U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Emerson Sheik

We have failed to sign Swedish midfielder Melker Hallberg to our U18 team. Only 16 years old and already scored 1 goal in 6 games for his team Kalmar FF in the Swedish Allsvenskan. A highly rated player. He turned us down and wants to stay at his club.

normally there's highlights on the red button on bbc of this tournament,  has in years gone by,  having the olympics on though in the next few days will probably mean its not shown this year.

normally there's highlights on the red button on bbc of this tournament,  has in years gone by,  having the olympics on though in the next few days will probably mean its not shown this year.

There's coverage, but it seems very limited this year, unless I've missed something.  You're probably right that it's for budget reasons, sadly. 

We really did play great football today though.  Real confidence.  Campbell plays like Rooney, and likes to sit deep and create attacks for himself by playing the ball out.  We've got some great passers as well, I can only recall one stray attempt. 

Macauley Booth has some real swagger and strength about him too, left the right back for dead a few times with a simple drop of the shoulder.

Interesting that we're likely to face Desportivo Brasil. They're solely a youth club set up by a company, with the aim of producing players then making money out of it.

:anguish: x 1bn.

Just how close is Campbell to a senior side club up. Seems to be banging them in 5 this tourney already, everytime I read about the kids his name is always prominent. With the lack of strikers at the club now, he might be closer to a call up than we think.