NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latest information released by NUSC:

The Rally arranged by the Newcastle United Supporters Club on Sunday is planned to raise NUSC's desire for Newcastle United Supporters to unite together in support of Newcastle United and where it stands in our hearts.

NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the football club both on and off the field. The timetable is as follows

2pm - entertainment by the Newcastle Drum Band

2.30pm speaking opportunity

2.50pm - musical interlude

3.00pm - second speaking opportunity

3.10pm - live music from "Oh Lads"

3.20pm third speaking opportunity

3.30pm musical finale and orderly disperse to St James' Park for what hopefully will be great performance and three well-earned points for the lads come 6pm.

(These times are flexible and may be liable to change)

the "staging" area will be at the south side of the monument facing down towards Grey Street.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere. We hope to have flags and banners on display, and welcome supporters to bring along and display their own flags. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to, to take up membership of NUSC.

Some members have requested that NUSC petition the executives of Newcastle United therefore members will be seeking support for the petition during the course of the rally.

There will be stewards on hand, wearing high visibility jackets who will be there to assist anyone who requires help and a low key but nonetheless obvious police presence will be in the vicinity; as there would be on any normal match day.

NUSC politely request that those attending the rally pay respect to those who wish to go about their normal Sunday shopping experience and allow them to do so with the minimum of distraction. We would also like to emphasise that this is not a protest and no march is planned or sanctioned nor permission requested by NUSC.

realise i'm missing something here but this shit in bold has got to be bollocks right?  sounds like a fuckin tree-hugging hippy festival

:kinnear:

realise i'm missing something here but this s*** in bold has got to be bollocks right?   sounds like a fuckin tree-hugging hippy festival

Surely because of this 

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere.
. Noubt wrong with that. If it was just 4 blokes round a table it would end up like the other petitions and such that hang about monument. By doing this it encourages people over.

realise i'm missing something here but this s*** in bold has got to be bollocks right?   sounds like a fuckin tree-hugging hippy festival

Surely because of this 

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere.
. Noubt wrong with that. If it was just 4 blokes round a table it would end up like the other petitions and such that hang about monument. By doing this it encourages people over.

fair enough, suppose i just bought into it being an anti-ashley kick-off when there's more to it...having said that i'd not go within a mile of the fuckin thing if there were strippers on

So, what exactly are the NUSC looking to gain by this 'gathering' on Sunday?

Raise their awareness?

Get their vision out to people?

Or rally against Ashley?

I genuinely dont understand what their trying to do on Sunday.

"NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the football club both on and off the field. "

clear as, er, yeah...garbage basically isn't it?  i also like the term "speaking opportunity" which suggests they're just gonna let any old radgie get up there and start spouting shite about MA asset stripping the club etc...

Raise their awareness?

Or rally against Ashley?

"NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the football club both on and off the field. "

clear as, er, yeah...garbage basically isn't it?  i also like the term "speaking opportunity" which suggests they're just gonna let any old radgie get up there and start spouting s**** about MA asset stripping the club etc...

Agreed. I can imagine it getting very tedious very quickly.

You'd think for an organization like them their first point in any advertisement would be to get their aims and objectives across.

Raise their awareness?

Or rally against Ashley?

clear as, er, yeah...garbage basically isn't it?  i also like the term "speaking opportunity" which suggests they're just gonna let any old radgie get up there and start spouting s**** about MA asset stripping the club etc...

You'd think for an organization like them their first point in any advertisement would be to get their aims and objectives across.

totally

can't agree with the tedious bit though, the mental image i have of this event now could be the funniest thing ever seen! 

like a cross between the mob out of life of brian and a concert by mungo jerry!!  :lol:

Ah, they took my point on board about a petition.. :)

Well that is a lot better than I expected, drumming up more support and doing it the right way. Obviously there will be a lot of Anti-Ashley rhetoric but if they want a voice they must do this type of thing properly.

As for all the positive supporters (read above posts-) we have commenting on here, this is the correct way to do a supporters club. Ask for opinion and do things in a formal manner.

My opinion: I like it, they are getting up off their arsses and doing something about a situation they don't like...Brilliant!!

Raise their awareness?

Or rally against Ashley?

totally

can't agree with the tedious bit though, the mental image i have of this event now could be the funniest thing ever seen! 

like a cross between the mob out of life of brian and a concert by mungo jerry!!  :lol:

:lol:

Raise their awareness?

Or rally against Ashley?

Join the club.

how much ?

Raise their awareness?

Or rally against Ashley?

Join the club.

how much ?

Beat me to it !!

Some day Ashley will decide to sell up or splash the cash in the transfer market but either way you know NUSC are going to take full credit for it. 

Guest Micktoon

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/events.php

The Rally arranged by NUSC on Sunday is planned to raise NUSC's desire for Newcastle United Supporters to unite together in support of Newcastle United and where it stands in our hearts. NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the Club both on and off the field.

The timetable is as follows

+2pm - entertainment by the Newcastle Drum Band

3.30pm musical finale and orderly disperse to St James' Park for what hopefully will be 3 well earned points come 6pm.

(these times are flexible and may be liable to change)

the "staging" area will be at the south side of the monument facing down towards Grey St.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere. We hope to have flags and banners on display and we welcome supporters to bring along and display their own flags. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to, to take up membership of NUSC.

Some members have requested that NUSC petition the executives of Newcastle United therefore members will be seeking support for the petition during the course of the rally.

There will be stewards on hand, wearing hi visibility jackets who will be there to assist anyone who requires help and a low key but nonetheless obvious police presence will be in the vicinity; as there would be on any normal match day.

NUSC politely request that those attending the rally pay respect to those who wish to go about their normal sunday shopping experience and allow them to do so with the minimum of distraction. We would also like to emphasise that this is not a protest and no march is planned or sanctioned nor permission requested by NUSC.

They have got to be taking the piss.

Muscical fucking interlude, bugger me with something large and barbed.

they may not have got permission if they had openly announced it was a protest rally, but they are now trying too hard.

Lets face it, we know its a protest

The Rally arranged by NUSC on Sunday is planned to raise NUSC's desire for Newcastle United Supporters to unite together in support of Newcastle United and where it stands in our hearts. NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the Club both on and off the field.

3.30pm musical finale and orderly disperse to St James' Park for what hopefully will be 3 well earned points come 6pm.

the "staging" area will be at the south side of the monument facing down towards Grey St.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere. We hope to have flags and banners on display and we welcome supporters to bring along and display their own flags. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to, to take up membership of NUSC.

There will be stewards on hand, wearing hi visibility jackets who will be there to assist anyone who requires help and a low key but nonetheless obvious police presence will be in the vicinity; as there would be on any normal match day.

NUSC politely request that those attending the rally pay respect to those who wish to go about their normal sunday shopping experience and allow them to do so with the minimum of distraction. We would also like to emphasise that this is not a protest and no march is planned or sanctioned nor permission requested by NUSC.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, after reading that pukey drivvel  I think I preferred it when they just hurled insults and sang "sack the board"

Are we going to have a "join hands for Keegan" moment ?

Can't believe I'm saying this but, after reading that pukey drivvel  I think I preferred it when they just hurled insults and sang "sack the board"

Are we going to have a "join hands for Keegan" moment ?

That would certainly enhance the protest experience.