Ireland Internationals

Decky

Had three good chances, when you're the underdog like we were you simply can't afford to make a mess of them like we did tonight.

French goal was coming when it happened, but fuck that was some flukey heap of shite.  :angry:

Ah well, will save me a couple of hundred quid next summer I suppose.

It was quite funny listening to Ray Houghton absolutely slate Leon Best at every available opportunity,

Thought Best did pretty well for a guy who'd obviously never been involved in a game of football before.

It was quite funny listening to Ray Houghton absolutely slate Leon Best at every available opportunity,

Thought Best did pretty well for a guy who'd obviously never been involved in a game of football before.

Considering he's a championship striker up against Champion league defenders...

Considering he's a championship striker up against Champion league defenders...

Doesn't excuse clearly not being familiar with the offside rule.

I honestly think Ireland have a chance in Paris.

It'll be tough, France kept the ball so easily at times last night.

Just need to defend well, keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible and try and nick something from the odd set piece we get.

Getting through would pretty much be a miracle though, after last night you get the feeling that luck isn't on our side.

I honestly think Ireland have a chance in Paris.

It'll be tough, France kept the ball so easily at times last night.

Just need to defend well, keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible and try and nick something from the odd set piece we get.

Getting through would pretty much be a miracle though, after last night you get the feeling that luck isn't on our side.

True. A lot of the time there wasn't the high-octane performance I was expecting from an Ireland side, at home, against a France team who have problems.

Whether that was their superior technical ability or a poor performance from Ireland wasn't entirely clear. I'd like to think the latter, because if you can go at them full-tilt, I think you'll ruffle a few feathers. Need to score first though.

I think Ireland will go at France and they'll get picked off. France will torture them for the last half an hour or so.

Several-0

(That said, I hope Ireland pull a performance out of the bag)

I hope Ireland pull a performance out of the bag and are one nil up with 5 mins to go and then Shay puts the ball down, Anelka does a 'Dublin', runs from behind him and nicks the ball, scores a tap in and proceeds to pull a mooney in Shay and Duff's faces. Oh and Robbie Keane's too.