Team of the Season So Far ?

Delima

A bit of change from all these transfer talks.

What would be your team of the season so far? I don't think there are many outstanding players so far. To me:

Robin Van Persie, Robinho?

Ashley Young, Frank Lampard, Vincent Kompany, Stephen Ireland

Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidic, Phil Jagielka/Brede Hangeland, Jose Bosingwa

Edwin Van der Saar

To me, only Lampard, Vidic, VDS and Bosingw are undisputable selections.

What are picks?

--------------------------------Given-----------------------------

Bosingwa-------Jagielka----------Hangeland---------Evra

Young-----Lampard-----Geovanni-----Ireland-----Arteta

------------------------------Anelka-----------------------------

van der Sar?  I know he's a broken a record and everything but the number of world class saves I have seen Given make, makes him my number 1.

Given

Bosingwa

Evra

Vidic

Ferdinand

Gerrard

Young

Lampard

Mascherano

Anelka

Gaby

Guest quklaani

Friedel

Bosingwa Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick  Alonso

Lampard

Agbonlahor           Ronaldo

Cisse

I can't think of an exceptional keeper this year. To me Given has been pretty average. Van Der Sar has been really average.

According to OPTA the best summer signing this season (nowt to do with £££, just performances) is Mark Schwarzer.

Given

Bosingwa    Vidic    Bassong    Baines

Arteta    Ireland    Gerrard    Young

Anelka    Zaki

Subs: VDS Delap Robinho C.Cole RVP

I can't think of an exceptional keeper this year. To me Given has been pretty average. Van Der Sar has been really average.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm. Apologies if i've been wooshed but 12 clean sheets in a row doesn't resemble 'really average' in my eyes. :lol:

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm. Apologies if i've been wooshed but 12 clean sheets in a row doesn't resemble 'really average' in my eyes. :lol:

Van Der Sar has barely been called on. Did you watch the Everton match. The other team barely attacked, and when they did it was poor. I've watched Van Der sar plenty this year, I can't remember him doing one exceptional thing. He's looked shaky on several occasions too.

Van Der Sar has barely been called on. Did you watch the Everton match. The other team barely attacked, and when they did it was poor. I've watched Van Der sar plenty this year, I can't remember him doing one exceptional thing. He's looked shaky on several occasions too.

Regardless of how good the defence are, they still need a class keeper. I bet you any money if Ben Foster had played these last 12 games they'd have conceded goals.

The only reason Arteta gets into the team is because not many midfielders have been exceptional this year, not that he himself has been that good. He's had about 6 or 7 good games where he's been the Arteta who swaggers about the pitch passing the ball around and trying to create stuff. The rest of the time he's been a bystander or injured.

Still a vital player for us regardless, though. At long last he's getting his set piece deliveries sorted out.