U23s & Academy

Skirge

2 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

Was posted in the transfer rumour thread but belongs here too. Exciting to see us so pro-active on the youth/academy this season.

Is there not a transfer deadline today for youth players? How can we still sign 3 more of them

7 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

Was posted in the transfer rumour thread but belongs here too. Exciting to see us so pro-active on the youth/academy this season.

I don't know what the hold up is with some of them. Shahar, Sanusi and Mukasa were set to be signed nearly 3 months ago, Zefi for weeks too. 

Would be a huge shame if they have missed the window to be involved in the Uefa youth league because it wasn't wrapped up today. Got no clue if the same rules apply to youth as senior for registration and eligibility. Zefi especially seems like someone that would have featured for us.

Did Kevin Zefi and Leo Shahar actually join ?

My mate has family in the Black Country and he talks of Shahar in Joe Cole/Ravel Morrison terms, a kid who's known throughout the country in football circles while only playing youth football.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Did Kevin Zefi and Leo Shahar actually join ?

My mate has family in the Black Country and he talks of Shahar in Joe Cole/Ravel Morrison terms, a kid who's known throughout the country in football circles while only playing youth football.

Not yet but reports suggest it should be announced soon enough (In the case of Shahar it will probably just hi confirming it on Instagram)

On 16/08/2023 at 22:03, Whitley mag said:

According to .com, now this lad has been linked to all the top clubs and looks some talent.

A deal is also said to be looming for Birmingham City's teenage winger Trevan Sanusi. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYezUbB-Tw

Apparently we've won the chase.

That video really did cheer me up. Much recommended viewing for anyone with the post-Brighton blues.