U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Newcastle United FC ‏ @NUFCOfficial  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

NUFC Res v Chelsea (4-4-1-1): Alnwick; Airey, Henderson ©, Kitchen, Riley; Maddison, Logan, Richardson, Moyo; Donaldson; Ranger #nufc #cfc

Who's Kitchen???

Alex Kitchen. Missed most the season due to a broken leg.

Have they not been worst ever since Beardsley left his coaching position? They started the season very well if I remember correctly.

Nothing to do with Beardsley,  don't think he done much apart from putting the cones out.  We started well but as the season has gone on the players have got younger and younger and the inexperience shows, even when its just playing against players a few years older.

Early in the season the reserves would be featuring the likes of Vukcic, Sammy, Inman, Dummett, Abeid and Ferguson.  Last night Maddison(who has looked good in the youth cup run this season) making his debut,  Logan, who was used as a sub in the youth cup side making only his 2nd appearance and Kitchen, 16 yrs old not even a Under 18 player making his debut.  Great experience playing against the likes of Lakuka but doesn't help the team when we are getting stuffed. 

The Under 18's are still going strong.  Won 2-1 today away at Derby and are now 5 points clear at the top of the league and still have 1 game in hand.  Today's side featured Brad Kilburn, a centre half on trial.  The team also featured Miele, Maddison,Logan, Hooper and Taylor who all featured in last night reserve game against Chelsea.

The academys next game is at home to Sheff Wed on Saturday where they will be hoping to make it ten home wins out of ten.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Under 18's are still going strong.  Won 2-1 today away at Derby and are now 5 points clear at the top of the league and still have 1 game in hand.  Today's side featured Brad Kilburn, a centre half on trial.  The team also featured Miele, Maddison,Logan, Hooper and Taylor who all featured in last night reserve game against Chelsea.

The academys next game is at home to Sheff Wed on Saturday where they will be hoping to make it ten home wins out of ten.

:aww:

Young lad from Barnsley.

Guest gasusoca

Basic problem is that Donnachie et al are complete rubbish and just play long ball. No player develoment whatsoever in games - just try to not get beat.

Look at other clubs where most of their good players are out on loan with a plan. Ours either go to Gateshead or go out for a month to any random club. Mehdi Abied came with a great reputation. I know for a fact Pardew told him he would play while Tiote was away. Then told him h would go out on loan. Then said he could go to Preston for a month as there were injuries ffs!!!!

If you were a promising young player would you come/stay????

Do we have one foreigner on our coaching staff at any level?

It would be nice to get some foreign influence and give the youngsters something different to think about.

There's a article how the FA are looking around the world for coaches for the new Burton centre.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/09/fa-national-centre-burton-coaching

iirc Solano does/did a bit of coaching with the academy.

Random/daft question, do we really have no-one else to play RB these days or have we actually decided to convert Phil Airey into one?

i think due to injuries we have ran out of right backs.  Early in the season the likes of Nzuzi and Nicholson played but both are now injured.

Airey has played at fullback before, he was seemingly rotated between striker and right back a couple of seasons ago then started banging goals in and stayed up front.  In the two recent games i've seen him play he's been dreadful at full back! 

Random/daft question, do we really have no-one else to play RB these days or have we actually decided to convert Phil Airey into one?

i think due to injuries we have ran out of right backs.  Early in the season the likes of Nzuzi and Nicholson played but both are now injured.

Airey has played at fullback before, he was seemingly rotated between striker and right back a couple of seasons ago then started banging goals in and stayed up front.  In the two recent games i've seen him play he's been dreadful at full back! 

Ah, thanks for that info.

I watched him play in the Reserves Derby at St. James' and he looked rather out of place at RB! As long as he's not a long-term option but is just covering for injuries, then that's fine.....

Do you reckon he'll make the first team proper? (I know he's been on the bench a few times).

Guest bimpy474

The reserves results have been nothing short of embarrasing since Donachie took over, he is useless if you go by the results since he came in.

I watched him play in the Reserves Derby at St. James' and he looked rather out of place at RB! As long as he's not a long-term option but is just covering for injuries, then that's fine.....

Do you reckon he'll make the first team proper? (I know he's been on the bench a few times).

He's being released at the end of the season.

He's being released at the end of the season.

Ah, didn't realise. Oh well.

Guest andrew

when?

My friend said like most of our reserves he'll never make it.

when?

My friend said like most of our reserves he'll never make it.

He made an appearance against Stevenage last year in the FA Cup and I'm sure he's been on the bench a couple more times.

A fair few of the reserves will be released at the end of the season, must be odd playing a bunch of guys who have no future at the club

Along with promoting some of the youngsters we will need a buy a few more kids to beef up the reserves