Newcastle United 0 - 0 Everton - 22/02/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

I think if you look at his expression (I know, grasping at straws here) he's clearly quite surprised.

Probably just mistimed his jump on an overeager lunge for the ball. Certainly no intent to physically harm Anichebe.

He should still be more careful though. Thoroughly deserves any ban he gets.

Probably a contender for worst premier league game of the season.

Harper- 5- Rotten distribution

R Taylor-6 Started well and faded a tad

Bassong-7- Did well

Colo- 6- Generally okay

S Taylor- 7- Did well out of position

Butt- 5- Usual dross

Nolan- 2- Imbecile, deserves a hefty fine

Duff- 5- Average

Lovenkrands- 4- Offered absolutely nowt

Shola- 5- How many more chances will he get?

Jonas- 5- Final ball remains predictably cack.

Martins- 4- Not fit, waste of time.

Smith- 4- Not involved

Hughton-3 - Grow a set

MOTM- Joleon Lescott who mopped up everything.

Guest nufc1892

classic tackle for how to break a leg.

f***ing stupid player.

i imagine when we play barton and nolan together for sure we wont finish the games with 11 man.

Because Nolan has been making tackles like this his whole career....

I admit it was f***ing stupid but lets not go OTT and make him out to be Lee Cattermole.

he is not like that cunt Cattermole but we all know that he is the type of player that is capable of doing something like this.Like we all know Barton is capable of doing something like this.

For example the chances of Nolan or Barton making that kind of tackles is much higher then players like Fabregas or Carick for example

Guest firetotheworks

Bassong-7- Did well

Colo- 6- Generally okay

Butt- 5- Usual dross

Duff- 5- Average

Smith- 4- Not involved

Hughton-3 - Grow a set

K K K Kraaaazaaay talk.

f***ing stupid player.

i imagine when we play barton and nolan together for sure we wont finish the games with 11 man.

I admit it was f***ing stupid but lets not go OTT and make him out to be Lee Cattermole.

he is not like that c*** Cattermole but we all know that he is the type of player that is capable of doing something like this.Like we all know Barton is capable of doing something like this.

For example the chances of Nolan or Barton making that kind of tackles is much higher then players like Fabregas or Carick for example

:doh:

Yeah, Barton or Nolan have a higher chance of making a bad tackle than Fabregas or Carrick because they tackle more.

Stunning revelation that.

Bassong-7- Did well

Colo- 6- Generally okay

Butt- 5- Usual dross

Duff- 5- Average

Smith- 4- Not involved

Hughton-3 - Grow a set

And your favourite left-back?

Guest battyleespeed

I know its tempting to put Rtaylor in the team for his setpieces and long throws but the team just doesn't seem to have the same fluidity and width than what it has with Gutierrez and Duff roaming the flanks. Both are relatively pacy and can hold the ball pretty well. Rtaylor just didn't seem to be natural in the wing. He was slow and kept losing the ball cheaply. Not a good performance at all.

Watched what I could of the the game. The main things I picked up,

Steven Taylor seemed incredibly eager to get the ball towards the other teams go and made some smashing surges forward. Needed a bit more help in doing this though. I personally love his attitude and although he may make some mistakes he is still a quality player.

Obafemi Martins again showed that he is someone that can make things happen. If he was on from the start it may have been a different result.

Bassong was great.

Jonas annoys me because he was very exciting when he came but he really needs to work on the final ball and become a bit more consistent.

Ryan Taylor is looking good, has a cracking delivery!

I do like to think we have somewhat stopped the rot but it's maybe too early to say. However, not at all disappointed with a point. Now we can build on it.

Guest nufc1892

f***ing stupid player.

he is not like that c*** Cattermole but we all know that he is the type of player that is capable of doing something like this.Like we all know Barton is capable of doing something like this.

Yeah, Barton or Nolan have a higher chance of making a bad tackle than Fabregas or Carrick because they tackle more.

No.

Barton and Nolan are the type of players which you will not be surprised if you see them make that kind of tackle.

Fabregas and Carick have alot more mind in their games then Nolan and Barton.

We all saw that today.

Just seen the tackle, awful. However I don't think he meant it.

Exactly. It was a bad foul, it deserved a sending off and a 3 match ban, but lets not end the lads career here before it's even started.

People are f***ing kidding themselves if they think it was deliberate. He's suddenly become Public Enemy No 1 :lol:

Exactly. It was a bad foul, it deserved a sending off and a 3 match ban, but lets not end the lads career here before it's even started.

People are f***ing kidding themselves if they think it was deliberate. He's suddenly become Public Enemy No 1 :lol:

As has been said already, that tackle has given one or two people the opportunity they've been waiting for sadly.

Guest battyleespeed

Come on HTT, football man like you knows better than that. There is no way you go for the ball like that, jumping in with two feet and studs out. That's more like from WWE. Anichebe had been putting himself about several times before that challenge so Nolan might have been expecting Anichebe to come in with full force and so did the same but I doubt that he genuinely tried to go for the ball. It looked more like he just lost his rag and took the guy out.  

f***ing stupid player.

No.

Barton and Nolan are the type of players which you will not be surprised if you see them make that kind of tackle.

We all saw that today.

wtf are you on about. Fabregas and Carrick make less bad tackles because they don't tackle that often period. It's not their job. It's not because Nolan are Barton are brainless thugs and those two are "classier" players as you seem to be implying.

I'm sorry I'm needlessly making a confrontation about this, but the way you seem to be dismissing two of our own players while lifting up two from another team boils my piss.

As has been said already, that tackle has given one or two people the opportunity they've been waiting for sadly.

It's pathetic. I'm suprised players still come here. As soon as you slip up, or don't win a match for us 10-0, then you're a failure.

The photo of the Nolan tackle is shocking. How the kid's leg isn't broken is beyond me. Am I right in thinking it seems out of character for Nolan? Don't seem to remember him getting sent off for anything that bad when he was at Bolton.

I also hope that Duff and Ameobi are dropped for next week. The former - I called it before the game in saying that he hasn't got the ability to put two good performances together. £70K a week? It's a joke. As for Ameobi - was as pitiful a peformance I've seen since Rob McDonald. I've tried to stick up for him in the past, but the fact that he's been given a new deal speaks volumes. Apparently he missed some training this week. Begs the question if it's true, why was he risked ahead of Martins or Viduka? Woeful tatics from Hughton and Calderwood. :thdn:

Everton were there to be beaten today - had we been brave enough to have a go. It's a missed opportunity and we could now be looking until the back end of April to see our next home point. Anyone feeling confident with the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea being the next 3 visitors?

Season can't end quick enough for me now.

The photo of the Nolan tackle is shocking. How the kid's leg isn't broken is beyond me. Am I right in thinking it seems out of character for Nolan? Don't seem to remember him getting sent off for anything that bad when he was at Bolton.

I also hope that Duff and Ameobi are dropped for next week. The former - I called it before the game in saying that he hasn't got the ability to put two good performances together. £70K a week? It's a joke. As for Ameobi - was as pitiful a peformance I've seen since Rob McDonald. I've tried to stick up for him in the past, but the fact that he's been given a new deal speaks volumes. Apparently he missed some training this week. Begs the question if it's true, why was he risked ahead of Martins or Viduka? Woeful tatics from Hughton and Calderwood. :thdn:

Everton were there to be beaten today - had we been brave enough to have a go. It's a missed opportunity and we could now be looking until the back end of April to see our next home point. Anyone feeling confident with the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea being the next 3 visitors?

Because they both aren't fit either & are both recovering from injury.

Once they're fit (or if they ever get fit in Viduka's case) Ameobi will be back in the reserves.

Sarper - 7 - Good save on that corner-chance, poor distribution though.

Saylor - 7 - Looks twice as good as a RB than he does at CB.

Foloccini - 7 - Solid

Sassong - 8 - Terrific again, top class defender. My MOTM

Jnrique - 8 - Another good game for him.

Raylor - 6 - Quality deliveries, but not much more.

Nutt - 6.5 - Credit where it's due, he did well today

Kolan - 5 - Was our best player before the sending off. Shame he may or may not have lost us 2 points

Duff - 5 - Ineffective, offered very little

Smeobi - 4 - Shite.

Pövenkrands - 6.5 - Had a good first half bar that chance, and ran his socks off the entire game.

Jutierez - 5 - Never got into the game

Oartins - 6 - Tried, but was never going to give us much playing as a lone striker

Cughton - 7 - Understandable starting XI, took off both Duff and Ameobi :thup:

Foloccini - 7 - Solid

Kolan - 5 - Was our best player before the sending off. Shame he may or may not have lost us 2 points

Smeobi - 4 - s****.

Pövenkrands - 6.5 - Had a good first half bar that chance, and ran his socks off the entire game.

Oartins - 6 - Tried, but was never going to give us much playing as a lone striker

I thought this was a joke about Coloccini having crazy hair follicles until I saw the rest of the names.  :colo:

Foloccini - 7 - Solid

Smeobi - 4 - Shite.

:angry:

Guest nufc1892

f***ing stupid player.

No.

We all saw that today.

wtf are you on about. Fabregas and Carrick make less bad tackles because they don't tackle that often period. It's not their job. It's not because Nolan are Barton are brainless thugs and those two are "classier" players as you seem to be implying.

I'm sorry I'm needlessly making a confrontation about this, but the way you seem to be dismissing two of our own players while lifting up two from another team boils my piss.

i think Barton and Nolan are playing in the same position as Carick and Fabregas??!!

but i doubt it very much that you'll see Carick or Fabregas making that crazy and stupid tackle.

i didnt dismiss anyone.

all i wanted to say is that every player is different.

and the odds for barton to be booked will be alot higher then Carick or Fabregas for example.

Because they both aren't fit either & are both recovering from injury.

Once they're fit (or if they ever get fit in Viduka's case) Ameobi will be back in the reserves.

Surely they aren't match 'fit' and weren't carrying knocks as Ameobi was said to be? Hughton didn't have the balls to change a winning side - abeit a patched up one (the team at WBA)