NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

back on the thread.........it would appear that Mandiarse agrees with protesting and doesn't agree with protesting  mackems.gif

Do you think that if you believe in protesting about one thing, then you should believe in protesting about everything?

you believe in protesting about how the club is being run, and not protesting about how the club is being run, correct ?

Unless of course, you think Ashley is at least matching his predecessors ?

Only a slack-jawed imbecile could possibly believe that if you protest one thing in one circumstance, then you have to protest anything in any circumstance.

especially when its for exactly the same thing, right  mackems.gif

That's like saying if you protest for Allardyce to be sacked you should have protested for Keegan to be sacked if you find yourself in a worse position like we were for a while under Keegan towards the end of last season.

back on the thread.........it would appear that Mandiarse agrees with protesting and doesn't agree with protesting  mackems.gif

Do you think that if you believe in protesting about one thing, then you should believe in protesting about everything?

you believe in protesting about how the club is being run, and not protesting about how the club is being run, correct ?

Only a slack-jawed imbecile could possibly believe that if you protest one thing in one circumstance, then you have to protest anything in any circumstance.

That's like saying if you protest for Allardyce to be sacked you should have protested for Keegan to be sacked if you find yourself in a worse position like we were for a while under Keegan towards the end of last season.

its like saying, you were unhappy with the club under people who had proved their ambition and delivered results and european qualifications, and you were then happy with no prospects whatsoever in future of getting anywhere near it. The principle is exactly the same, he ridiculed a protest then supported one, and the reason is down to personalities.

its like saying, you were unhappy with the club under people who had proved their ambition and delivered results and european qualifications, and you were then happy with no prospects whatsoever in future of getting anywhere near it. The principle is exactly the same, he ridiculed a protest then supported one, and the reason is down to personalities.

But obviously if you disagree with the current protests then that's not your opinion... I don't get it.

But obviously if you disagree with the current protests then that's not your opinion... I don't get it.

no, you don't get it.

I would protest against Ashley because he is the wrong man for the club, clueless and showing it all the time.

On the other hand, if we were showing ambition, backing our managers, and showing a clear intent to keep our best players and compete with the other top clubs seeking to qualify regularly for europe, I'd be supporting him all the way.

no, you don't get it.

I would protest against Ashley because he is the wrong man for the club, clueless and showing it all the time.

On the other hand, if we were showing ambition, backing our managers, and showing a clear intent to keep our best players and compete with the other top clubs seeking to qualify regularly for europe, I'd be supporting him all the way.

Right, that's fine but it's only your opinion.

What are you criticising OzzieMandias for then? If he doesn't think the same about the two boards then why should he be expected to protest?

no, you don't get it.

What are you criticising OzzieMandias for then? If he doesn't think the same about the two boards then why should he be expected to protest?

Well, he has been asked his opinion, with any factual information to back it up, but like many other instances, hasn't replied.

If anyone wants to tell me Ashley is doing better than the previous regime - and therefore immune to protest - then back it up with league positions and anything in their current policy which suggests after 2 years that such improvement is in sight somewhere.

I'd be interested to know what exactly you disagree with in my last paragraph in that post mind.

OK, if you insist on playing the imbecile, then by your own "logic" you're a prize hypocrite for protesting about Ashley but not protesting against Shepherd.

OK, if you insist on playing the imbecile, then by your own "logic" you're a prize hypocrite for protesting about Ashley but not protesting against Shepherd.

You've just proven my point perfectly.

no, you don't get it.

Well, he has been asked his opinion, with any factual information to back it up, but like many other instances, hasn't replied.

If anyone wants to tell me Ashley is doing better than the previous regime - and therefore immune to protest - then back it up with league positions and anything in their current policy which suggests after 2 years that such improvement is in sight somewhere.

I'd be interested to know what exactly you disagree with in my last paragraph in that post mind.

That argument is a bit harsh and one dimensional. It's a bit like blaming someone for not pushing a boulder to the top of a hill when the boulder hit them on the way down with great momentum. First of all you have to slow it down, then stop it and then start pushing it back up.

Granted Ashley and Co made mistakes, appointing Keegan and the outfall of the subsequent (and predictable) walkout has set things back considerably, but WHO do you think would be better placed right now to take over from Ashley and start pushing us up that hill again ?

It's your imbecilic argument, not mine.

well, its pretty straightforward. As you slated Shepherd and stated you were in favour of protesting against him and the Halls ie the people who owned and ran the club, why exactly do you think the same re protesting against Ashley is "stupid", unless you are happy with the job he is doing, which by defnition should be - in your opinion - better ?

Couldn't get more straightforward than that. I don't expect an answer though, as usual.

no, you don't get it.

That argument is a bit harsh and one dimensional. It's a bit like blaming someone for not pushing a boulder to the top of a hill when the boulder hit them on the way down with great momentum. First of all you have to slow it down, then stop it and then start pushing it back up.

Granted Ashley and Co made mistakes, appointing Keegan and the outfall of the subsequent (and predictable) walkout has set things back considerably, but WHO do you think would be better placed right now to take over from Ashley and start pushing us up that hill again ?

why is it harsh and one dimensional. You aren't happy and can't see it improving, and can only see it getting very much worse. What else is needed ?

I don't agree with your analogy either, I think the Halls and Shepherd would have pushed the club forward again, because they backed their managers.

no, you don't get it.

why is it harsh and one dimensional. You aren't happy and can't see it improving, and can only see it getting very much worse. What else is needed ?

I don't agree with your analogy either, I think the Halls and Shepherd would have pushed the club forward again, because they backed their managers.

Fine. But like it or not they're history.

Ashley is the present (and future ?) so if not him WHO would you like in charge of the club to take it forward ?

I think the Halls and Shepherd would have pushed the club forward again, because they backed their managers.

How would they have done it? By borrowing more money? From who? We had already spent the sponsorship money, and Northern Rock itself was no longer in a position to help.  We were in debt, losing money and their appointment Allardyce was not taking the club forward. There was no money left to back the managers with. So how would they have done it?

Anyway, I agree with the above comment they are history, and there is no point to keep going over the past. But they were given a lot longer to get it right, and in the latter part definately did not.

no, you don't get it.

Fine. But like it or not they're history.

Ashley is the present (and future ?) so if not him WHO would you like in charge of the club to take it forward ?

Who ? How do I know. Do you know who is running to take charge of a football club ?

We could still do worse than Ashley, but he's the wrong man for us and should have bought a smaller club with lower expectations, however you need someone who will back their managers and show their ambition when you have one of the biggest clubs.

The old regime may be history, but hopefully lessons will have been learned, and if we get someone with ambition then people will appreciate them even if they are "odious" or "embarrassing". Only a complete idiot would say they wanted rid of somebody to be replaced "by anybody", or a hedge fund for instance.

I think the Halls and Shepherd would have pushed the club forward again, because they backed their managers.

How would they have done it? By borrowing more money? From who? We had already spent the sponsorship money, and Northern Rock itself was no longer in a position to help.  We were in debt, losing money and their appointment Allardyce was not taking the club forward. There was no money left to back the managers with. So how would they have done it?

Don't confuse him with too much reality.

Buying a  business you cant afford to run well,....Bad.

Protesting against someone doing the above ....Good.

Protesting without any idea of what might constitute a favourable outcome, in a situation where the owner has already tried to sell and found it impossible .... Moronic.

Protesting without any idea of what might constitute a favourable outcome, in a situation where the owner has already tried to sell and found it impossible .... Moronic.

no sensible reply ? How surprising.

He didn't get what he wanted, do YOU know what he was asking ?

This will probably be another non reply.

You are happy with Ashley then, as you think a protest is "stupid".

“We are responsible for the effort, not the outcome”

“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”

“When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”

“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.”

“Strength is Happiness. Strength is itself victory. In weakness and cowardice there is no happiness. When you wage a struggle, you might win or you might lose. But regardless of the short-term outcome, the very fact of your continuing to struggle is proof of your victory as a human being.”

“Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance”

“I can honestly say that I was never affected by the question of the success of an undertaking. If I felt it was the right thing to do, I was for it regardless of the possible outcome.”

“In terms of the game theory, we might say the universe is so constituted as to maximize play. The best games are not those in which all goes smoothly and steadily toward a certain conclusion, but those in which the outcome is always in doubt.”

Please tell me that quote is not meant to make NUSC look good ? Makes them a total joke.

Please tell me that quote is not meant to make NUSC look good ? Makes them a total joke.

It's nowt to do with NUSC.  They kept reiterating it wasn't a protest.

We are responsible for the effort, not the outcome

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck.

It doesn't matter what it is quacking

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck.

It doesn't matter what it is quacking

But it didn't look like a duck or walk like a duck at all.

?We are responsible for the effort, not the outcome?

Yeah, we've already established that they are liars and hypocrites.