U23s & Academy

Skirge

First wife ?? Hes got a second ??

I assumed he must have, as someone said that his wife won't let him see his kid. Surely Beardsley's bairns are all adults now?

Besides, I thought he was supposed to be boffing Cathy Secker, back in the day. :???: :D

s*** management style more than bullying iyam. Still I think this gives us all a perfect opportunity to move on to someone more relevant and present.

Remember Beardsley is the reserve manager, he’ll have little dealings at academy level so don’t blame him for the reason the academy is s***, it’s the lack of investment and recruitment to blame.

The problem is clearly more than Beardsley, the only professional/decent thing about the club is Rafa (obviously admin/ground staff aside).

If the takeover happens one of the things I'm most looking forward to is how everything else is developed not just the investment in the first team.

Anyone remember Ole Söderberg when he had his failed stint in the academy here?

In an interview with a local paper here he said that he felt alienated by the staff from day one. None of them really talked or interacted with him.

No praise, criticism, encouragement or anything.

So I don't think it is just Beardsley either, but more their system in general.

So important to have staff with good ‘people skills’ in academies. Probably more important than their technical nous. Certainly more important than how good they were themselves at Football. Guess the ideal is very strong on all three criteria, though the last one is mainly for credibility reasons.

Guest The Little Waster

First wife ?? Hes got a second ??

I assumed he must have, as someone said that his wife won't let him see his kid. Surely Beardsley's bairns are all adults now?

Besides, I thought he was supposed to be boffing Cathy Secker, back in the day. :???: :D

Secker ? Shes deed inshe ?

NUFC should have a thriving academy and despite all my criticism of kids’ football in this country at grassroots level, there is no excuse given the passion kids have for the game here and the club and the catchment area. Andy Carroll is the stand out player in what, over 20 years or so and even then he isn’t a good player. It’s a disgrace really.

It’s down to lack of investment in all areas sadly. Even the foreign youngsters that come here seem rubbish and they have probably had a better footballing education on the streets, with youth sides and coaching back in their home-land.

It needs a major overhaul. Again I’d far rather see us break our transfer record in terms of money spent on. The academy than a single player.

Rafa has shown more interest than any manager we’ve had in he youth set up, visiting 5-a-side pitches, watching boys’ club matches etc. There is nowt he can do though if the club are so unwilling to invest though. He can’t even get them to invest in the first-team...

So sad!

My lad was taken into the academy at u9's then they released him at the end of the u11 season saying he wasn't aggressive enough,aggresive enough at bloody 11 year old. I spent 8 hours a week watching him train at the academy and i must admit i was expecting to see elite football training but i never really did. I found the sessions very dated and nothing you wouldn't see at a decent boys club. He's been back at a good boys club now for a season and a half and he's a different kid, much more confident and not afraid to express himself and loving his football. So in conclusion i would say he's come on more in a season and a half at his boys club than he did in his 3 seasons at the academy.

Beardsley was a great player and a very good player for us, but he will never be a legend in my eyes. He couldn't wait to p*ss off the first time and was clapping Liverpool fans during one of our games. He's an arselicking s*** of the highest order and seemingly a bully to boot. He doesn't deserve a job here, hopefully if we get taken over, Rafa will show him the door.

This. I was at Anfield that day and will never forget, regardless how outstanding he was as a player.

I was in the youth system between 2000-2003. It was fragmented, we did things at Darsley Park, then on some days we'd do things in Whickham, on others it was nearer silverlink. I remember the parents politics being shockingly bad, a lot of the team were just the kids of people who ran a sunday side.

My mates all went to Sunderland instead and they were far better looked after.

Oddly enough in the trial that I passed, I was on the same team as Beardsley's son and after the game he came over to congratulate me for scoring from a corner and a volley

I was in the youth system between 2000-2003. It was fragmented, we did things at Darsley Park, then on some days we'd do things in Whickham, on others it was nearer silverlink. I remember the parents politics being shockingly bad, a lot of the team were just the kids of people who ran a sunday side.

My mates all went to Sunderland instead and they were far better looked after.

Oddly enough in the trial that I passed, I was on the same team as Beardsley's son and after the game he came over to congratulate me for scoring from a corner and a volley

Fancy playing for the blues?

Guest Howaythetoon

What goes around always comes around!

Did he bully you?

Do you think I’d let a muppet like him bully me?

Did he bully you?

Dunno just judging by last 2 or 3 pages seems you have quite the axe to grind

Guest Howaythetoon

Did he bully you?

Dunno just judging by last 2 or 3 pages seems you have quite the axe to grind

I just see him for what he is, a nasty prick behind the scenes.

Guest Howaythetoon

Did he bully you?

gZXgCZDlOgNI.gif

Well at least finish off the sentence...