United to combat season ticket fears

ToonTastic

MA wants to be debt free asap and pay for transfers in advance. Whaaaaat??!!

he wants to be debt free for the savings not paying the interest will make. paying up front just means you are more likely to live within your means.

He wants to be debt free cause HE STILL WANTS TO SELL THE CLUB. NO OTHER REASON.

well there's a newsflash.

and in the meantime being debt free lowers the running costs.

Being debt free means being unable to compete.

as does failing on your gamble to get success by borrowing.

you're not very good at this WUMming are you ?

You'd need to ask the top 6-8 clubs about that.

he wants to be debt free for the savings not paying the interest will make. paying up front just means you are more likely to live within your means.

He wants to be debt free cause HE STILL WANTS TO SELL THE CLUB. NO OTHER REASON.

most operate at a profit which makes it easier to finance debt,those that aren't backed by a sugar daddy that is.

(fuck it if we are having to go through where i was with NE5 3 month a go)

most operate at a profit which makes it easier to finance debt,those that aren't backed by a sugar daddy that is.

(fuck it if we are having to go through where i was with NE5 3 month a go)

Actually only 8 clubs in the PL make an operating profit.

If you want to compete you have to borrow or stagger payment (the norm).

If you want to be debt free get involved in chess club.

(f*** it if we are having to go through where i was with NE5 3 month a go)

which of those other clubs had as much debt as we did ? and how are they treating those finances now ?

which of those other clubs had as much debt as we did ? and how are they treating those finances now ?

I thought you knew what you were talking about?

still not very good at this WUMmery are you ?

You don't then.

You don't then.

NE5 lite isn't going to answer my earlier question then about the debts of others.

You don't then.

NE5 lite isn't going to answer my earlier question then about the debts of others.

The PL as a whole is 3 billion in debt (BBC/Times).

Now move away, nothing for you here.

Guest toonlass

Remember last year when they were saying the same things?

When they invited all the box holders and grovelled to them to renew with the promise of big signings and entertaining football?

:lol:

At least we had Keegan then ffs.

When are the mugs on this board going to wake up?

I'm trying to find a post in this thread which connects to yours.

EDIT - you mean the NUFC board?

It was a response to the original post.

I mean the people on this forum who still think we need to relax and give Ashley time to fix the problems at the club.

So my first point stands then.

Absolutley.  You'll get no disagreement from me that Ashley and Shepherd are as ugly as each other.

Fuck that for a box of pennies, I'd nosh down on Ashley's cock WAY before Freddy's.

Why is that?  Serious question.

Is the politics/finances of the club more important to you than what happens on the field.

Freddy and John might have fattened the golden goose to feed themselves, but Mike is just letting the Goose waste away.

At least we as fans got something from the previous regime.

Are you saying you'd prefer bottom half mediocrity, balanced books and an owner who only takes back what he puts in over European football, debts comparable with other clubs and an owner creaming off some of the profits?

Cutting off your nose to spite your face if you ask me.

... I just think Ashley probably washes better. The last thing you want is muck under the hood.

(Slash... I think Freddy managed us horribly irresponsibly and had we continued on under his control, we would have become Leeds 2 in a matter of years. So while the politics/finance aren't directly more important to me, they will inevitably affect the results on the field. As shit as we are now, we're not languishing in League One with Leeds and there is little chance of that happening in reality).

rubbish, and you have it the wrong way round. Its results on the field that bring in revenue.

Oh hurray! NE5's here. Another topic well and truly derailed!

how is that derailing the thread ? You're obsessed. You need to go to the pub or something.

;D

Would rather not to be honest. Sitting in pubs at any time other than a match day seems rather sad to me, especially if its a regular thing.

well, at the risk of derailing the thread, I hope you enjoy Coronation Street or whatever shite you watch on the TV

Wrong again old man . Don't watch any of the soaps. They're crap. Infact I don't watch much telly at all. Its all mindnumbing dross.

oh dear.

You got a problem with the truth like? You seem to have no problems calling other people silly names. What's the problem with me pointing out that you are nearly pension age?

whats the problem with me pointing out that even though you have said you are in your 30's at least, you don't know any more about the club than a 14 year old ?

one of the fundamental problems with our society imo, the assumption that age/experience automatically = wisdom

i've met people at the game who travelled to every match for 20+ years home & away, travelling across europe on trains 'cause they're scared of flying etc...

think as pigshit for the most part, couldn't offer you an insight into their own lives let alone something as complicated as a top-tier professional football club

change the terminology to "perception of how the club was pre-1992" then mate. Point taken, I don't think toonlass is "thick", "misguided" is better.

I beg your pardon? Heavy night down the pub last night eh NE5?

no. Do you ever go to work ? Do you spend your life on here ?

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was busying working. Do you not work, because you are here more than most, despite hiding your online status? Don't get snidy with me NE5, I am an expert at being a snidy cow!

Guest toonlass

Anyway, back to the subject, if Mike Ashley were to introduce a good scheme to make the season tickets more reasonable I wouldn't be adverse to that. We should be concentrating on what Sir John Hall said many, many moons ago with a "price for every pocket" and actually mean that. Allow dads (and mams) to bring their young uns to a football match, allow people who love football but haven't got the £350 upfront to be able to see the games. The direct debit scheme is a great idea, but unless I am mistaken its just available to existing season ticket holders. We need to ensure that we are getting people through the doors, and that is not down to the football. We have had plenty of cup matches in the past couple of years where the ground has been half full, and they need to ensure that they are getting families into the ground (and the existing season ticket holders~lots of who don't bother coming as its an extra £20-£30 quid each).

They have shown precisely nothing so far that will make those previously thinking about not renewing (for a variety of reasons) change their mind.

Presumably the seats and coffers will be filled by the many on here who are more than willing to give them chance after chance. :thup:

Season ticket holders should have free take up on cup games IMO - would make owning a ST more attractive. Have to say a week in advance you want to take it up and if not goes on general sale.

Be a nightmare to admin like

no WUM about it when what he says is right.

When they invited all the box holders and grovelled to them to renew with the promise of big signings and entertaining football?

I mean the people on this forum who still think we need to relax and give Ashley time to fix the problems at the club.

Absolutley.  You'll get no disagreement from me that Ashley and Shepherd are as ugly as each other.

Fuck that for a box of pennies, I'd nosh down on Ashley's cock WAY before Freddy's.

Is the politics/finances of the club more important to you than what happens on the field.

Freddy and John might have fattened the golden goose to feed themselves, but Mike is just letting the Goose waste away.

Are you saying you'd prefer bottom half mediocrity, balanced books and an owner who only takes back what he puts in over European football, debts comparable with other clubs and an owner creaming off some of the profits?

... I just think Ashley probably washes better. The last thing you want is muck under the hood.

(Slash... I think Freddy managed us horribly irresponsibly and had we continued on under his control, we would have become Leeds 2 in a matter of years. So while the politics/finance aren't directly more important to me, they will inevitably affect the results on the field. As shit as we are now, we're not languishing in League One with Leeds and there is little chance of that happening in reality).

rubbish, and you have it the wrong way round. Its results on the field that bring in revenue.

how is that derailing the thread ? You're obsessed. You need to go to the pub or something.

;D

Would rather not to be honest. Sitting in pubs at any time other than a match day seems rather sad to me, especially if its a regular thing.

well, at the risk of derailing the thread, I hope you enjoy Coronation Street or whatever shite you watch on the TV

Wrong again old man . Don't watch any of the soaps. They're crap. Infact I don't watch much telly at all. Its all mindnumbing dross.

oh dear.

You got a problem with the truth like? You seem to have no problems calling other people silly names. What's the problem with me pointing out that you are nearly pension age?

whats the problem with me pointing out that even though you have said you are in your 30's at least, you don't know any more about the club than a 14 year old ?

one of the fundamental problems with our society imo, the assumption that age/experience automatically = wisdom

i've met people at the game who travelled to every match for 20+ years home & away, travelling across europe on trains 'cause they're scared of flying etc...

think as pigshit for the most part, couldn't offer you an insight into their own lives let alone something as complicated as a top-tier professional football club

change the terminology to "perception of how the club was pre-1992" then mate. Point taken, I don't think toonlass is "thick", "misguided" is better.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was busying working. Do you not work, because you are here more than most, despite hiding your online status? Don't get snidy with me NE5, I am an expert at being a snidy cow!

you seem to be here around the clock.

Snidy ? Not a chance. I asked you a question as you asked me.

I've worked all my life other than a short spell on the dole when I was about 22, and intend to continue until I'm 70 at least, health permitting.

It helps me to fund going to the pub  bluelaugh.gif

so tell me about these other clubs who have debts similar to our own,making losses and still chasing the dream ? (not too long a go you were using pompey as an example of ambition)

so tell me about these other clubs who have debts similar to our own,making losses and still chasing the dream ? (not too long a go you were using pompey as an example of ambition)

I've never said pompey were an ambitious/big club.

i never said they were big either, but you did say
Do you think that Portsmouth wish they hadn't won the FA Cup now the depth of their debts has been revealed ?
which to me seems to support the idea of running up their type debt for fleeting success,no sustainability or longer term plan .

Do you think that Portsmouth wish they hadn't won the FA Cup now the depth of their debts has been revealed ?
which to me seems to support the idea of running up their type debt for fleeting success,no sustainability or longer term plan .

if only those pompey fans knew what the tragedy of winning the FA Cup was doing to the club. They must yearn for the old days when they were solvent in the 4th division instead.

Question for Happy Face.

Do you think Gordon Brown did a good job when he was in charge of the economy?

Spend, Spend, Spend, Borrow, Spend, Borrow, Spend, Borrow, Spend (etc etc).

Now the s*** has hit the fan due a lack of foundation to the spending and we have to take a hit in terms of spending for a while. Its not pretty but we will come out of the other end in a better long term position than we went into it.

Ring any bells closer to St James Park?

No, I don't think Brown did a good job.

I don't think Shepherd did either.

Nor do I think frugality is the way to save the economy.

We need to spend our way out of it.

Now you see fundamnetally I agree that in both the economy and for the Toon that spending is needed for the long term good of both.

However my view (again on both points) is that money should be directed at rebuilding infrastructure, be that roads, schools, hospitals, communications or the academy, buying younger players with room to develop and training facilities.

Of course some money needs to be spent on the here and now, money in the pocket of the man on the street (interest rate cuts, VAT cuts (wrong move but its happened so I can include it..), or investment in the first team. If you can balance out the cost of improving the here and now with proceeds from clearing out the dross then its all good.

I've said it before, but with the exception of Given we've replaced every player who has left the club with one of better quality or of a similar standard but at lower cost. That. Is. Good. Business. It could even be argued that we didn't need to replace Given directly anyway.

The summer is pivotal, we're running out of dross with any sort of resale value and desperately need to improve the centre of midfield and in all likelyhood replace Owen. A Left Back would be nice to push Enrique on, unless one of the reserve players is ready to step up to provide this.

the more he leaves it, the longer it costs to get back. It's just more proof in my eyes that he hasn't got a clue, or doesn't have the desire. I don't accept that rebuilding means creating a situation whereby your best and most important players want to leave the club for career reasons and ambition, this tells you pretty much everything.

Re: my signature. And daresay, imo the disharmony exists beyond those who have departed already - ie. Given, N'Zogbia - and another whose departure is imminent  ie. Owen.

if only those pompey fans knew what the tragedy of winning the FA Cup was doing to the club. They must yearn for the old days when they were solvent in the 4th division instead.

i love the way you do that....only look at the peaks and troughs and nothing in between. maybe if you'd said that they could have looked at a plan of sustainability and building a couple of years a go they wouldn't be looking to sell to survive now (does that ring a bell "live beyond your means then face the consequences" ?)

you can't keep on borrowing in the hope of it bringing success without a plan for IF/WHEN the success doesn't happen.

f*** that for a box of pennies, I'd nosh down on Ashley's cock WAY before Freddy's.

(Slash... I think Freddy managed us horribly irresponsibly and had we continued on under his control, we would have become Leeds 2 in a matter of years. So while the politics/finance aren't directly more important to me, they will inevitably affect the results on the field. As s*** as we are now, we're not languishing in League One with Leeds and there is little chance of that happening in reality).

;D

well, at the risk of derailing the thread, I hope you enjoy Coronation Street or whatever s**** you watch on the TV

oh dear.

you seem to be here around the clock.

Snidy ? Not a chance. I asked you a question as you asked me.

I've worked all my life other than a short spell on the dole when I was about 22, and intend to continue until I'm 70 at least, health permitting.

It helps me to fund going to the pub  bluelaugh.gif

Got a couple yrs left then  :-*

Question for Happy Face.

Now the s*** has hit the fan due a lack of foundation to the spending and we have to take a hit in terms of spending for a while. Its not pretty but we will come out of the other end in a better long term position than we went into it.

Now you see fundamnetally I agree that in both the economy and for the Toon that spending is needed for the long term good of both.

However my view (again on both points) is that money should be directed at rebuilding infrastructure, be that roads, schools, hospitals, communications or the academy, buying younger players with room to develop and training facilities.

Of course some money needs to be spent on the here and now, money in the pocket of the man on the street (interest rate cuts, VAT cuts (wrong move but its happened so I can include it..), or investment in the first team. If you can balance out the cost of improving the here and now with proceeds from clearing out the dross then its all good.

I've said it before, but with the exception of Given we've replaced every player who has left the club with one of better quality or of a similar standard but at lower cost. That. Is. Good. Business. It could even be argued that we didn't need to replace Given directly anyway.

The summer is pivotal, we're running out of dross with any sort of resale value and desperately need to improve the centre of midfield and in all likelyhood replace Owen. A Left Back would be nice to push Enrique on, unless one of the reserve players is ready to step up to provide this.

the more he leaves it, the longer it costs to get back. It's just more proof in my eyes that he hasn't got a clue, or doesn't have the desire. I don't accept that rebuilding means creating a situation whereby your best and most important players want to leave the club for career reasons and ambition, this tells you pretty much everything.

Re: my signature. And daresay, imo the disharmony exists beyond those who have departed already - ie. Given, N'Zogbia - and another whose departure is imminent  ie. Owen.

I'm not sure it does tbh. I think once Owen leaves we'll have got shot of all the long faced malcontents and I can see the spirit improving considerably in the camp. Geremi, Cacapa and Viduka leaving will also freshen us up considerably, especially if they are replaced by more highly motivated players like Lovenkrands.

Question for Happy Face.

I'm not sure it does tbh. I think once Owen leaves we'll have got shot of all the long faced malcontents and I can see the spirit improving considerably in the camp. Geremi, Cacapa and Viduka leaving will also freshen us up considerably, especially if they are replaced by more highly motivated players like Lovenkrands.

highly motivated - for now - but limited.

Ashley's blueprint.

Does it really escape you and others that Owen, zoggy and Given have had "long faces" because they realise that they are now too good for a club going nowhere fast ?