Is Arsene Wenger blind?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does he miss all these controversatial decisions?

He doesn't miss them, he's being a good manager and not commenting on controversial things when it could be bad for his side.

On the other hand there's nothing wrong with a bit of honesty from time to time. If a player messes up, just admit to it. I laugh every time he says the immortal line that is "I didn't see it" because you just know that it was coming.

He doesn't miss them, he's being a good manager and not commenting on controversial things when it could be bad for his side.

On the other hand there's nothing wrong with a bit of honesty from time to time. If a player messes up, just admit to it. I laugh every time he says the immortal line that is "I didn't see it" because you just know that it was coming.

So "Yes I saw it, he was a total cunt." is better for morale and publicity than "No, I didn't see it."

A bit of an extreme first example, but you catch my drift.

They're grown men, playing a sport professionally and earning silly money with it. I'm sure they can handle their manager admitting they messed up once or twice, as long as he's not too harsh or strong with his words.

Sometimes other managers just mention something about the ref doing his job, or dealing with it behind the scenes.

No one knows what Wenger says to his players privately, he may tear strips off them in the dressing room just not in front of the cameras. Isnt he just protecting them?

Dalglish was a bit like that and hence was loved by his players.

To be fair, it is possible that he missed the Eboue thing - it was off the ball and wasn't immediately obvious in real time.

It's not a one off thing though is it. He does it all the time.

I agree with the comment above, as long as you word it right, there's no reason why you cant say that he made a mistake, as all players do.

Claiming ignorance every single time makes him look an idiot, although I'm sure he couldn't give a shit as long as he protects his players.

i understand why he says that he didnt see things but he could achieve exactly the same by saying he did see it but he isnt gonna comment on it until he's spoken to the player, then he wouldnt look like a liar/mentalist. it also might go some way to curbing the petulance he's got in his team

I love Arsene Wenger and would be delighted if he even thought about taking the job with us. He's a fantastic manager with a huge amount of integrity, and after all he's JFK's best friend and neighbour  :aww:

What I'd be asking if I was him would be how come Ronaldo TWICE kicked someone after the event and didn''t even get booked a few weeks back? And nothing was done by the FA at all. At that time the ex footballer punditry type Manc lovers were saying "oh well that's football". Now it's the biggest crime in the world.

Heh as always beent he same his entire time at Arsenal, he never ever see's any of his players do any wrong at all. Its embarrassing for him really but I am guessing he won't change his ways for anyone if he looks a fool or not.

Guest The Libertine

he's just a moaning bitch. its also sad to see all the great work he's done this decade very slowly falling apart. saying that, they might win the uefa cup next year.

At the heat of the moment, his player may think that he was completely in the right, and by going straight to the press and giving an opinion it is a way of aggravating/demoralising a player. Keeping it behind closed doors in the sensible way to go about things, and I'd be pleased if our manager did something like that.

Guest guinness_fiend

This.  And he's a prick.

It makes sense to make himself get the negative publicity by saying "i didn't see it" than him saying Eboue a cunt and him and the team getting negative!

There's a difference between acknowledging that your player made a mistake and calling him a cunt though.

No one knows what Wenger says to his players privately, he may tear strips off them in the dressing room just not in front of the cameras. Isnt he just protecting them?

Dalglish was a bit like that and hence was loved by his players.

exactly. And so was Alf Ramsey.

Morale of the story is don't believe everything people say or what papers portray them as saying  ;D

Basic stuff really.