U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For all those wanting the likes of Kadar in the first team, take note

To be fair though, they don't have any ball winners in that midfield!

Frank Danquah (Brad Inman, 11m) - injured?

erm lads it is full of 1st team playes, have you seen our 1st team squad? we are so thing Vuckic at 16 will get 1st team games this season.

About 4 of them are fringe players in the first team squad who may hopefully get a game for the first team in the future, the rest are pure reserve/youth players.  That can't be called a strong squad mate and if anyone's concerned they were thrashed by Leeds they need their heads examined.

Aye, because he'll develop as a player by sitting in the reserves until he's 23.

These players need some first team experience, ideally we'd be loaning them out to Hartlepool or Darlo for the season but we're down to our last two central defenders with first team experience so Kadar & co. are required here in case of emergency.

Obviously you didn't see the game so you can't know that any of it was Kadar's fault.

I've seen him twice, and he looks out of sorts against poor players. Not enough to make any firm judgement, but enough to suggest he isn't quite good enough for the starting Xl

Obviously you didn't see the game so you can't know that any of it was Kadar's fault.

I've seen him twice, and he looks out of sorts against poor players. Not enough to make any firm judgement, but enough to suggest he isn't quite good enough for the starting Xl

Said it all summer that if Kadar gets in the first team it should be as left back, where he's very good,  don't think he's got the physical abilty to play as a centre half, especially in the CCC, he may well end up a very good centre half but he's a better left back at the present time. 

In saying that i have no idea if he was too blame he may have played well and Tozer(who also isn't ready for 1st team action) may have been at fault,  he hasn't looked too clever in the games against Whitley and Blyth.

Guest Heneage

ITV showing the goals on Wednesday night I imagine?

EDIT; Just checked on my Telly Guide, they are in fact showing highlights of the England game that's on just a few hours previous.  :idiot2:

ITV showing the goals on Wednesday night I imagine?

EDIT; Just checked on my Telly Guide, they are in fact showing highlights of the England game that's on just a few hours previous.  :idiot2:

BBC 1, 23:15 tomorrow.

erm lads it is full of 1st team playes, have you seen our 1st team squad? we are so thing Vuckic at 16 will get 1st team games this season.

About 4 of them are fringe players in the first team squad who may hopefully get a game for the first team in the future, the rest are pure reserve/youth players.  That can't be called a strong squad mate and if anyone's concerned they were thrashed by Leeds they need their heads examined.

Hi fact fans.

Last year we used 29 players. 26 played 5 or more games, 22 played 10 or more. We didn't have an especially bad year with injuries.

We currently have a senior squad of 29 which includes 12 who played in that game. "You do the math".

That IS what passes for a strong reserve team now, and a lot if not most of them will get first team games next season.

tresor kandol got 4 of them. leeds have been trying to get rid of him for ages, sure we could get him on the cheap if we couldn't get beckford like. he's kazenga's cousin too

He did nowt in CCC last year while playing for Charlton. Reseve football/League 1 or 2 is Kandol level. It would of been good for Tozer & Kadar have someone like Kandol whacking into them.

Taken from a Leeds messageboard

"I havent forgotten the abhorrence of Kandol.

I dont care what he did in League One. Kandol up front for us trying to keep us in the Championship was one of the most tradgic sights I have seen!

Him up front and Heath at the back! What chance did we ever have!?"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reet, if anyone else is going, probably see you there (without knowing who you are like). Hope the wind dies down, though could mean we actually have football played on the deck!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Toon Youth 5 - 3 Chelsea Youth

Alnwick

Airey, Taylor, Grieves, Ferguson

McCloughlin

Adjei, Inman, (Not sure who was wearing the #8 might have been Greg McDermott)

Vuckic

Ameobi

Goals: Ameobi, Vuckic x2, Ferguson, Inman

(I think)

---

Chris Hughton, Colin Calderwood and Derek Llambias watched the first half, but weren't seen at half time (probably preparing for the match) so they missed alot of the better stuff the 2nd half had.

Everything went down the left and center, mainly through Inman and Vuckic, who were allowed to do their jobs due to the tidy hardworking shift put in by Paddy McCloughlin playing in a holding role in midfield. Right hand side was frustrating with Sammy Adjei not getting up to much, slicing twice the same chance, and general frustrating play. Phil Airey had to do ALOT of work up and down the flank to get things going.

Good news for all you Shola fans, Sammy Ameobi looks like he's going to be a clone of his Brother! Lanky, erratic first touch, yet has that strange knack of scoring a goal (sometimes).

Aaron Spear, Michael McCrudden and Daniel Neary came on for the last 15 minutes or so. McCrudden finally offering something on the right wing to work with, though Aaron Spear looked a bit underwhelming for someone with such a huge hype. He looks like he's got one hell of a right foot behind him, and showed some nice touches in the warm up, but don't think he had enough to do during the game, and seemed to be out on the left flank.

Alnwick, Taylor and Grieves look promising, despite conceding three goals, all three of them are vocal and kept each other in check (especially Ferguson who seemed lost playing Left Back). Lough came on at half time for (I think) Greg McDermott - who did nowt for 45mins - which allowed for Ferguson to push up and play on the AML position where he played some great football, set up a few goals, and scored one. Certainly seems a lot more confident playing on the flank then at Left Back, though Darren Lough didn't seem much better at Left Back.

Most of the goals were tap ins, with some nice through balls putting the players through to round the keeper. Vuckic tucked one effort away coming in from the right wing, and placing the ball into the opposite bottom corner with his left foot (pretty similar to the last 2 goals he's scored). His all round ability and passing skill are at another level and he linked up well with Bradden Inman, who came a live in the second half.

Nice to see Vuckic get another couple and Inman on the scoresheet again.

Can't help but think that as soon as we advance these players though they're gona get bought though, especially now we're in the Championship.

Either get bought or get shite.

If Ashleys still in charge we'll have a v hard time keeping a hold of anyone who impresses. Depends largely on who the manager is at that time aswell though....making the moronic assumption that we might actually have one at some point ofcourse.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nee idea on the Chelsea team, though I half recognised their #9. Most of their players were bitching and moaning with each other and complaining at the ref for not giving free kicks. Ref was a character like, kept calling their #9 'Superstar' when he wanted his attention.