Newcastle United 0 - 0 Everton - 22/02/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

How? We had only 1 chance in the whole match where we actually threatend or should have scored- Lovenkrands shocking miss.

Why is everyone ignoring Guttierez' shocking miss?

Is it because he is awesome?

Shocking miss?  You mean when he was 20 odd yards out with no support and a player ahead of him, yeah tap is wasn't it?

How? We had only 1 chance in the whole match where we actually threatend or should have scored- Lovenkrands shocking miss.

Probably because it wasn't that shocking. He should have hit the target but the angle wasn't great in any case.

If he was half as good as people on here think he is, it was an open goal.

Do you think Robert would have scored? - I do.

What are you on about?

Probably because it wasn't that shocking. He should have hit the target but the angle wasn't great in any case.

Robert was pretty fucking awesome though (when he could be arsed). I don't think anyone really thinks Jonas is anywhere close to him or Solano in terms of creativity.

Robert was pretty fucking awesome though (when he could be arsed). I don't think anyone really thinks Jonas is anywhere close to him or Solano in terms of creativity.

I don't - I'm not sure about a few others here.

I don't - I'm not sure about a few others here.

Such as? Robert and Solano played in much better sides too.

What are you on about?

A player in the EPL through on goal within 5 yards of the centre - I call that a chance which I expect to be converted - maybe I've been spoilt by too many good players in the last 15 years and now have to get used to this level of expectation - Ashley's "You've seen worse" - my arse.

Im just saying i think we've missed a chance here. Not disputing that 1 point after going down to 10 men is a good result. Or that before this game it wouldnt have been an acceptable result. But with evertons Injurys and the clear chance we had aswell as the way we were playing...we could have taken the points & we need to do that at this stage of the season. We might be regretting it in 3 or 4 games time. Especially now with Nolan out for the next few games.

I think you are 100% correct. It was a blown opportunity. With Everton's injuries we were in a position to actually take all three points. This is what made starting Ameobi and Duff so infuriating.

However, once we were down to 10 men, a draw was a pretty good result for us.  We thoroughly deserved that point. Bassong, Enrique, Colo, Taylor all played well and that is something to feel good about.

What are you on about?

A player in the EPL through on goal within 5 yards of the centre - I call that a chance which I expect to be converted - maybe I've been spoilt by too many good players in the last 15 years and now have to get used to this level of expectation - Ashley's "You've seen worse" - my arse.

He wasn't through on goal though. ???

It was a one-on-one with the defender at best. Should have done better I agree, but it was a difficult half-chance iyam.

What are you on about?

We have seen worse, you must have missed it.

He was under pressure, outside of the defender, and rushed it, when it was at an angle. Maybe he could have slowed it down and cut inside, but he chose not to. It happens.

It wasn't an open goal, he wasn't through on goal, and it wasn't on the same level as Loverkrand's.

even if we lost three in a row. 

I think we'll lose the next five.

Well that would be a different matter, though I still don't think we'd be in the bottom three if we did.  I also don't think we will lose the next 5.

Man he was nowhere near through on goal, you need to go back and watch it again.

What are you on about?

I think you probably got it right about being spoiled tbf. Considering that chance was fashioned through brilliant interplay and quick passing between the two subs with nothing contributed from midfield you certainly seem to have the mud-tinted specs on.

It wasn't an open goal, he wasn't through on goal, and it wasn't on the same level as Loverkrand's.

He was played in as the last man and was through on goal - the defender got back to cover because he didn't drive for the goal enough - it wasn't as bad as Lovenkrands' but to me it was an excellent chance - if it had been Shola he'd have been slagged off to fuck for it.

Guest optimistic nit

is it the jonas chance? he wasn't through on goal or in a brilliant striking position but he should have done a lot better.

is it the jonas chance? he wasn't through on goal or in a brilliant striking position but he should have done a lot better.

He panicked. He's not a striker or even a goalscoring midfielder, so I'm not that bothered. Should have done better but these things happen.

Man he was nowhere near through on goal, you need to go back and watch it again.

I suppose its expectations - there are a few players I'd expect to score from that position - I just need to add Guttierez to the list of those who who I think will probably not - sadly a list which comprises out entire squad apart from Martins and Owen.

What are you on about?

Newcastle United play in the PREMIER LEAGUE & not the EPL or the PREMIERSHIP.

He panicked. He's not a striker or even a goalscoring midfielder, so I'm not that bothered. Should have done better but these things happen.

How much do we play players a week for them to panic and come nowhere near hitting the target.

Fuck me if we can't get frustrated or angry about player's basic failures we might as well give up.

Guest Saint Andy

I'm very happy with a point since we played most of the match with only ten men. Shola as usual was terrible, I'd rather play 4-5-1 than have him up front.

How much do we play players a week for them to panic and come nowhere near hitting the target.

Fuck me if we can't get frustrated or angry about player's basic failures we might as well give up.

When you put it like that, Jonas is nowhere near good enough for us. We really should have someone like Ryan Giggs or David Villa in that role.

I had my head in my hands when that happened too. I'm not making it out to be as bad as you are.

Some players just aren't that made for that sort of position. If that was Owen or Martins I'd have been a lot more disappointed.