pretty far north of London".. it's that f***ing obvious.

Not the actual point at issue, I know - but I much prefer to say "London is pretty far south of Newcastle".

It is THEY that are 'distant'  -  not us.

Important point.

Ashley is blatantly not there and nothing will happen, probably laughing at the TV from his home. Nice try though.

He was shown arriving in the snow.

It was a photoshopped clip of when Asprilla arrived.

ITK.

Guest neesy111

Everything else aside, if true, I think that is pretty funny personally. 

Even more so if he pulls couple off a  "put those in ya pipe and smoke it" transfers!!!

(not holding out too much hope though)...

JK: " we had bids accepted for Kaka, Messi and one other, I have forgotten his name but what with Mike loosing £2bn in the the credit crunch and then all this snow, it put an end to our transfer window which is a real shame.  No one told us the window opened on the 1st of Jan, we thought it was the 30th"

hang on,  "Dennis  just called, it sounds like we might have bought a new Fax"

(Daniel Fox)

Nah i reckon the yellow ticker will say "newcastle sign 2 snowmen"

Can't see either passing a medical due to being prone to melting

nah they won't be able to take the heat of playing for us

Guest guinness_fiend

Ashley is blatantly not there and nothing will happen, probably laughing at the TV from his home. Nice try though.

He was shown arriving in the snow.

It was a photoshopped clip of when Asprilla arrived.

ITK.

:lol:

Guest black n white

Everything else aside, if true, I think that is pretty funny personally. 

Even more so if he pulls couple off a  "put those in ya pipe and smoke it" transfers!!!

(not holding out too much hope though)...

JK: " we had bids accepted for Kaka, Messi and one other, I have forgotten his name but what with Mike loosing £2bn in the the credit crunch and then all this snow, it put an end to our transfer window which is a real shame.  No one told us the window opened on the 1st of Jan, we thought it was the 30th"

hang on,  "Dennis  just called, it sounds like we might have bought a new Fax"

(Daniel Fox)

Nah i reckon the yellow ticker will say "newcastle sign 2 snowmen"

Can't see either passing a medical due to being prone to melting

kinnear and liambasss are looking for 2 carrots to finalise the deals.

I'd like to shove those 2 carrots up his nose (m/a's)

Guest Stephen927

Nice bloke. Gave David Craig and his team bacon butties for nowt, then invited them to the training ground so they could stay in the loop.

So it was all a ploy.

Send DC an email because he knows it'll go out on air, say that they are working hard and deals are expected.

Invite Sky to the training ground so that they can witness Ashley arriving and can place them not too far from the office they're based in so they can see Hughton etc. working from the windows.

Looks like they're working hard. In reality, they couldn't give a fuck.

So it was all a ploy.

Send DC an email because he knows it'll go out on air, say that they are working hard and deals are expected.

Invite Sky to the training ground so that they can witness Ashley arriving and can place them not too far from the office they're based in so they can see Hughton etc. working from the windows.

Seriously doubt that.

So it was all a ploy.

Looks like they're working hard. In reality, they couldn't give a f***.

Seriously doubt that.

Me too.. It's gross incompetence rather than some ploy to destroy us.. Hardly makes me feel better..

So it was all a ploy.

Seriously doubt that.

What is there to show for it though?

A failed £8m bid for Johnson and a failed £8m bid for a player that was probably worth £14m.

If that email is from Ashley, he brought attention to himself and the club today deliberately and why would he do that unless he was going to have something to show for it?

I don't believe those that say Ashley does what he does to sit back and laugh at us because he can, but it's starting to look more and more like he seriously couldn't care less what happened.

So it was all a ploy.

Seriously doubt that.

There's something very much amiss though.

Ashley is a fantastic businessman, he's proved that his whole life. Yet he's now completely bolloxed up the end of two transfer windows in a row, and we could now get relegated because of it.

Lots of smoke and mirrors going on here IMO, I think it's pretty conceivable that we had no intention of signing anyone other than Taylor today. Yet they've gone to all this fuss to make it seem as though they've been busy working on deals all day, so they can now go "We worked tirelessly all day, but in the end we just couldn't get the deals done."

I reckon they sat in the office doing shots all day tbh.

So it was all a ploy.

Seriously doubt that.

A failed £8m bid for Johnson and a failed £8m bid for a player that was probably worth £14m.

If that email is from Ashley, he brought attention to himself and the club today deliberately and why would he do that unless he was going to have something to show for it?

I don't believe those that say Ashley does what he does to sit back and laugh at us because he can, but it's starting to look more and more like he seriously couldn't care less what happened.

Agree with most of that, up until the last line again. Don't think he stands to gain anything from "not caring" how we do.

So it was all a ploy.

Seriously doubt that.

There's something very much amiss though.

Ashley is a fantastic businessman, he's proved that his whole life. Yet he's now completely bolloxed up the end of two transfer windows in a row, and we could now get relegated because of it.

Lots of smoke and mirrors going on here IMO, I think it's pretty conceivable that we had no intention of signing anyone other than Taylor today. Yet they've gone to all this fuss to make it seem as though they've been busy working on deals all day, so they can now go "We worked tirelessly all day, but in the end we just couldn't get the deals done."

I reckon they sat in the office doing shots all day tbh.

Most definitely. I've been ill at ease with everything for a good while now, as far back as last February or so.

I do think if you look around most PL message boards they'll be saying the same things about their dealmakers and chairmen though.

Not saying he's not responsible, but there are mitigating circumstances at the minute (perhaps more than ever before in recent history.) It's not like the last lot didn't bungle windows and operate in an extremely similar fashion.

So it was all a ploy.

Seriously doubt that.

Agree with most of that, up until the last line again. Don't think he stands to gain anything from "not caring" how we do.

But like someone just said in the transfer thread, he really had the chance to win alot of people over today.

He certainly would have went up in my estimations had he produced out of nowhere a couple of cracking buys/decent players to improve us further and keep us up.

The fact that he didn't makes me wonder whether he actually cares about making things better. If he did, he would have at least brought one other face in.