England Double Header (Slovakia and Ukraine)

Neil

I still follow England strongly, dont understand why anyone wouldnt. Suppose some set their expectations high & get bored of being let down. But our fans should be more used to that than anyone else.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I am always amazed at the amount of English people who don't care about their national team. I can't even imagine not caring about my country. It's the same with pretty much everyone I know. I mean even the old ladies in my family are very interested during the major tournaments. I mean is it just an English thing, or do the Irish and Welsh (I woudn't blame them tbh :lol:) have the same mentality  as well.

Problem with Englands fans is everyone takes their grudges from the prem into the national game.

So they hate Lampard, or Gerrard, or Rooney etc when they appear for England simply because they dislike them in the prem. While ignoring the fact that these are class players who are representing our country & we should be glad of that. The premiership has taken over massively, clubs over country for most nowadays. Should be equal Imo.

Never felt much towards England.

Fans are generally wankers (especially abroad) and have little feeling towards any of the players other than dislike from the way they play & act for their clubs

EDIT: good point Jayson

Very much the same in Liverpool and Manchester, think they're very much a southern supported team whereas northern fans are more likely to be club orientated.

Doesn't help England have been like watching paint dry for a while now.

There's quite a bit of apathy in Ireland towards the national team tbh, though I can't understand it myself.

Maybe it's because the rugby has gotten so popular the last few years with the national team and Munster being as a good as they have been.

Still watch all the games myself though and shout at the TV as I would if Newcastle were playing.

Didnt realise this was just a friendly. How come this isnt a qualifier when most other teams are playing them? Especially when these 2 have to play each other anyway? Seems strange.

That's why they were hiding the tops.

They're fucking horrible.

Thought you'd like them tbh. ???

What made you think that?

The only thing I do like is the fact that Heskey is wearing one of those today rather than one of ours.

SHARE THE PAIN!

The only thing I do like is the fact that Heskey is wearing one of those today rather than one of ours.

SHARE THE PAIN!

Dunno, just the fact they're very basic and retro. Plain colours; thought that would be right up your street. ;)

SHARE THE PAIN!

Dunno, just the fact they're very basic and retro. Plain colours; thought that would be right up your street. ;)

I like the design, the badge looks spazzy.

Heskey is going to come off.

His ankles are fucked, incidentally, the club took a gamble and are downplaying it, but they are.

Ah!

Over the bar from three feet. That's more like it.

Guest The Libertine

Good through balls & good movement. Complete opposite of newcastle so far.

what a shit comment.