Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Another good sub.

He played alright Alan Smith, went through a lot of work but looked visibly knackered by the end.

Still, decent game.

Smith and Geremi are a big part of the reason we have played better football tonight.

Smith is clearly a better option than Butt despite how much the majority despise Smith.

There is nothing bad Smith does that Butt doesn't do, and in my opinion Smith has more life in his legs and is a less ridiculous passer of the ball.

If we play with the same pace, endeavour and spirit we've shown today, there is no chance we'll be relegated.

All CH has to do is not pick Shola upfront and someone has to find out where Butt is getting treatment and get down there and finish him off.

Makes you sick to thinkt hat if CH had started with today's team and made the same type of subs against Bolton then we would have walked it.

Really upsetting me right now.

Don't know what the hell he was thinking with Shola over the weekend.

:dave:

He does not think.

Besides, I do not think it would have made any difference to be honest.  We seem intent on playing shite against all the shite teams and putting in a good shift against the better teams (but loosing).

Guest firetotheworks

The annoying thing about this match is that even though it was expected, we haven't deserved to lose at all. A draw would have been fair.

If we play with the same pace, endeavour and spirit we've shown today, there is no chance we'll be relegated.

All CH has to do is not pick Shola upfront and someone has to find out where Butt is getting treatment and get down there and finish him off.

This will save our season.

Guest Phil K

Talk gets you no points.

Failing to find the net gets you nul points

Coming home from work I heard we were winning 1-0

I thought we'd be lucky to get beat 1-2, and certain people will talk dross

And lo and behold......

We're running out of games to get the points required. I always reckoned 41 wouldn't be enough this year.

Thinking a defeat is "A good result" is perhaps why we are in the brown stuff.

This will save our season.

Such a simple thing but do any of us have any confidence that the coaches will make the right selections?

:no: