Ireland Internationals

Decky

What a f***ing farce that was, now we are in danger of losing out on 2nd place as Bulgaria have a game in hand and we still have to play them away from home and Italy twice. Trap needs to f***ing call up Ireland and Reid man.

"we" :mackems:

Yes.... we

thought you were from northern ireland...as in born and bred there ?

Im not even going to bother explaining myself to you, what is the point when you will just pick faults with whatever I say. It is also no concern of yours. Move on madras

i'll only pick faults if there's faults to be picked at.

You dont even know me and yet you assume so much, that is the only fault I see here.

what am i assuming ?

That I have no right to support the Republic and that I should be support Northern Ireland by the looks of it.

you have the right to support whoever the hell you want, you'll find i'm always curious as to what reasons people have for supporting teams other than those they have more connection with.

now i'll just assume you have something to hide as you appear very defensive about it.

Im not being defensive about it at all. Tell you what ill let you win this one and explain myself.

I support the Republic because everyone I know supports them, and you will find that alot of people in the North support them. There isn't alot of room for "Catholics" in Windsor Park, or at least the opinion around most of the "catholic" areas suggests that. If Northern Ireland are playing, you would hear stuff like "those black cunts up the road won tonight". Now I dont say shit like that, but you get the idea of what opinion is like over here. I dont look at the politics, I was brought up supporting Ireland, my family all support them, all my friends do. My local runs bus loads to every home game. The town I grew up in lives and breaths the Republic when they are playing, as im sure places like Derry do aswell. It is the way it is, but it doesnt make me any less a supporter, ive supported them all my life just as much as any other 21 year old born and raised 8 miles down the road has.

Im not being defensive about it at all. Tell you what ill let you win this one and explain myself.

I support the Republic because everyone I know supports them, and you will find that alot of people in the North support them. There isn't alot of room for "Catholics" in Windsor Park, or at least the opinion around most of the "catholic" areas suggests that. If Northern Ireland are playing, you would hear stuff like "those black c***s up the road won tonight". Now I dont say s*** like that, but you get the idea of what opinion is like over here. I dont look at the politics, I was brought up supporting Ireland, my family all support them, all my friends do. My local runs bus loads to every home game. The town I grew up in lives and breaths the Republic when they are playing, as im sure places like Derry do aswell. It is the way it is, but it doesnt make me any less a supporter, ive supported them all my life just as much as any other 21 year old born and raised down there has.

there now that wasn't so hard was it you paranoid glory hunter you.

I support the Republic because everyone I know supports them, and you will find that alot of people in the North support them. There isn't alot of room for "Catholics" in Windsor Park, or at least the opinion around most of the "catholic" areas suggests that. If Northern Ireland are playing, you would hear stuff like "those black c***s up the road won tonight". Now I dont say s*** like that, but you get the idea of what opinion is like over here. I dont look at the politics, I was brought up supporting Ireland, my family all support them, all my friends do. My local runs bus loads to every home game. The town I grew up in lives and breaths the Republic when they are playing, as im sure places like Derry do aswell. It is the way it is, but it doesnt make me any less a supporter, ive supported them all my life just as much as any other 21 year old born and raised down there has.

Its a touchy subject which is why im careful about getting into it. You get ignorant people who give people grief about this sort of thing without even realising what they are talking about. Im not saying you are like that, but anyone could have just nit picked at that post and the next 3 pages would be arguments about the politics of Ireland, once again.

Its a touchy subject which is why im careful about getting into it. You get ignorant people who give people grief about this sort of thing without even realising what they are talking about. Im not saying you are like that, but anyone could have just nit picked at that post and the next 3 pages would be arguments about the politics of Ireland, once again.

doubt anyone would ever think to put ireland,politics and religion together.

Guest Heneage

I don't intend to nit pick, but why do you support the ROI if you are living in NI? Just curious.

I don't intend to nit pick, but why do you support the ROI if you are living in NI? Just curious.

You cannot be serious? Read the damn posts you quoted man.

Alright there John McEnroe :lol:

Guest Heneage

Apologies I'm still waking up.

Im stunned i got asked that question by someone who quoted the answer to it :lol:

Apologies I'm still waking up.

:razz:

Im stunned i got asked that question by someone who quoted the answer to it :lol:

As soon as I read "You cannot be serious?" I thought of McEnroe :lol:

Just landed back up from my excursion down for the game, and I have to say, we played fucking shit. Was down by the corner where both goals were scored, and thought after 2 minutes we'd be coasting to an easy victory...

If anything, we scored too early, and as a result, the lads didn't even turn up. Whelan and Andrews may as well not have been there. Ended up being O'Shea and Dunne just constantly lumping it up for Doyle to flick on, when Robbie was always dropping deep, so, we basically just gave the ball away every time. Kilbane was brutal, got found out over and over again, and was day dreaming for that og. Shit, the whole stand could see Petrov drifting into space, but no fucker picked him up. Very poor all round, and a major disappointment, being that Bulgaria without M Petrov and Berbatov are a poor team. 2 points dropped imo. Hopefully we can pick ourselves up for the game in Bari. I hoped for 4 points from these 2 games, but now we'll be lucky to get 2. A defeat there, and Bulgaria could be very much back in the running...

Had a good enough night out in Dublin nonetheless....  :blush:

I'm coming to the conclusion Trapatonni is past it,  his tactics make Fat Sam look fucking gung-ho in comparison. I'm sick to death of his bloody 'system'. He has two defensive midfielders that can't even do their fucking job properly - Keith Andrews and Glenn Whelan, the latter is one of the worst players I've seen in a green shirt, I hope he starts against us. Bulgaria had the bulk of possession but it was clear they are no great shakes - whenever Keane, Doyle and McGeady ran at them they looked extremely dodgy. I hate to say it, but we had that fat mackem poppinfresh Reid on the pitch we would have won, he would be doing so much better than Sunderland if he could pass a pie-shop as well as he can pass a ball.

I'm coming to the conclusion Trapatonni is past it,  his tactics make Fat Sam look fucking gung-ho in comparison. I'm sick to death of his bloody 'system'. He has two defensive midfielders that can't even do their fucking job properly - Keith Andrews and Glenn Whelan, the latter is one of the worst players I've seen in a green shirt, I hope he starts against us. Bulgaria had the bulk of possession but it was clear they are no great shakes - whenever Keane, Doyle and McGeady ran at them they looked extremely dodgy. I hate to say it, but we had that fat mackem poppinfresh Reid on the pitch we would have won, he would be doing so much better than Sunderland if he could pass a pie-shop as well as he can pass a ball.

Im getting fed up of Dunphy etc moaning and complaining :lol: I just want them to be happy :( The tactics last night were a disgrace, what makes it worse is that Trapatonni didnt bother his arse changing it.

Guest Heneage

The whole Stephen Ireland situation is a bit shit. He can't play for anyone else, and doesn't look like he will playing for the Republic anytime soon, shame with such a talent.

today's fiver:

MOUTH TRAP

As soon as his armoured alarm clock rang this morning, Giovanni

O'Trapattoni unlocked his eyes, removed the safety clamps from his

bed and ordered a squadron of bodyguards to fetch his bullet-proof

dressing gown. After running a mine-sweeper across the carpet, the

ultra-cautious Republic O'Ireland manager travelled in a cavalcade to

his kitchen and poured cornflakes from a transparent box before

coating them in milk freshly regurgitated by a hired tester. All pens

and sharp objects having been removed from his padded home, the

veteran technician set about drafting his game-plan for O'Ireland's

forthcoming World Cup qualifier against Italy with two blocks of

cheese and a packet of toilet roll, and still made more sense than he

does in most press conferences.

Pointedly wiping the gorgonzola with not three but four sheets of

Andrex Extra Strength, O'Trapattoni made it clear he will be aiming

for a 0-0 draw on Wednesday, as always. Then, dispensing with the

dairy and hygiene products in favour of another prop, he used trusted

mouthpiece Liam Brady to claim that the Azzurri are so scared of

O'Ireland that they too are being extremely careful. "I know the

Italian Federation, when they feel it's a difficult match, they like

to take their games down south," droned Brady by way of explanation

for the match being played in Bari, where Italy have never lost.

"When they are much more confident, they play up north, so it's a

good sign for us that we are playing there." The identity of the

player whom Marcello Lippi has called up in place of the injured

Antonio di Natale attests to just how frightened the Italians are of

O'Ireland. "I will not be calling up anyone in place of Di Natale,"

drawled Lippi from a beach chair.

Meanwhile in Belfast, euphoria over Norn Iron's 3-2 victory over

Poland seemed to have died down as striker Warren Feeney donned the

chastened expression of Jacqui Smith's husband and confessed to some

rather embarrassing TV viewing. "We were sitting in our rooms on

Saturday morning watching Football Focus," admitted a shame-faced

Feeney before adding. "Mark Lawrenson and Martin Keown were having a

pop at us, saying we had no quality in our side ... OK, they're

entitled to their opinions but it really did give us an extra edge,

if any were needed, to go out and beat the Poles." Lawrenson was

unavailable for comment this afternoon. OK, he probably was, we just

didn't bother asking him. Hopefully our attitude will catch on.

:lol: