NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shame they've blown this chance to move beyond being a one dimensional protest group. It would have surprised me, but I have to admit if people had have come back saying it was really good and they were doing a load of things that a supporters' club should do, I'd have been happy to hear it. As it is, it seems that my initial feelings will only be reinforced by this, which is a shame. They really need to learn the meaning of hypocrisy though.

What i cannot understand is why didnt all the main players who run  the Fanzines and forums who have the backing of the majority of fans not get together and have a planned group instead of a bunch of ignorant, tunnel visioned bunch of goons.

What i cannot understand is why didnt all the main players who run  the Fanzines and forums who have the backing of the majority of fans not get together and have a planned group instead of a bunch of ignorant, tunnel visioned bunch of goons.

The above is exactly how NUSC came about.

The above is exactly how NUSC came about.

It's just the majority of them have seen the direction NUSC are going in & have since decided to walk away from them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7904698.stm

The caption for the picture is one of the most ironic things that I've ever seen.

That image looks like it's from the post Keegan protests rather than the NUSC rally.

EDIT:  This is Happy Face btw, not LBW

Probably.

Did you go today Happy Face?  Did you think it was a success in getting the message of NUSC across? 

Magpies fans in protest at owner

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45014000/jpg/_45014726_45014712.jpg

Hundreds of football fans packed Newcastle city centre for a protest rally against the club's owners.

Fans signed a petition demanding changes at the top, and called on sports tycoon Mike Ashley to appoint new directors.

Police stood by at the demonstration at Grey's Monument.

Members of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) staged the rally before the team's Premiership clash with Everton on Sunday.

They urged fans to strike a balance between making their grievances heard and supporting the team.

NUSC chairman Malcolm Shiels said: "We have got to try and get the balance right between supporting the team that we love and still letting the management know we are not happy with what they are doing.

"The mood is not good; it is one of deep mistrust; being taken for granted, and being kept in the dark."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/7904698.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7904698.stm

The caption for the picture is one of the most ironic things that I've ever seen.

That image looks like it's from the post Keegan protests rather than the NUSC rally.

EDIT:  This is Happy Face btw, not LBW

I wondered why they were outside the ground, rather than in town. It's still ironic to put a caption saying that people want stability under a picture of people protesting for anything but.

Do you think that if you believe in protesting about one thing, then you should believe in protesting about everything?

looks to be pretty much the same thing to me.

Do you still advocate Belgravia to run the club too BTW ie "anyone but Fred", or has your usual remarkable gift of hindsight kicked in yet  mackems.gif

It was a very simple question that required a very simple answer, and it related directly to the clarification of something that you said.

No surprise, then, that you can't/won't answer it. :lol:

you mean like "whats your criteria for appointing managers" [other than your remarkable gift of hindsight]. Oh, wait a moment, you backed Souness and Allardyce on this very message board didn't you ?

Did you also back a manager who won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the years awards, or do you think he wasn't as well qualified as Souness and Allardyce ?

Fairly simple question this.

back on the thread.........it would appear that Mandiarse agrees with protesting and doesn't agree with protesting  mackems.gif

Do you think that if you believe in protesting about one thing, then you should believe in protesting about everything?

you believe in protesting about how the club is being run, and not protesting about how the club is being run, correct ?

Unless of course, you think Ashley is at least matching his predecessors ?

I can't believe the combined age of the above 2 posters is over 100.

This.  I can't wait until the ignore feature.

your prerogative, but it will be a sad day - for you - when you decide to only read posts by people who agree with you, especially when - as is the case with what I post - factual information backs up the "opinion" you are opposing.

I can't believe the combined age of the above 2 posters is over 100.

This.  I can't wait until the ignore feature.

your prerogative, but it will be a sad day - for you - when you decide to only read posts by people who agree with you, especially when - as is the case with what I post - factual information backs up the "opinion" you are opposing.

He didn't mention whether it was you or Ozzie (or both) he wanted to ignore, no need for the persecution complex!

back on the thread.........it would appear that Mandiarse agrees with protesting and doesn't agree with protesting  mackems.gif

you believe in protesting about how the club is being run, and not protesting about how the club is being run, correct ?

Only a slack-jawed imbecile could possibly believe that if you protest one thing in one circumstance, then you have to protest anything in any circumstance.

Only a slack-jawed imbecile could possibly believe that if you protest one thing in one circumstance, then you have to protest anything in any circumstance.

especially when its for exactly the same thing, right  mackems.gif