England Double Header (Slovakia and Ukraine)

Neil

Just switched 5 Live on and just heard Lampard score. I could hardly hear any cheers.... is there anyone inside Wembley ?

Yeah but seems like a bit of a pointless game & not much to cheer for. Could be 5 or 6 by this point. Kind of expected.

All over. 4-0

Played decently, seemed to easy. Cant tell if that was us being class or Slovakia being useless.

Atleast we're playing to our ability more now and not going dodgy against the weaker sides.

Look foward to Ukraine game more, hope we keep it up.

All over. 4-0

Played decently, seemed to easy. Cant tell if that was us being class or Slovakia being useless.

Atleast we're playing to our ability more now and not going dodgy against the weaker sides.

Look foward to Ukraine game more, hope we keep it up.

Would like to see us put a marker down and not only go unbeaten in our group but possibly get a 100% record. See no reason why we can't. Just a question of putting our on-paper superiority into practice.

Before anyone suggests it, I'm not saying this means we'll do brilliantly at the WC. Our real test is whether we can perform consistently against top sides. The answer at the moment is a resounding no.

I think England will come closer next World Cup than they have in a long, long time.

Capello is a winner, and by the time the WC rolls round I expect he'll have them playing the type of football that'll take them a long way.

Obviously I hope England fail :lol:

Though I'd take a certain satisfaction from Michael Owen not being part of the squad that won a major tournament. Would be beautiful really.

Though I'd take a certain satisfaction from Michael Owen not being part of the squad that won a major tournament. Would be beautiful really.

Would last about 2 seconds, then you would realise England just won the WC and lose the will to live.

I think England will come closer next World Cup than they have in a long, long time.

Capello is a winner, and by the time the WC rolls round I expect he'll have them playing the type of football that'll take them a long way.

Nail on head.

Would last about 2 seconds, then you would realise England just won the WC and lose the will to live.

It's very much a silver lining, at best. :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Nail on head.

Ditto.

Rooney - incredible yet again.

We played very well going forward, but I'm a bit worried the back four might let us down in the end. Terry seems to lose confidence the minute he puts on an England shirt. Ashley Cole looks careless. Glen Johnson I like, but he just needs to push himself a bit more.