BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

I wouldn't class myself as one of their supporters, otherwise I'd be a member.

I just don't see the need for such venomous criticism from fellow fans, especially when they have no intention of making any effort to contribute.

I just don't see the need for such venomous criticism from fellow fans, especially when they have no intention of making any effort to contribute.

I went along today and listened and heard nothing I agreed with.

Seeing as you haven't answered, all they've achieved today is to further alienate more of the people they claim to want to represent.

Out of interest, what else do you think the average fan on the street could do?

We've been through this; I think they should go to the meetings and speak up. I can't be arsed arguing about it again.

It seems like there are differing opinions on what the general tone was today; from what you've said and the pictures you've posted it appears they're still going with this Ashley/Wise out thing, which I agree isn't going to help anything at this stage. As I've posted Peasepud feels differently on the rally. I still see an organisations representing the views of the majority of their members though.

We've been through this; I think they should go to the meetings and speak up. I can't be arsed arguing about it again.

It seems like there are differing opinions on what the general tone was today; from what you've said and the pictures you've posted it appears they're still going with this Ashley/Wise out thing, which I agree isn't going to help anything at this stage. As I've posted Peasepud feels differently on the rally. I still see an organisations representing the views of the majority of their members though.

Fair enough. Today only strengthened my view that people going to the meetings won't be listened to unless they conform to the "committee line"

People I've spoken to who went to the open meeting said they left with the feeling that people were allowed to speak as a token gesture but then completely ignored when it came to formulating some sort of strategy or objective for NUSC. 

The problem is (the way I see it anyway) that NUSC was set up off the back of protest to get Ashley out. The majority of members signed up for the same reason so anyone going along to these meetings who voices there concerns probably won't be listened to. Its easy to say "if you don't like it stand up and say" when you are in the majority.

NUSC is a good idea, shame it wasn't set up when everyone loved the owner who sat with the fans and downed pints then it may not have seemed so single agenda driven.

The problem is (the way I see it anyway) that NUSC was set up off the back of protest to get Ashley out. The majority of members signed up for the same reason so anyone going along to these meetings who voices there concerns probably won't be listened to. Its easy to say "if you don't like it stand up and say" when you are in the majority.

NUSC is a good idea, shame it wasn't set up when everyone loved the owner who sat with the fans and downed pints then it may not have seemed so single agenda driven.

:thup:

The idea someone would have got the opportunity to speak against that bloke today is daft.

:thup:

The idea someone would have got the opportunity to speak against that bloke today is daft.

That's exactly how I feel. The formation of the group being founded on the idea of 'Ashley Out' has resulted in NUSC being seen as only interested in taking on one issue. I know there has likely been work on tackling other issues, such as the stewarding concerns, but that sort of news needs more exposure. I still think there is great potential for NUSC but to reach that potential it would require a change of public image. I think that if more people felt that NUSC weren't just an anti-Ashley/Wise protest group then there would be a greater interest in the group.

I am uncomfortable with Wise's role as it seems.

Youth players? Brillaint, nothing wrong with that, good stuff & a refreshing change on trying to get the youth side right.

Recruiting players for the first team? First of all, if that is what he does do, or has input in that side anyway, why didnt Derek Llambias club confirm this in his Q & A?

Talking about players we have signed - a lot have been good yes, but we have also went into the season short on players & threadbare in some positions. This means the 'recruitment' has not exactly been a big success!

And finally, I personally do not like the idea of a DOF having input & say about 1st team recruitment with the manager because a) I think there would always inevietable disagreements between DOF & manager and b) The manager lives & die's on results, he should have total control on the tools he chooses to have to gain those results - he gets sacked, the DOF dosent.

But questions need to be asked for more details/confirmation on Dennis Wise's influence at the club, rather than straight 'Ashley/Wise Out' banners.

Seeing as you haven't answered, all they've achieved today is to further alienate more of the people they claim to want to represent.

I honestly just can't see how you can say this.

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

I'm not really sure what you mean or what you're saying.

I think you're a decent bloke and undoubtedly a passionate Newcastle fan, but like some other NUSC supporters I think that your anti-Ashley obsession has become so irrational that you will be disappointed if we DON'T get relegated - as you think that will vindicate your opinion.

That is really sad.

now mate. NOBODY, NOBODY who supports the football club wants them to get relegated. Do you seriously think that having paid up front for 3 seasons I want to see the club get relegated again ?

THAT is very, very sad indeed, from someone as old as yourself who has seen this club through some really s*** times and don't want them back again, and no the club isn't that bad - yet.

I see you are now labelling anybody who wants Ashley out as "obsessed"............

Can I ask, and it's a serious question which you may have answered in some other post, I don't know i don't read all your posts, but will you continue to go if we do get relegated ?

you haven't been on here for a while have you ? The current situation is  not as bad as they years before the Halls and Shepherd - yet, and I was one of the 15-20,000 then so I'm not giving up now.

Pretty much a no brainer sort of question that one, but I'm prepared to bet that a few others who blindly support Ashley and slated the Halls and Shepherd will give up when true mediocrity that they didn't know the like of, hits them

So yes you will go. Thank you that's all I wanted to know. And I've been on here most days, just don't always post or read every post.

Seeing as I am clearly one of possibly a handful of people at the most who actually tell the 1970's and 1980's as it is, proving I went when things when the situation was pretty dreadful, it was a bit of a pointless question anyway.

Guest Slippery Sam

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

I think you're a decent bloke and undoubtedly a passionate Newcastle fan, but like some other NUSC supporters I think that your anti-Ashley obsession has become so irrational that you will be disappointed if we DON'T get relegated - as you think that will vindicate your opinion.

That is really sad.

now mate. NOBODY, NOBODY who supports the football club wants them to get relegated. Do you seriously think that having paid up front for 3 seasons I want to see the club get relegated again ?

THAT is very, very sad indeed, from someone as old as yourself who has seen this club through some really s*** times and don't want them back again, and no the club isn't that bad - yet.

I see you are now labelling anybody who wants Ashley out as "obsessed"............

Can I ask, and it's a serious question which you may have answered in some other post, I don't know i don't read all your posts, but will you continue to go if we do get relegated ?

you haven't been on here for a while have you ? The current situation is  not as bad as they years before the Halls and Shepherd - yet, and I was one of the 15-20,000 then so I'm not giving up now.

Pretty much a no brainer sort of question that one, but I'm prepared to bet that a few others who blindly support Ashley and slated the Halls and Shepherd will give up when true mediocrity that they didn't know the like of, hits them

So yes you will go. Thank you that's all I wanted to know. And I've been on here most days, just don't always post or read every post.

Seeing as I am clearly one of possibly a handful of people at the most who actually tell the 1970's and 1980's as it is, proving I went when things when the situation was pretty dreadful, it was a bit of a pointless question anyway.

I started going in the mid seventies and have continued to do so ever since. I, too, will continue to go, whatever division we are in.

I would guess that the vast majority of the NUSC have been at the heart of supporting Newcastle United for a very long time and the slagging they get from some Johnny-come-latelys for attempting to put right something they see as wrong is just mind-boggling.

If we do get relegated, I have a feeling the vast majority of NUSC will still go to the games regardless of the crap NUFC will be in, and regardless of the fact they will have seen it all before. I wonder who will be most likely to 'disappear' from attending? I have my suspicions.

Did you go along to the rally like?

What did you hear there that you think will contribute to improving the situation?

Well yet again, NUSC have an opportunity to do something good & completely f*** it up.

Today's protest (it was a protest, not a rally) comprised 20 seconds of wishing Kinnear well, 20 seconds of wishing Bobby all the best, then 15 minutes of confirming that they are a single mission "Ashley out" pressure group.

"He's more interested in the amount of pies he sells than the opinions of supporters"

"He's appointed the odious Dennis Wise who has no affiliation with the region"

"He's stolen your 2 & 1/2 percent from the VAT on the season tickets. That's your money & he's stolen it"

"It's obvious to us that Mr Ashley biught the club to make a quick profit"

"You've bought into the geordie dream Mr Ashley, now ignore us at your peril"

Then the same old s**** after slagging him off for fifteen minutes "we want communication Mr Ashley, talk to NUSC".  Let's be honest, after that, why the f*** should he?

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9052/dscn6063.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4413/dscn6062.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8891/dscn6072.jpg

The biggest indicator of the support for NUSC was in the number of people walking away as the talk was going on.  I'd be being conservative if I said the numbers watching had dropped by two thirds between about 2.40pm & 3.10pm.

I have lost any respect (not much) I had for NUSC after that statement.  Why would anyone buy a football club to make a profit, its almost impossible,  to make a profit he'd have to rebuild the side over a period of 5 years will small investment and a quality manager who can work on a budget like  Moyes.  They really confuse me sometimes and I also thought this was to drum up support and wasn't an Ashley out protest, yet we still see retarded banners in the background.  If they conducted themselves in a professional way they may have achance but in essence they are just a rabble without any direction or plan other than repeatdly telling Ashley to piss of when its obvious he cannot.

Guest Brummiemag

That is really sad.

I started going in the mid seventies and have continued to do so ever since. I, too, will continue to go, whatever division we are in.

I would guess that the vast majority of the NUSC have been at the heart of supporting Newcastle United for a very long time and the slagging they get from some Johnny-come-latelys for attempting to put right something they see as wrong is just mind-boggling.

If we do get relegated, I have a feeling the vast majority of NUSC will still go to the games regardless of the crap NUFC will be in, and regardless of the fact they will have seen it all before. I wonder who will be most likely to 'disappear' from attending? I have my suspicions.

Spot on.  Ive also been going to games since the 70's and will continue whatever division we end up in and Im sure most NUSC members will do the same. 

What did you hear there that you think will contribute to improving the situation?

yes I was at the rally.

They are limited in respect of what they can do about it , all they can do is make known to ashley that he isn't wanted by them * as supporters of the club.

* whose numbers will continue to grow while Ashley and his cahoots continue their chosen path as it stands.

yes I was at the rally.

They are limited in respect of what they can do about it , all they can do is make known to ashley that he isn't wanted by them * as supporters of the club.

* whose numbers will continue to grow while Ashley and his cahoots continue their chosen path as it stands.

Aye but they were insistent that that wasn't the theme for the rally. ???

It is NOT an 'Ashley Out!' rally.

yes I was at the rally.

I would be inclined to think if they had came out and said this, permission to hold it would not have been given. However, its a supporters club, not saying anybody deliberately lied but its only natural that they deal with current issues, the same as we are doing on message boards, the same as phone ins, the same as the press, the same as anything ?

Did anybody expect them to pay tribute to Mike Ashley ?

Not being funny like .

yes I was at the rally.

I would be inclined to think if they had came out and said this, permission to hold it would not have been given. However, its a supporters club, not saying anybody deliberately lied but its only natural that they deal with current issues, the same as we are doing on message boards, the same as phone ins, the same as the press, the same as anything ?

Not being funny like .

They specifically said it wouldn't be what it turned out to be though. :dontknow:

I agree that they might have struggled to get the go-ahead for it based on what actually went on, but then why do you think that is?

Do you think that means the police think they should be paying tribute to Ashley?

yes I was at the rally.

Not being funny like .

They specifically said it wouldn't be what it turned out to be though. :dontknow:

I agree that they might have struggled to get the go-ahead for it based on what actually went on, but then why do you think that is?

Do you think that means the police think they should be paying tribute to Ashley?

howay man, you don't think if they said it was going to be a "protest" the police would have gave permission for a potential mob of pissed up football fans parading through the city centre ?

yes I was at the rally.

Not being funny like .

It's true that if they'd said it was going to be a protest they might have had issues with the police, but they definitely did deliberately lie because, like I said somewhere back in this (or the other) thread, they basically said it was going to be a protest at the meeting.

There's two points arising from that:

One: How is it going to impact on their future dealings with the police, now that they know that NUSC have tried to take them for mugs, are the fuzz going to believe them the next time they want to do something like this? It's hardly a good way to go about building a relationship between NUSC and an agency that they'll have to have dealings with in the future and one that has a huge amount of power over them and can basically prevent them from doing almost anything they might want to do if they piss them off. This provides yet more evidence to back up an argument I've made a number of times previously; that NUSC don't think through their actions and therefore are doing a bad job of supporting their members' interests.

Two: It provides yet another example of NUSC's hypocrisy. We can now add; lying about their true intentions, to; poor communication, not being interested in hearing opposing views, putting their own agenda ahead of the good of the club, taking money from the fans for very little return, and so-on. Almost everything they've accused Ashley and the club of doing they've done too. Surely if you're going to base the whole reason for your existence upon criticism of someone else then you've got to make damn sure you don't then do the exact same things?