Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

Was it geordiedean's tone or just his opinion that has upset people? Just out of interest?

The tone was strong, but I do think there is some unfortunate truth in the fact that unless Gazza can find a reason to turn away from this lifestyle, it is going to be very difficult to save the guy.

It's a terrible situation but how do you make someone change in this scenario?

It's the lack of empathy, these things can happen to ANYONE, i hope geordiedean doesn't have to go through mental addiction, because he sure as fuck won't be going on like this if he did.

Ah, okay. It's a truly awful situation that the guy is entrenched in.

Seems like his one joy was football, and once that was gone it all unravelled.

Very difficult to know how to pull someone out of something like this if they're not motivated to change.

Well played Don Hutchison.

Some of the comments on this tweet are fucking shameful. Shows how far we’ve still got to go to eradicate the stigma of mental health issues. Judgemental bastards.

Can understand both points of view on this subject tbh, as someone who’s lived with an alcoholic/recovering alcoholic, sends your emotions all over the shop

That's what I was trying to say before I was lambasted as a heartless tucker. I've lived with an alcoholic and it's tough trying to help someone that is too selfish and wrapped up in themselves to even notice it and accept the help on offer. Gazza as sad as it is to see someone in that condition has had numerous and untold amounts of chances to overcome this much more than your non famous people with addictions and still he chooses the wrong path. Any addiction is awful but you do have put input in yourself to recover as if you don't you'll never recover

Guest chopey

Can understand both points of view on this subject tbh, as someone who’s lived with an alcoholic/recovering alcoholic, sends your emotions all over the shop

agree with this, but after spending a night in Danny Bakers company the British gutter press have basically made and killed Gazza

Guest alijmitchell

Well played Don Hutchison.

Some of the comments on this tweet are fucking shameful. Shows how far we’ve still got to go to eradicate the stigma of mental health issues. Judgemental bastards.

It's vile. I have lots of issues with the way the country 'celebrates' Gazza, and also sometimes in my most bitter moments I wonder why seemingly healthy people die and people who abuse their bodies like him get to live and think that that is unfair...but even at that darkest moment, you see another human being in distress, fucked up, it doesn't harm to be kind, and to want him to get better. No one loses face with that you cunts.

That's what I was trying to say before I was lambasted as a heartless tucker. I've lived with an alcoholic and it's tough trying to help someone that is too selfish and wrapped up in themselves to even notice it and accept the help on offer. Gazza as sad as it is to see someone in that condition has had numerous and untold amounts of chances to overcome this much more than your non famous people with addictions and still he chooses the wrong path. Any addiction is awful but you do have put input in yourself to recover as if you don't you'll never recover

Yeah, I could understand where you were coming from.

People often don't appreciate the view from those who have suffered at the hands of people that have these demons, particularly when they are just kids, and are literally at their mercy, with no escape.

Aye, not good, lad filming it needs a word with himself mind. How about don’t film yourself and try and talk to Gazza like he’s a bloke needing help and not an exhibit for you to display.

Hes had more help than many many people with similar problems. If he can't help himself then he's beyond help and i have no sympathy for the waster

If he can't help himself then he's beyond help and i have no sympathy for the waster

That's what I was trying to say before I was lambasted as a heartless tucker. 

i have no sympathy for the waster

I was lambasted as a heartless tucker. 

You haven't a clue.

He’s got nothing in his life except memories and seemingly enough money to keep filling a void by getting fucked up.

He was never the full shilling upstairs.

You can send him to rehab all you want but when he’s out and he’s left alone with his thoughts, this will keep happening unless he finds something new in life to put his energy into.

He's beyond long term rescuing and it will kill him in the end, for me it's just about how much damage he does to those around him. Not sure, but doesn't seem like his family are there for him any more (could be wrong) and without them he's got no chance. I don't blame them either if they aren't, its tough watching from the sidelines as someone you love destroys themselves.

Guest neesy111

He's beyond long term rescuing and it will kill him in the end, for me it's just about how much damage he does to those around him. Not sure, but doesn't seem like his family are there for him any more (could be wrong) and without them he's got no chance. I don't blame them either if they aren't, its tough watching from the sidelines as someone you love destroys themselves.

Jimmy 5 bellies stopped being his friend as it was massively affecting his life for the worse.

Guest neesy111

He needs help obviously and he will get help but we all know it'll happen again and again sadly.

I grew in in Benwell and Scotswood in the 70's and 80's and I'm sure there are people on here who have similar backgrounds. Chuck in an alcoholic father and to say it was tough was an understatement so I have first hand grade A experience of dealing with people like him.

In any other walk of life, this bloke would be branded a disgrace but because he's 'good 'ole lovable Gazza' who used to be a canny footballer 30 years ago, this somehow warrants him an endless bottomless bucket of sympathy. He has had more chances, more rehab, more cash spent on him than he deserves.

As mentioned by one or two others, these people are not the personalities you think they are. They are selfish and destructive. He's been clean many times and he doesn't like it. He likes being pissed and likes being an alcoholic.

I you think he needs saving again I'm sorry but you are wrong.

I grew in in Benwell and Scotswood in the 70's and 80's and I'm sure there are people on here who have similar backgrounds. Chuck in an alcoholic father and to say it was tough was an understatement so I have first hand grade A experience of dealing with people like him.

In any other walk of life, this bloke would be branded a disgrace but because he's 'good 'ole lovable Gazza' who used to be a canny footballer 30 years ago, this somehow warrants him an endless bottomless bucket of sympathy. He has had more chances, more rehab, more cash spent on him than he deserves.

As mentioned by one or two others, these people are not the personalities you think they are. They are selfish and destructive. He's been clean many times and he doesn't like it. He likes being pissed and likes being an alcoholic.

There’s a huge difference in wanting to stop yourself and being able to stop yourself. If you think he ‘chooses’ this then you’re wrong, first hand experience or not.

:jesuswept:

:jesuswept:

:lol: I thought I'd seen it all in the takeover thread. Now I've seen it all.