Tony Adams Sacked

Kimbo

They don't have money for compensation since when.. where did all the money from Muntari and Defoe go?  Also some good managers unattached right now. 

Paying the rest of the player's wages.  Their wage bill was over 90% of their turnover last season, pretty sure that has gone up this season too.

I'm not surprised he has been sacked.  He has done poor and every time I hear him speak I think he sounds like an idiot. Harsh I know, but if I think that then I can only guess that he comes across something similar in the dressing room.

I'll be downright weeping if two weeks down the road, Pompey have appointed Curbishley/Grant and go to Stoke with honeymoon mode on in full force.

While in the mean time we're stuck with Joe Kinnear.

Don't worry, we've got that guy with the cool foreign name lined up :pow:

Josep De La Kinnearinho?

Guest Mucky01

it was in the cards wasnt it, am i the only one or did he seem like a nut?

probably all the alcohol

No you're not - he came across as being a bit unhinged, weird post match interviews. Southgate next....

Mostly those interviews were he seemed to be genuinly high, he couldnt concentrate or sit still even.

I’m not in anyway a psychiatrist or anything but a few weeks ago I said to a mate of mine (who is a psychiatrist) that there’s something wrong with Tony Adams, he’s got delusion of grandeur or something that’s made him a bit loopy.

He laughed and said that’s just what him and other psychiatrists were discussing days previously, they’d noticed a range of psychiatrist symptoms including the strange colour combination of clothes, an obsession with trying to make profound comments and a very unusual body language, etc. He’s since told me that Adams was now the talk of the psychiatrist community and even non football fan psychiatrists were recording MOTD etc to analyse him for a laugh.

I asked “in layman’s terms is he nuts then?” – “yeh, definitely”.

It is a bit of a worry as they may get the new manager honeymoon period. If Middlesbrough sack Southgate they could do the same.  Stoke having Ricardo Fuller injured for the rest of the season may put them in danger. It's too close to call. I'd be surprised if whoever Portsmouth replace Adams with does a worse job at picking up points than him. As has been said, we shouldn't have to rely on other teams and I hope we don't have to. It doesn't hurt our chances of staying up if other teams are awful.

Nobody should be given a premiership club as their first job in management, it's madness.

And as you say Adams is definitely a 'unique' character... there's always something weird about him when he gives interviews.

Wasn't he the manager at Wycombe?

Nobody should be given a premiership club as their first job in management, it's madness.

And as you say Adams is definitely a 'unique' character... there's always something weird about him when he gives interviews.

Wasn't he the manager at Wycombe?

And didn't he loan Steven Taylor?

Very strange man this Adams: "I don't actually like people," the former England captain admitted. "I'm a loner and if I had my way I'd just walk my dogs every day, never talk to anyone and then die."

Yeah that was very odd. I got the feeling when I read that that his time at Portsmouth was limited

Guest Heneage

Very strange man this Adams: "I don't actually like people," the former England captain admitted. "I'm a loner and if I had my way I'd just walk my dogs every day, never talk to anyone and then die."

Yeah that was very odd. I got the feeling when I read that that his time at Portsmouth was limited

But is that not what makes a manager, that self imporatnce, that ability to not seek the approval of others and be totally self sufficient.

But is that not what makes a manager, that self imporatnce, that ability to not seek the approval of others and be totally self sufficient.

It can make a great player though...