U23s & Academy

Skirge

Having watched him for two full matches now (tonight and last night), I'd say he really has something.  He's like Owen in his prime.  Lightning fast, drifts between defenders, and always seems to pop up in the right places.  He's got a real predatory instinct that you don't often see at this level.

That said, he is VERY small.  Tiny.  He's stronger than he looks, though.

I'd say he could have enough about him to compensate for his height, but it'll take another year or so.  Would back him to play in the League Cup against some weak sides, but I think he needs another year or two to develop at his own pace, physically more than anything else.

I'm trying to organise an interview with him, so I'll ask him what his aims are if I can get it.

What's he like technique wise? As loads of people have mentioned his pace but not that much about his technique.

Pretty tidy as far as I can see.  Controls the ball well, has good vision, and can dink in and out of players.

he's looked a bit out of his depth when i've seem him at reserve level - looks very quick, intelligent, marvellous touch - but players just a year or two older destroy him.

That's my concern about him stepping up.  I've not seen him at reserve level, although he's tearing up his current level.

I think he needs time to develop, like I said.  Maybe let him toughen up a bit as he grows, he's still what, 16? 

As FM says, a "hot prospect", but expecting him to jump into the first team now and bag 5-10 goals a season is just not going to happen yet.

Having watched him for two full matches now (tonight and last night), I'd say he really has something.

:lol:

I know it's not much, but I don't think that many people here will have watched him for many more than that.  I've watched him score four goals, so I have a little idea of how he scores and works up front.

The Milk Cup is a great wee tournament to be involved in.

Glad we've put a team in this year.

Haven't been up in a few years but it's well organised with a good spread of clubs from around the world.

Hope the wee Mags can go all the way.

Semi kicking off in an hour, is it ?

Reguarding Campbell, we might think he's too young, but he's at that age where if you are going to be a great player you tend to break into the first team, Owen was I think younger than he is right now, Rooney too. How old were Shola and Carroll when they made the breakthrough ? Shouldn't rush him of course and everyone develops at there own rate, but if he's an Owen type of player his peak could be a lot younger than other types.

1-0 Campbell

He's also had to retake a scored pen for apparently no reason. Retake saved.

@UtdForNewcastle

JUSTICE. Gilliead crosses in a 1-2, and that man @adamcampbell_ loops a glorious header over the goalkeeper. 1-0

Having watched him for two full matches now (tonight and last night), I'd say he really has something.

I love your contribution, keep it up Jack. :thup:

Yeah it's great when we have people close to the action that don't mind keeping us up to date with the latest.