U23s & Academy

Skirge

Wants binning, that much has been clear for years.

:thup:

Aye, this.

The Academy being utter garbage isn't all down to him, it's mainly sheer negligence from the ownership across the last decade but he has played a part. When/If the takeover is announced the whole club from Academy level up to the structure of the club's hierarchy needs ridiculous levels of fixing and ameliorating.

The academy being shit pre-dates Ashley, in fact has it ever been good? Ok 1 or 2 gems have cropped up, but there has never been a consistent level of decent players coming through.

Beardsley is part of the problem, as you say. He has been here a very long time, too long. Regardless of if he’s treated players at the acedeny badly, he’s not fit for purpose there at all.

Wants binning, that much has been clear for years.

:thup:

Aye, this.

The Academy being utter garbage isn't all down to him, it's mainly sheer negligence from the ownership across the last decade but he has played a part. When/If the takeover is announced the whole club from Academy level up to the structure of the club's hierarchy needs ridiculous levels of fixing and ameliorating.

Hes been here most of the last decade in some capacity, whos came through under his tenure? Just because he was a good player, doesn't mean he can coach.

He can f*** right off. He should of went when Pardew did.

Never said he was a great coach. He's evidently shite. But the complete negligence of the academy and it's coaching, the facilities etc isn't all down to Peter Beardsley.

He still needs binning. Should've went ages ago like you said. If that bullying story is true then he must be a really weird bloke. Bullying the young players that you're supposed to be coaching ffs.

Never said he was a great coach. He's evidently s****. But the complete negligence of the academy and it's coaching, the facilities etc isn't all down to Peter Beardsley.

He still needs binning. Should've went ages ago like you said. If that bullying story is true then he must be a really weird bloke. Bullying the young players that you're supposed to be coaching ffs.

I never said you said he was a great coach :lol: However I can imagine him to be the sort of guy to belittle people and say shit like "Back in my day..." referring to how good he was compared to these kids. Well guess what Peter, it's not your day anymore, you're fucking obsolete and have been for a while.

Imagine being bullied by Peter Beardsley man :lol:

😂

Yeah, imagine being a long way from home, facing a gruelling hyper-competitive training regime. Dealing with the huge uncertainty about your future, whilst carrying the expectations of your family, and every wanna-be who half knows you, on your shoulders. Having to smile through the supportive or jealous comments from everybody who expects you’re leading some kind of rich and famous lifestyle. When in reality the man with the most power to determine your future, whose power is enhanced further by his status as a club legend, is treating you in a way which makes you feel like shite. Is turning the game you have loved, the only thing you’ve ever been good at, into something you can’t face playing anymore. Perhaps to the point where you can’t see a future, of any kind, for yourself anymore. Don’t see the humour myself.

Guest Howaythetoon

Beardsley was a great player and a very good player for us, but he will never be a legend in my eyes. He couldn't wait to piss off the first time and was clapping Liverpool fans during one of our games. He's an arselicking shit of the highest order and seemingly a bully to boot. He doesn't deserve a job here, hopefully if we get taken over, Rafa will show him the door.

Work with a couple of people who played under him at the Academy. They say that besides him just being the ball-boy/extra 5-aside player in training, he is both useless and quite unpleasant.

Sadly, Academy's up and down our country are full of (ex-pro) assholes like himself. If we took ourselves seriously at this level we'd tell him to piss off.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye heard similar. Its a sad state of affairs when Geordie parents prefer to send their kids to sunderland and Middlesbrough rather than their own club's academy, training camps etc.

Absolutely, HTT. There are some top, top people involved in the Academy but some of the stories you still hear prove that as a whole the mentality has not completely changed and there are still far too many idiots and egos involved. Fair play to Boro/mackems for their work, and shame on us for employing such morons, but our Youth policy/development has been a shambles for years upon years.

Guest Howaythetoon

Absolutely, HTT. There are some top, top people involved in the Academy but some of the stories you still hear prove that as a whole the mentality has not completely changed and there are still far too many idiots and egos involved. Fair play to Boro/mackems for their work, and shame on us for employing such morons, but our Youth policy/development has been a shambles for years upon years.

There are some great people at our club, little unknown people, who do a great job. I'd rather employ someone from a local boys/girls footy team as a coach than an ex player.

Guest Howaythetoon

I look at Beardsley and he was a great footballer, but he’s inarticulate, doesn’t look the fittest of people and is someone I don’t think younger players would look up to these days. His record in charge of various youth teams and players is piss poor. Then look at Steve Watson, taking the plunge into management at Gatsehead and by all accounts has them playing good football and seems a good coach.

I don't know how the reserves/juniors are ran but they seem to lollop from one crisis to another with no one  ever breaking through. We seem to develop championship and lower league/Scottish type players.  (Could you take any kid and make him half decent by intensive academy training?  Probably). Is nobody looking at the Dutch/European methods?

I also think players should have an element of public service as part of their social skills. Perhaps they'd be less of a bunch of arseholes if they had some interaction with "normals"

I've met Peter a couple of times and he seemed like a decent fella - always had a couple of minutes for a natter about football. :thup: That said, there's no smoke without fire but I've not heard the stories about him being 'weird'. Heard his first wife is a ball-breaker though!

The whole academy set up needs rebooting, which will hopefully happen when the takeover goes through.

Guest Howaythetoon

NUFC should have a thriving academy and despite all my criticism of kids’ football in this country at grassroots level, there is no excuse given the passion kids have for the game here and the club and the catchment area. Andy Carroll is the stand out player in what, over 20 years or so and even then he isn’t a good player. It’s a disgrace really.

It’s down to lack of investment in all areas sadly. Even the foreign youngsters that come here seem rubbish and they have probably had a better footballing education on the streets, with youth sides and coaching back in their home-land.

It needs a major overhaul. Again I’d far rather see us break our transfer record in terms of money spent on. The academy than a single player.

Rafa has shown more interest than any manager we’ve had in he youth set up, visiting 5-a-side pitches, watching boys’ club matches etc. There is nowt he can do though if the club are so unwilling to invest though. He can’t even get them to invest in the first-team...

So sad!

Guest The Little Waster

Is this a signal that the takeover is imminent ? Time to jettison all the useless twats , Charnleys next

Shit management style more than bullying iyam. Still I think this gives us all a perfect opportunity to move on to someone more relevant and present.

Remember Beardsley is the reserve manager, he’ll have little dealings at academy level so don’t blame him for the reason the academy is shit, it’s the lack of investment and recruitment to blame.