How can we protest and yet still support the team?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

The very same thing as doing f*** all I imagine...

Is that the best you can come up with?  I thought you would at least have answered.

What will not protesting achieve? What will just sitting there doing nowt do?

I'll answer your question for myself, it would make me feel a little bit better with myself for a start, in a f*** them kind of way.

In general, now that would depend on the kind of protest.

What will just sitting there doing nowt do?

I'll answer your question for myself, it would make me feel a little bit better with myself for a start, in a f*** them kind of way.

In general, now that would depend on the kind of protest.

I didn't ask what it would achieve, you haven't understood what I was asking.  I was asking what the desired outcome was.  The question wasn't me having a go, I was interested what the goals were.

I think T-Shirts are a brilliant idea - I mean we were quite angry as soon as KK left BUT Ashley didnt even flinch (infact he was getting pissed in New York) BUT a T-Shirt is gonna have him shitting his pants - We will totally have him wrapped around our little finger

Amazing idea, genius whoever thought of it

I think T-Shirts are a brilliant idea - I mean we were quite angry as soon as KK left BUT Ashley didnt even flinch (infact he was getting pissed in New York) BUT a T-Shirt is gonna have him shitting his pants - We will totally have him wrapped around our little finger

Is that the best idea that came out of the meeting?

I'm not exactly NUSC's biggest fan, but I actually think its not a bad idea. At least its a symbol that people who want to get behind can do without intruding on those who dont. I bit like those wrist bands from afew years back

Guest Howaythetoon

The profit will be going to Sir Bobby's charity, don't knock it.

The profit will be going to Sir Bobby's charity, don't knock it.

What has that got to do with the merits of the idea?

Pretty much - Oh and someone wants us to have a word with the council  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Guest SellSholaFor1M

Pretty much - Oh and someone wants us to have a word with the council  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Aye he'll really shit his pants when the bins arent emptied, radical, I like it.

Aye he'll really s*** his pants when the bins arent emptied, radical, I like it.

:lol: :lol:

To simply enforce the message that we do not accept the treatment given to us & the running of the club.

So it's not Ashley out, it might be worth getting that message across.  It might be easier to get a dialogue going with the club if it didn’t come across as Ashley out.

To simply enforce the message that we do not accept the treatment given to us & the running of the club.

So it's not Ashley out, it might be worth getting that message across.  It might be easier to get a dialogue going with the club if it didn’t come across as Ashley out.

Yes fair point, its about the whole structure.

Agreed and that should be what is being said, I'm sure more would get involved if that was the case.

I think the thinking is that most are against the whole structure, and who put the strucure in there in the first place? Ashley, so its Ashley out...

But yes, I agree the sentiment about the structure should be forced home.

Guest black n white

Agreed and that should be what is being said, I'm sure more would get involved if that was the case.

How about a nufc hedge fund(dont know aanything about hedge funds tho)

Would i be right in saying there are 4 possible outcomes for this club.

1. The club stays up and is sold next season.

2. The club stays up and ashley stays til he has regained his loan then sells.

3. The club goes down, nufc become insolvent because of the wage bill/ashley's loan cannot be repaid.

4. The club goes down and ashley remains.

(trying to stay ahead of the curve here)

Personally i think a song directed at mike and the board is the best way to protest, flood you tube with 1000's of different versions so the  whole world is singing about these arseholes.

Guest toonlass

3. The club goes down, nufc become insolvent because of the wage bill/ashley's loan cannot be repaid.

Personally i think a song directed at mike and the board is the best way to protest, flood you tube with 1000's of different versions so the  whole world is singing about these arseholes.

We have trouble getting songs going that support the team, never mind songs against Ashley and co.

Guest black n white

We have trouble getting songs going that support the team, never mind songs against Ashley and co.

Very true and sad,(Wish monkey's heed was back at sunderland) does'nt mean it cant be done though. A few songs have been stuck in my head lately suspicious minds and rem 

its the end of the world as we know it.

I mean we were quite angry as soon as KK left BUT Ashley didnt even flinch

Eh?

From where I'm standing it looked like he absolutely shit his pants and threw away all his plans for club. In fact that's the biggest mistake he made.

I wish he had the balls not to flinch, then we wouldn't be in this fucking horrible situation now.

What is the desired outcome of the protest?

Aye, but what do you want to happen as a result of it? That's the point.

And how are you going to design a protest that actually achieves those outcomes?

Otherwise it's just blowing hot air.