Time To Make Our Feelings Known Again?

Skirge

I never envisioned experiencing a higher level of revulsion - directed against a board/owner - in comparison to how i felt towards the bastards McKeag and Seymour Jr during the mid to late 80's.

For me the bloke who is awarded the opportunity, by sheer chance, and takes advantage of it by belting the absolute & living s*** out of Ashley will earn a spot in the club's folklore - unofficially, and also for the *better.

*it will send a message to any potential suitor that the club isn't some sort of clever marketing extension to a tycoon's central business empire only to be run on the cheap with regards to the footballing side of the equation ie. a well-known brand-name to accompany & compliment their current portfolio of related investments (Dunlop etc etc).

At the end of the day, banners for managers, banners for players, for people out people in are pointless. We've 8 games to just get behind the team. I don't care who owns us, or who is "Manager" be he interim, caretaker, garden tender, whatever. I'm cheering Newcastle nobody else. When we secure league status then we can argue about the twats in the posh seats.

amazing someone out there still thinks "getting behind the lads" is going to have any kind of effect on this group of players or the management team

will it fuck

At the end of the day, banners for managers, banners for players, for people out people in are pointless. We've 8 games to just get behind the team. I don't care who owns us, or who is "Manager" be he interim, caretaker, garden tender, whatever. I'm cheering Newcastle nobody else. When we secure league status then we can argue about the twats in the posh seats.

amazing someone out there still thinks "getting behind the lads" is going to have any kind of effect on this group of players or the management team

will it fuck

Exactly

Guest Heneage

will it f***

I didn't say it will have any effect, but what else can we actually do.Do you honestly think ploughing money into a banner will do anything? I don't care about anything else anymore, I'm going to do what I've done since I started supporting this club, I'm going to give them my support, I don't know what if any effect it will have but I also don't care.

will it f***

I didn't say it will have any effect, but what else can we actually do.Do you honestly think ploughing money into a banner will do anything? I don't care about anything else anymore, I'm going to do what I've done since I started supporting this club, I'm going to give them my support, I don't know what if any effect it will have but I also don't care.

fair enough, i was taking your post in relation to the OP which was what would make a difference, i.e. somehow getting the message through to ashley that a new manager until the end of the season might actually save us but the status quo will not

for my two penneth i think he's wrote it off, simply is no other explanation

Its probably a bit late to protest. Ashley did a great job of stopping it all in September/October when he said he was selling the club. Everyone calmed down, accepted Kinnear as a short term manager and that Ashley would sell. Now however we see that all that shite from Ashley at the time was just to get the fans off his back for a bit. It worked and he took the club off the market again when things had calmed down enough.

We made the mistake of believing Ashley at the time, everyone stopped the protests, he stuck his middle finger up at us, and we are where we are. It was a masterstroke by Ashley at the time. The fans and the media all fell for it.

I am not s\ying protest, no singing JK oot or ASshley is a fat cunt, just an obivious display of support for a change of management,  and I reckon that Ashley would look at the option as long as e are not to in his face about it and are not asking for a top top manager that would cost a fortune and is more likley to laugh in his face.

So Roberto Martinez or Temuri Ketsbaia, the 2nd probably the best option as someone who would come now and IMO would have a positive impact. All we need a is a good fer banners at the match a 1 thats going to get good media coverage such as Chelski and I am sure SSN would be alover it.

I hope we don

the shit really will hit the fan if we fail to beat Fulham at home and that confirms us as relegated.

Still, I don't believe Ashley will do much, if anything at all, despite what could escalate into a full-scale riot breaking out in and around SJP.

Get that pitch invaded.

I hope the idiots don't go and smash up the town if we get relegated. I can imagine it raining season ticket cards on the last home game of the season though.

Howay man kicked off big style after getting beat int he FA Cup final, relegation will see hell on, even more so if Ashley does nothign from now until the end of the season to try and stop us going down.

I hope the idiots don't go and smash up the town if we get relegated. I can imagine it raining season ticket cards on the last home game of the season though.

My worry as well, can't see it not happening though.

Howay man kicked off big style after getting beat int he FA Cup final, relegation will see hell on, even more so if Ashley does nothign from now until the end of the season to try and stop us going down.

Yes but what has that got to do with idiots smashing up Newcastle City Centre? There is no justification for that. If something doesn't go your way at work you don't go home and smash your house up do you?

I'm really worried about what might happen if we go down, to the city as well as the club.

I just hope that if it does happen it is confirmed after an away game, might take the focus off a bit. Hopefully people will just stay at home being depressed rather than smash the place up.

Yes but what has that got to do with idiots smashing up Newcastle City Centre? There is no justification for that. If something doesn't go your way at work you don't go home and smash your house up do you?

Oh I am not saying they will be right, fk no its a mental stupid thing to do all I am saying is you can see it coming, its bound to happen.

Guest Brazilianbob

Far better to set up a Greenham Common type camp right on Ashley's doorstep, wherever that is down south.  Imagine the entrance to his "stately home", surrounded by a camp of dirty, unwashed NUFC louts swilling cheap lager and peacefully demonstrating against him and his regime at NUFC.  That will do wonders for property prices in the area.

Oh I am not saying they will be right, fk no its a mental stupid thing to do all I am saying is you can see it coming, its bound to happen.

Wasnt great in 96 either after we blew the premier league title

Agreed.. its nailed on to happen

the s*** really will hit the fan if we fail to beat Fulham at home and that confirms us as relegated.

Still, I don't believe Ashley will do much, if anything at all, despite what could escalate into a full-scale riot breaking out in and around SJP.

with fulhams defensive record this season and their recent form compared to ours i have a horrible feeling we wont be able to beat them.

And all this talk of protesting and making our feelings known, what good will it do? Not many managers would want to come here at this point in time based on the fact that we are quite clearly in freefall, our back-room and boardroom setups leave much to be desired and the amount of preasure that would be heaped on anybody by the fans is more than what its worth

will it fuck

Exactly

Why bother turning up when you can stay at home and enjoy it on that shiny telly?

Pathetic attitude to be honest.

Its probably a bit late to protest. Ashley did a great job of stopping it all in September/October when he said he was selling the club. Everyone calmed down, accepted Kinnear as a short term manager and that Ashley would sell. Now however we see that all that shite from Ashley at the time was just to get the fans off his back for a bit. It worked and he took the club off the market again when things had calmed down enough.

We made the mistake of believing Ashley at the time, everyone stopped the protests, he stuck his middle finger up at us, and we are where we are. It was a masterstroke by Ashley at the time. The fans and the media all fell for it.

Not true, a certain section of supporters realised that the protest path would only contribute to a situation similar to today's. Without going down the whole "the fans are to blame" route, you'd be somewhat deluded to firmly believe that the fans actions and opinions since Keegan's departure haven't contributed to the fact we've ended up down near the bottom.

Still don't think we'll get relegated - based firmly on 172 minutes of our last two home performances against Man Utd and Arsenal (the best two sides in the league IMO).

If the magic trio can conjur up a way of repeating that against Fulham, Pompey and Boro, we'll be a couple of points from survival.