Tony Adams Sacked

Kimbo

End of the day they made one horrible appointment last time, chances are they'll make it again.

Pompy are in such a state now compared to when he took over, their best players gone, way down the league, an owner who wants out, and when they situation wasn't like that, they appointed Tony Adams.

They can't go foreign, no decent manager would go near, best of British is Curbs, if its not him then its going to be another poor appointment imo.

Guest guinness_fiend

Best case scenario: Harry does what he does best and jumps ship back to Pompey, leaving Spurs deeper in the s***. 

The bizarre thing about that scenario is that it is not particularly far-fetched!

Best case scenario: Harry does what he does best and jumps ship back to Pompey, leaving Spurs deeper in the s***. 

The bizarre thing about that scenario is that it is not particularly far-fetched!

errr i think it is for 99% of Portsmouth fans.

Guest Heneage

Sorry but am I reading the members of this forum right?

"They'll go on a decent run"

Says who sorry? There aren't an abundance of managers available, and they don't have the money to pay for compensation.

The have a bunch of players that aren't that brilliant with 2 centre backs who are making fundamental mistakes, why that is Tony Adams fault I'll never know, how Distin missing a simple interception is his managers fault is beyond me.

They have David Nugent and Peter Crouch too strikers that have never been terribly prolific, and a midfield consisting of a 33 year old Greek international, and Sean Davis. We face them at home too with fingers crossed a lot of our players back. Pack in being such bloody doom mongers, you all thought we'd get stuffed off West Brom, just for you to all revel in the 3 points when we played well and did what I expected us to.

Feel sorry for TA tbh, i hope he comes to Arsenal now in some role and learns from the best.

I think, as Nixon says, the CB's have been making some stupid mistakes, Avram Grant in would be good for them.

Guest toonlass

Says who sorry? There aren't an abundance of managers available, and they don't have the money to pay for compensation.

The have a bunch of players that aren't that brilliant with 2 centre backs who are making fundamental mistakes, why that is Tony Adams fault I'll never know, how Distin missing a simple interception is his managers fault is beyond me.

They have David Nugent and Peter Crouch too strikers that have never been terribly prolific, and a midfield consisting of a 33 year old Greek international, and Sean Davis. We face them at home too with fingers crossed a lot of our players back. Pack in being such bloody doom mongers, you all thought we'd get stuffed off West Brom, just for you to all revel in the 3 points when we played well and did what I expected us to.

Considering what a good defender Tony Adams was, if he cannot inspire Sol Campbell and Distin to be freaking fantastic on the pitch then no-one can.

Considering what a good defender Tony Adams was, if he cannot inspire Sol Campbell and Distin to be freaking fantastic on the pitch then no-one can.

No one would get Sol Campbell playing well. He's done. It was Harry who got Kanu, Sol, and James playing so well. All three of these players have suffered a drop in performance since Redknapp left.

Guest Heneage

"Inspire"

What?! These are professional footballers on thousands of pounds a week, what motivation do they need? Apart from looking fucking imbeciles to a tv audience of millions?

Sorry but I'm not having this, Adams had his failings, but to say that Distins fuck up for Liverpools second was anyones fault but his is ludicrous, managers take way to much flack for players mistakes, of which Distin made a few yesterday, and when I say mistakes, I mean ones that even an academy player wouldn't make diving in being stupid. A player should be able to motivate himself to perform, he should not require his manager to hold his hand through every game and tell him how class he is.

Sacking Adams doesn't seem to me to solve the problem, just places the blame. Aside the 3-0 beating we gave them, they haven't lost too many games to teams they should be beating. They've had a tough schedule this calendar year. Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa, West Ham, Fulham (away).

The club fucked over their fans-- selling Diarra and Defoe.

Guest toonlass

"Inspire"

What?! These are professional footballers on thousands of pounds a week, what motivation do they need? Apart from looking fucking imbeciles to a tv audience of millions?

Sorry but I'm not having this, Adams had his failings, but to say that Distins fuck up for Liverpools second was anyones fault but his is ludicrous, managers take way to much flack for players mistakes, of which Distin made a few yesterday, and when I say mistakes, I mean ones that even an academy player wouldn't make diving in being stupid. A player should be able to motivate himself to perform, he should not require his manager to hold his hand through every game and tell him how class he is.

Sorry, maybe I used the wrong word. But Adams was a fantastic centre back aye? Surely if there was anyone that defenders would want to work with as a manager its someone like Tony Adams, who can help them to improve their game and know what their job is. Unfortunately modern players seem to be more interested in the cash than anything else. They are too proud to learn from someone like Tony Adams who was just a quality defender on domestic and international levels, despite his own personal problems.

Guest Heneage

True but these two were doing fine weeks prior under Harry. Campbell is an experienced player who has just lost it, Distin isn't much younger and has games under his belt, but Yesterday it was like his first game in league Football. I could understand if they were mistakes relating to confidence, but these were decisions hes making. I agree Adams should have been sacked as his transfer policy was baffling, but I'd not be happy if I was him taking blame for shite defending.