Newcastle United 1 - 3 Arsenal - 21/03/09 - Post match reaction from page 16

Nate

Guest LucaAltieri

Who the fuck edited this MOTD coverage? They managed to make the first half look all Arsenal. Twats.

Don't understand the criticism levelled at Harper. He had no chance for any of the goals, and made some great saves, including a few one on ones.

how man you're taught at 7 or 8 not to leave a gap at your near post ffs. Horrible, horrible keeping

Ryan Taylor was shit today, he defines average. Set pieces were pretty poor and he offered nothing in open play. And what the fuck was he doing giving away the free kick for their first goal? Pathetic.

Not a clue why Martins took the penalty and equally confused as to why he took it right footed. It was obvious where he was putting it, he never even looked confident.

Steven Taylor played well until he went off. Hopefully him and Bassong aren't out too long or it's not looking good; we missed them both so much. Good to have Habib back though.

EDIT: As for leaving Jonas on the bench, :kinnear:

I live in Kingston in Surrey atm and therefore watched this with a bunch of Arsenal 'fans'.

Every last one of them was clueless.  When it was 0-0, this absolute knacker-job behind me goes "just cos they're still drawing with us, the Newcastle fans think they're doing really well".  And when we had a half-opening and our fans were encouraging us to go forward he was going "what they getting excited about?" in a mocking tone.  The arrogance of them all was astonishing.  If I'd been a bit more drunk and a bit less depressed I'd have turned around and said "that's not the f***ing point is it?  We're third bottom, you're fourth top, we need any break we can get and you haven't any idea what you're on about".  But as I say I was sober and wary and what difference would it have made?  Instead I sat there and told my disinterested girlfriend that the pub was full of gobshites.

I should say at this point that this lad only arrived at the pub at half time.  When they scored the pub went mental.  When we scored soon after I shouted YES, GETTTIN!  The moron behind me shut up about Newcastle fans when he realised where I was from but was still a complete dick regardless.  I'd have loved to have won if only to have surpressed their general smugness, but of course it means a hell of a lot more to me and to all of you than that.

I guess my general point is that I hate that I couldn't have been up there today even though we lost.  It completely depresses me that some clubs have far better teams than their fans deserve and vice versa.  Our fans are not perfect but I'm certain that we care more than most.  Maybe somehow with some twisted logic at play, that's to our detriment.  But I can't for the life of me see how that works.

I live in Kingston in Surrey atm and therefore watched this with a bunch of Arsenal 'fans'.

Every last one of them was clueless.  When it was 0-0, this absolute knacker-job behind me goes "just cos they're still drawing with us, the Newcastle fans think they're doing really well".  And when we had a half-opening and our fans were encouraging us to go forward he was going "what they getting excited about?" in a mocking tone.  The arrogance of them all was astonishing.  If I'd been a bit more drunk and a bit less depressed I'd have turned around and said "that's not the f***ing point is it?  We're third bottom, you're fourth top, we need any break we can get and you haven't any idea what you're on about".  But as I say I was sober and wary and what difference would it have made?  Instead I sat there and told my disinterested girlfriend that the pub was full of gobshites.

I should say at this point that this lad only arrived at the pub at half time.  When they scored the pub went mental.  When we scored soon after I shouted YES, GETTTIN!  The moron behind me shut up about Newcastle fans when he realised where I was from but was still a complete dick regardless.  I'd have loved to have won if only to have surpressed their general smugness, but of course it means a hell of a lot more to me and to all of you than that.

I guess my general point is that I hate that I couldn't have been up there today even though we lost.  It completely depresses me that some clubs have far better teams than their fans deserve and vice versa.  Our fans are not perfect but I'm certain that we care more than most.  Maybe somehow with some twisted logic at play, that's to our detriment.  But I can't for the life of me see how that works.

Totally agree, fans of Man U Arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool need at least a good 5 year spell in the real doldrums to make them wise up a bit.

Yeah, I got the impression with these lot that they picked and choosed when Arsenal was a part of their lives if you know what I mean.  But they still shouted and all that as if they were fanatical about their football team.  All talk and no substance, sums up a lot of the folk down here pretty well.

Maybe i just experienced a bad, uncommited bunch today (this was Kingston not North London after all) but I wanted to leave the pub except for the fact that every other pub was showing the rugby!  Rugby!  You know, over football, mental.

I can't remember ever being as arrogant when Newcastle were in the top 4.  I expected to win sometimes but I never went on like it was a divine right and spoke like such an idiot about the opposition.

Thought Butt was absolutely horrible today  :angry:

Harper - 6 got a touch on the 1st and 3rd goals could have done better on both I feel.

S.Taylor - 8.5 Definately our best player today. Some crucial interventions/blocks.

Bassong - 7 was looking solid till his injury. Fingers crossed it isn't too bad but it looks like he could be out for  few weeks  :thdn:

Colo - 6 Was pretty poor today

Enrique - 7 Was pretty solid in my view and did some decent attacking in the first half. Was progressively worse as the game went on.

R. Taylor - 4.5 woeful

Nolan - 5.5 lost the ball to often and put in maybe one decnt ball all day.

Butt - 3.5 - made me cry

Duff - 6.5 - Was angry when I saw him start ahead of Jonas but was easily our best midfielder today

McLoven 6.5 Was pretty quiet today and maybe should have done better with that chance form the cross. Speed makes him a dangerous player

Martins - 7 Right footed penalty?  :angry: Was good otherwise

Beye - 7 Good to see him back. Was maybe at fault for leaving too much space between himself and Colo for the 2nd and 3rd but while at Right back was good.

Owen - 5 Did he get a touch?

Ameobi - 5 Why bother ?

Why are people so angry that Martins used his right foot? He can use both feet you know. Crap pelanty sure, but him using his right foot has nothing to do with it.

Thought to much about trying to send the keeper the wrong way, tried to be acurate instead of blasting it.

Guest Heneage

Had a few hours to reflect so.

Harper - 5 You can see why he was back up now to be honest. I hated agreeing with my Dad but Shay would have stopped 2 of those today. He's one of the quietest Keepers I've seen.

Taylor - 8 New found love for this lad only one truly earning his wages his nigh tears at having to come off filled me with a sense of pride that at leastone of our XI truly is fighting for the shirt.

Beye -7 First game back little he can do, will be huge for us, as he really does help calm the defence down.

Bassong 8- I'll quite happily stick my cock in the orgy that's already surronding this lad, he really dealt with their top strikers like they were kids picked from a kick about in the park, cool calm, and a physical beast, along with Beye he will be massive for us.

Colocinni 6.5- I like him he just needs to settle down, cut out a few important passes today so clearly has a good reading of the game, just his positional sense lets him down on occassion.

Enrique 7.5 - had lots of flack this season wrongly in my opinion, did well again and its frustrating to say but at times is why we have a good defence, clearly better playing behind Jonas as.

Ryan Taylor 5- Clearly a Right Back, put some decent deliveries in and did well for winning the penalty, clearly a very simple right back and squad player at best, starting to regret selling Zoggy for him though.

Butt- 3 Was he there? I'd be embarassed and offer up retirement if I was him, he gets mugged by players every week  now.

Nolan- 5 I'd stay off the Chinese buffets you didn't even look like catching Diaby today.

Duff 5 - He's like your first love as a teenager you remember the sweetness the joy, how great it was to have them around but 20 years later, they are fat balding smoke 20 a day and drink like a fish with a dry throat. I remember when he had pace and caused defenders trouble, I think Tav of the academy would deal with him now without breaking a sweat.

Martins -7  That penalty, you might not look young but you looked like a timid lamb stepping up for thatpenalty, its all well and good doing the fist pumps and the passion when you score, how about showing that hustle when its 0-0. Even on a shite game he made good passes and was a threat. We need his goals now more than ever.

Lovenkrands- 6.5 I'm praying to God he will not be one of these players who misses chance after chance possibly should have scored today but his pace is a useful second outlet outside of Oba.

SUBS

Owen - See Duff really, I don't think he's quite gathered that no one fucking wants him here anymore, I personally hate the bloke, I hope he bogs off sooner rather than later.

Ameobi- Cretin.