U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest toonlass

2-1 carroll slots home after being put in 1 on 1 by ranger through ball.

Possible debut for Ranger danger on Saturday? wouldn't mind seeing him and Xisco on the bench

Carroll is more likely to get a start tbh.

More likely to get a start than who?

Ranger.

2-1 carroll slots home after being put in 1 on 1 by ranger through ball.

Possible debut for Ranger danger on Saturday? wouldn't mind seeing him and Xisco on the bench

Carroll is more likely to get a start tbh.

More likely to get a start than who?

Ranger.

On time served - I'd agree, but tbh I wasn't talking about Carroll.

:lol: Shows the mentality of this forum where one striker scores two but the cult hero sets one up and it's he who should get the start.

Having seen two abject cameo roles by Carroll this season (Man City and Chelsea at home), I'm not a massive fan. Think he has a problem with attitude, happy to be proven wrong but Ranger has been slotting them in all season at Reserve & Youth level, Carroll hasn't done all that much in his first team games to date (nothing terrible, but nothing that excites me).

Xisco hasn't been given a crack of the whip either, wouldn't mind seeing him get a run out under someone who has a little faith in him.

:lol: Shows the mentality of this forum where one striker scores two but the cult hero sets one up and it's he who should get the start.

Thats what I was thinking :lol:

You have seen Carroll 'play' for the first team then?

Guthrie shouldn't have been playing tonight, IMO. He got 90 minutes against Man U last week and a bit on Saturday, should have been near enough match fit to start against Stoke without playing tonight, and now we're paying the price for it. Fuck :(

I'm working on the theory that those who've seen Ranger first hand have said he's got potential but looks nowhere near the finished article. Carroll has scored two first team goals and wins a fuck load in the air, thought he was an excellent target man against the mackems and if he had someone who could run up alongside him we'd have faired better. Anyway, I don't think he's great, nor do I think he's awful, and I'd rather throw him in than a completely untried kid against Stoke's giants.

Guthrie shouldn't have been playing tonight, IMO. He got 90 minutes against Man U last week and a bit on Saturday, should have been near enough match fit to start against Stoke without playing tonight, and now we're paying the price for it. Fuck :(

Can't win, many were impressed they were playing to prove their fitness and form.

I'm working on the theory that those who've seen Ranger first hand have said he's got potential but looks nowhere near the finished article. Carroll has scored two first team goals and wins a fuck load in the air, thought he was an excellent target man against the mackems and if he had someone who could run up alongside him we'd have faired better. Anyway, I don't think he's great, nor do I think he's awful, and I'd rather throw him in than a completely untried kid against Stoke's giants.

Depends on whether we plan on on simply twatting it up front as we did for 90mins against Chelsea.

Well ideal world we won't, we'll play Owen and Martins and we'll play like we did for the first hour at home to Stoke, where Martins and Owen tore them each a new areshole. If we're losing the nwe can throw Carroll on. Anyway this is all academic as Shola will probably be back.

Huge dilemma for Shearer.

The way our midfield has been playing i.e. a complete inability to string together a number of passes on the ground, we are going to need to involve a target man who can at least challenge for the inevitable balls lumped forward and it will have to be Carroll.

Shearer will have to decide between Oba and Owen to partner him.

Carroll was one of five senior stars included with David Edgar and Alan Smith both coming through 90 minutes while Danny Guthrie succumbed to a knee injury just before half-time and Xisco made way shortly after the break

Huge dilemma for Shearer.

The way our midfield has been playing i.e. a complete inability to string together a number of passes on the ground, we are going to need to involve a target man who can at least challenge for the inevitable balls lumped forward and it will have to be Carroll.

Shearer will have to decide between Oba and Owen to partner him.

I bet he picks Owen.

Just got back, really enjoyed the match. Guthrie was playing really well before he went off, the same couldn't be said about Smith though. He really needs to stay on his feet more. THought Vuckic looked really really good when he came on, and Morris played well (despite only having a right foot)

I'll probably disappoint people here, but I thought Ranger used his arms too much, and comitted too many fouls (which were not pulled up). Good assist for the second goal though.

Petrov was very good for them, Hamann was hopeless, and Weiss was exciting but should have been sent off for grabbing the referee.

Good game though

Another enjoyable game tonight and an excellent win,  Carroll's first goal was fantastic, lashed in a shot from just inside the box, on the angle into the top corner.  Took his 2nd goal well also after being played in by Ranger, after i said on here earlier that he needs to lift his head up and pass more!lol

I was impressed with Vukic as well when he come on and he looks like a top player in the making.  Smith also had a steady game in the middle of the park.

Guthrie's injury is a bit of a worry altho think he should be ok, just seemed a kick on the ankle from Hamann, the german was lucky to keep out the referees notebook tho after about 4 similar fouls.  Must also praise Danquah who isn't my favourite but he was excellent in a central midfield role today, probably the best i've seen him play.

One last thing, can the people who are on here everyday wanting Xisco and Ranger please stop,  Xisco was woeful again and is a terrible player, he's weak as piss and is not a premier league striker and Ranger is a good prospect but we aren't going to throw him in when we have the likes of Owen, Martins, Lovenkrands and Carroll available and for those saying he's scorong for fun he's only scored 2 goals in the last 9 reserve games and he's only scored 1 for the under 18's since the turn of the year!!!! hardly banging them in and on top form!!

Ranger looks absolutely knackered to me. Vukcic was indeed very impressive.

I've said for a few that we will burn out Ranger and Tavernier,  both are still playing ok but not as good as before xmas, they're both just 17 but playing saturday/monday every week.

Guest toonlass

Hasn't Shearer already said he will pick Owen if he is fit. So therefore its a toss up between Oba and Carroll and tbh I think he will keep the front two the same. Owen and Oba with Carroll coming off the bench.

Hasn't Shearer already said he will pick Owen if he is fit. So therefore its a toss up between Oba and Carroll and tbh I think he will keep the front two the same. Owen and Oba with Carroll coming off the bench.

i'd play Owen up front with Carroll and shove Martins out on the wing.

I don't think Oba can play as a winger in a 4-4-2.

I don't think Oba can play as a winger in a 4-4-2.

4-3-3 for the win