Tony Adams Sacked

Kimbo

I'll be downright weeping if two weeks down the road, Pompey have appointed Curbishley/Grant and go to Stoke with honeymoon mode on in full force.

While in the mean time we're stuck with Joe Kinnear.

Don't worry, we've got that guy with the cool foreign name lined up :pow:

Guest timmy boy

Clubs now just can't afford to get relegated, as soon as you lose a few games and get sucked into the relegation zone chairman panic. Bit harsh on Adams, they obviously saw something in him to hire him in the first place and they have only given him a few months to turn it around when essentially the cup winning team had already been broken up and sold off. They will probably end up with Curbishley or Grant which will be an improvement but they will still be in a tough battle to stay up,their midfield seems awful compared to last season.

Guest toonlass

Clubs now just can't afford to get relegated, as soon as you lose a few games and get sucked into the relegation zone chairman panic. Bit harsh on Adams, they obviously saw something in him to hire him in the first place and they have only given him a few months to turn it around when essentially the cup winning team had already been broken up and sold off. They will probably end up with Curbishley or Grant which will be an improvement but they will still be in a tough battle to stay up,their midfield seems awful compared to last season.

Its a problem with a lot of clubs. Get in a manager, give him a matter of months, then sack him as soon as he doesn't deliver the premiership, fa cup, carling cup and a european cup in the first season. Luckily we are not like that.....DOH!!!!*

*Actually, our problem is bringing the wrong manager in, in the first place

Taken from a spurs forum:

Before Redknapp left

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/2/8/f_Beforechangm_f6cf105.jpg

Since he took over Tottenham

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/2/8/f_Sincechangem_ec3d69f.jpg

Not sure Dobbin can be blamed for Pompey's current plight....financial difficulty has forced them to tear apart last season's side...even Churchill was selling players in the summer.Still think they in deep doo doo.If they get Grant,maybe even worse doo doo.

Not surprised at all - he has been a disaster since he replaced Redknapp and you can see why ; his whole demeanour gives off negative vibes...also, who knows what problems he still has outside football ?

IF they get a decent replacement - and the fact that they have fired him now indicates that they probably have someone lined up - then they have enough good players to get out of trouble ; their performance against Liverpool was light-years better than ours at SJP and they should really have got something out of it.

Nevertheless, it still won't be an easy escape - all the teams from 12th downwards are still in trouble.

As far as the effect on NUFC is concerned, the matter is still in the club's own hands and they have no-one else to blame if they go down.

Guest quklaani

Grant beating Scolari would be one of the moments of the season for me, preferably if he added in some over the top knee sinking and maybe an up yours gesture in the general direction of the Chelsea fans.

Grant's obviously a pretty decent manager. I wasn't all that impressed with him last season because I thought  "meh, how hard could it be to do well with Chelsea."

This season, Scolari has given me an answer:  pretty fucking hard.

Scolari has just done a terrible job. He's tried to change the mentality tha Mourinho instilled and in the process taken all the determination out of the team. The old Chelsea, you knew they were never dead. However, these days you may as well change your station when they go one down.

Scolari has just done a terrible job. He's tried to change the mentality tha Mourinho instilled and in the process taken all the determination out of the team. The old Chelsea, you knew they were never dead. However, these days you may as well change your station when they go one down.

Well, they should never have gotten rid of the special one in the first place. I mean, seriously. He might just be the best manager in the world.

Well, they should never have gotten rid of the special one in the first place. I mean, seriously. He might just be the best manager in the world.

Certainly one of a minority in pissing Taggart off.

Guest quklaani

I reckon its partly his inability to manage a club side, and partly what fergie said awhile back.  They're just old and don't care.

I reckon its partly his inability to manage a club side, and partly what fergie said awhile back.  They're just old and don't care.

Chelsea's problems started the day Roman bought Shevcenko and gave Ballack that huge contract. Look at the players they signed before: Cech, Essien, Droga, Mikel, Joe Cole, etc. Relatively young and hungry players, whose talent still had room to be developed. Couple that odd change in strategy with this seemingly care free and rather helpless manager, and you get this debacle.

Honestly, quk, your team has incredible luck. United haven't been exceptional this year. It's just that no one else seems to want a PL title. Hopefully next year will be more interesting.

Taken from a spurs forum:

Before Redknapp left

http://table

Since he took over Tottenham

http://table

Kinnear only has 6 pts less than Redknapp, shows how stupid the media's adulation of Redknapp is.  :rolleyes:

Sorry but am I reading the members of this forum right?

"They'll go on a decent run"

Says who sorry? There aren't an abundance of managers available, and they don't have the money to pay for compensation.

The have a bunch of players that aren't that brilliant with 2 centre backs who are making fundamental mistakes, why that is Tony Adams fault I'll never know, how Distin missing a simple interception is his managers fault is beyond me.

They have David Nugent and Peter Crouch too strikers that have never been terribly prolific, and a midfield consisting of a 33 year old Greek international, and Sean Davis. We face them at home too with fingers crossed a lot of our players back. Pack in being such bloody doom mongers, you all thought we'd get stuffed off West Brom, just for you to all revel in the 3 points when we played well and did what I expected us to.

They don't have money for compensation since when.. where did all the money from Muntari and Defoe go?  Also some good managers unattached right now. 

Guest diddimz

Says who sorry? There aren't an abundance of managers available, and they don't have the money to pay for compensation.

The have a bunch of players that aren't that brilliant with 2 centre backs who are making fundamental mistakes, why that is Tony Adams fault I'll never know, how Distin missing a simple interception is his managers fault is beyond me.

They have David Nugent and Peter Crouch too strikers that have never been terribly prolific, and a midfield consisting of a 33 year old Greek international, and Sean Davis. We face them at home too with fingers crossed a lot of our players back. Pack in being such bloody doom mongers, you all thought we'd get stuffed off West Brom, just for you to all revel in the 3 points when we played well and did what I expected us to.

They don't have money for compensation since when.. where did all the money from Muntari and Defoe go?  Also some good managers unattached right now. 

I'm sure i read somewhere that they are massively in debt, or something like that, that money's probably gone towards clearing that.

I'm sure i read somewhere that they are massively in debt, or something like that, that money's probably gone towards clearing that.

curbishley, bothroyd or grant - all free and all will probably keep them up

as has been mentioned hopefully 'boro, west brom, sunderland & stoke stick with their managers and we might scrape up