Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Guest Nufc4Life

The thing is, even though we played well, it's a loss, and we will not play that well against the likes of Hull, Stoke etc, we just won't. It's like Fergie has always said, the smaller teams always raise their games against the big clubs, we're no different, tonight was just a game to get out the way, glad we didnt get hammered, but im taking nothing from the performance at all

Great performance, like. Really good stuff....the lads should be proud and they need to take it into the Hull game. If we have that work rate and movement against Hull we'll murder them.

BUT.....I find myself gutted. I think its because A) We handed over the win with such a stupid mistake, and B)....Its Man Utd, I guess.

I don't know which game people were watching, but Alan Smith was absolute horseshit. Needs to be shot.

Also, Tayls, ffs, nothing to say. Just. Hurts.

Well played, lads, all in all. Great effort.

That's reputation alone.

Smith wasn't horseshit. He put in a good shift.

Guest firetotheworks

Ratings

Harper - 6

S Taylor - 4

Colo - 5

Bassong - 6

Enrique - 8

R Taylor - 4

Smith - 4

Geremi - 5

Jonas - 7

Martins - 7

Lovelycakes - 6

Guest stjamestoon

I have just looked at our remaining fixtures and i really, really cant see where we are going to pick up many points. Games like pomp, fulham need to be wins to stay up, losses and we are relegated because we'll be very lucky to get anything from chelsea, arsenal, spurs, villa, liverpool.

Fizzy pop time

haha yeah.  It was the loss to manchester fucking united, the loss no one predicted, that's going to seal it for us.

why pick this, shitty and ugly a loss as it may have been, to use as the bellweather? 

- Sick of being positive (with no return what so ever)

- Have you seen our next 2 home games amongst others

- hard to be positive

- sorry

Geremi is shit slow but twice better than Butt anyway! Geremi hold up the ball well and waits for an opening and goes for an easy pass instead of just trying to hoof it upwards with no target whatsoever a la Butt style!

Guest firetotheworks

Why do people NOW think that were going down after losing to the worlds best team? Fucking daft.

Oba, Lovenkrands, and Jonas must start the next match. All three were very dangerous tonight. Geremi is one of the classier players at this club, but his body just can't keep up at all. A few times today, he did well to anticipate the ball and be in the right position, but the opposition players just disposed of him like he wasn't there.

If that was a good shift from Smith then i dread to think what a bad one looks like. Aye i know we all hate him so we're gonna jump on his back, but sorry, he was shite. Misplaced passes, no movement, and he just seemed to put his teammates in trouble. I know he's short on fitness but it was no different to the Smith we saw last season. Just a thoroughly pointless cog in the engine, tbh. Offered nowt.

I thought Enrique was our best player.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Harper 6

S. Taylor 6

Coloccini 7

Bassong 7

Enrique 7

R. Taylor 2

Smith 3

Geremi 5

Jonas 8

Lovenkrands 7

Martins 7

Guest firetotheworks

I know Im an Enrique fan boy, but I thought he was easily our best player tonight.

Nice passing, some really dangerous crosses, got forward really well and defended without any problems. He really benefits from having Jonas in front of him too.

If that was a good shift from Smith then i dread to think what a bad one looks like. Aye i know we all hate him so we're gonna jump on his back, but sorry, he was shite. Misplaced passes, no movement, and he just seemed to put his teammates in trouble. I know he's short on fitness but it was no different to the Smith we saw last season. Just a thoroughly pointless cog in the engine, tbh. Offered nowt.

I thought Enrique was our best player.

Agree with all of that. Also thought Bassong, barring a couple of mistakes (not marking Vidic on that corner and messing up in front of Ronaldo) looked good, as usual.

Martins was disappointing imo, we need a lot more from him, and need him to be sharper. Love was actually pretty good as well.

I know Im an Enrique fan boy, but I thought he was easily our best player tonight.

Nice passing, some really dangerous crosses, got forward really well and defended without any problems. He really benefits from having Jonas in front of him too.

He was mint.

People need to get a fucking grip some were predicting 7-0 for fucks sake. For twenty five minutes half an hour we caused all kinds of problems. All three goals came about because of individual errors not just the one, I'm not excusing them but it happens.

There are so many positives to take out of this game, injuries and all, yet people take this match of all matches to start doom monging, fucking pathetic man.

Guest Heneage

Fizzy pop time

haha yeah.  It was the loss to manchester f***ing united, the loss no one predicted, that's going to seal it for us.

why pick this, shitty and ugly a loss as it may have been, to use as the bellweather? 

The improving form of the other scrappers is much more of a worry, seeing as it's basically been their results that have kept us out of the relegation zone up to now.

Boro have improved? They have shown tonight that a bit of pace buggers them up, by the sounds of it we played on the counter tonight, so I can see Boro getting beat at ours. Stoke have improved ,but Blackburn tonight have been so average and devoid of ideas.