Ryan Taylor

Dave

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

He's finished. Should be nowhere near a match day squad.

We all know hell be shoe-horned in by the king week in, week out, however.

He wasnt "finished" before he got injured, he was an average squad player who can fill in and do a job just like Perch did.

Providing he can fully recover from his injury there's no reason why he cant be a squad player for us again.

The 2 horrific injuries he's had will take a massive toll pretty soon. He seems like a decent bloke, can't fault his attitude or commitment but if he plays regularly he'll be exposed. Needs to be a bit-part player this season.

Might be a committed player but he's clearly not good enough. With his two season's injury and his age, it would be hard to get back to even the limited usefulness he had. His expiring contract and the fall of Jonas from the first team could potentially spell the end of his time here. Could do well joining his ex-Geordie mates at former club Wigan.

He's right, mind. Raylor really shouldn't be at any PL club, let alone this one.

Should we sack him the moment he recovers from a potentially career ending injury?, dont think that's the way a "proper" club would.do.it..

Of course he isn't good enough to be a real part of our plans.  But the suggestion we've done something wrong by not freezing him out just as he returns from serious injury is just ridiculous.

Pre-injury, he was already a limited player so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Didn't say it was, I'm saying that no club is going to freeze a lad out when he's just come back from injury, if we did there'd be people on here on about how heartless we are.

If we actually give him a new contract then I'll have a problem.

Pre-injury, he was already a limited player so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Didn't say it was, I'm saying that no club is going to freeze a lad out when he's just come back from injury, if we did there'd be people on here on about how heartless we are.

If we actually give him a new contract then I'll have a problem.

If he's not going to play much of a part in the first team this season, it might be better to let him go to another club where he can regain his match fitness rather than 3 seasons of non-football in a row. And I'd argue we have shown plenty of heart in such a case.

He's right, mind. Raylor really shouldn't be at any PL club, let alone this one.

Should we sack him the moment he recovers from a potentially career ending injury?, dont think that's the way a "proper" club would.do.it..

Of course he isn't good enough to be a real part of our plans.  But the suggestion we've done something wrong by not freezing him out just as he returns from serious injury is just ridiculous.

I never advocated sacking him. There aren't any grounds to do that.

Having him playing any sort of role on the pitch, even as a squad player, is pretty fucking unacceptable for a club of this size. Should've been sold years back.