Ireland Internationals

Decky

It's all well and good changing manager, but we need an attitude change if we want to think about qualifying for major tournaments any time soon. Trapattoni was only ever going to be a short-term solution. They need to go out and hire a manager with a long term strategy to overhaul the system. Someone who will blood the young players and try to build a decent side in years to come. I'm not sure that the FAI is capable of making those kind of decisions.  :undecided:

even that is at best medium term thinking, what needs to be done is a complete overhaul of football in this country from grassroots to the top. Problem is thats too much effort and would require actually acknowledging the existence of the league of ireland clubs which is just inconvenient and Mr Delany has much more important things to think about like what drink to buy now.

all good things must come to an end. Now I saw this idea on twitter and I like it, offer the job to Alex Ferguson as a nice little retirement job to keep him busy

he's got a job with manyoo

I'm sure the prospect of bullying reporters could tempt him back to real management and hey more time between games for what he wants to do. Hell its worth a try even if theres a limited chance

I'd really like the to go for (and will probably get slated for this) Hoddle. Don't know if he'd take the job but it would be interesting. He certainly had England playing nice football before he got Mystic Meg involved. Also see René Meulensteen is in the betting, that's the out of the box thinking that would be great but again I doubt he'd take the job and it's not the FAI way to think creatively like that.

• 4 weeks later...