Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest elbee909

Surely Shearer's decision now rest solely on who buys the club and what terms they can offer him.  If someone buys the club that is, I foresee a long period in limbo with no manager, no funds and no direction.

If someone, or group, takes over the club I'd expect them to have their own ideas of who should be manager if they're planning on showing ambition (ie...putting some cash into it)

If it was me who was rich enough to take over the club and throw millions at it I probably wouldn't be automatically appointing Shearer.

Have to agree there.

Surely Shearer's decision now rest solely on who buys the club and what terms they can offer him.  If someone buys the club that is, I foresee a long period in limbo with no manager, no funds and no direction.

If someone, or group, takes over the club I'd expect them to have their own ideas of who should be manager if they're planning on showing ambition (ie...putting some cash into it)

If it was me who was rich enough to take over the club and throw millions at it I probably wouldn't be automatically appointing Shearer.

:thup:

The reaction will be interesting depending on who gets appointed instead.

I can see administration coming our way very quickly.

The club is just an utter fucking mess.

Why?

You know that companies go into administration to protect themselves from their creditors, right?

Do you know who our only creditor of note is?

Why do people take this s*** seriously?  These are the same idiots who claimed we'd go into administration if we lost against Chelsea, did that happen?  The only news this lot of horrible c***s ever get right is news they create themselves, I hope everyone involved with them dies a slow and painful death.

Im sure most was saying exactly this when there was CONSTANT reports that Keegan and the guys above him didn't get on and we passed it off as typical media shit.

Until the situation erupted and they were completely proved right.

Spout enough shit and eventually you'll be right once or twice.  How about the other 1 million or so times they've been wrong? :lol:

Why do people take this s*** seriously? These are the same idiots who claimed we'd go into administration if we lost against Chelsea, did that happen? The only news this lot of horrible c***s ever get right is news they create themselves, I hope everyone involved with them dies a slow and painful death.

Im sure most was saying exactly this when there was CONSTANT reports that Keegan and the guys above him didn't get on and we passed it off as typical media shit.

Spout enough shit and eventually you'll be right once or twice. How about the other 1 million or so times they've been wrong? :lol:

To be fair there was an absolute shitload of stuff about Keegan not being happy etc and it ALL turned out to be true.

I've noticed there's been quite a number of 'insider' stuff since Shearer took over btw.

Why do people take this s*** seriously?  These are the same idiots who claimed we'd go into administration if we lost against Chelsea, did that happen?  The only news this lot of horrible c***s ever get right is news they create themselves, I hope everyone involved with them dies a slow and painful death.

Spout enough shit and eventually you'll be right once or twice.  How about the other 1 million or so times they've been wrong? :lol:

To be fair there was an absolute shitload of stuff about Keegan not being happy etc and it ALL turned out to be true.

I've noticed there's been quite a number of 'insider' stuff since Shearer took over btw.

No doubt some of the papers had real info at the time, big stretch to say all the stories were right though.  Also a big stretch to use the situation to lend credence to the likes of the News of the World.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/takeover-delays-deal-for-shearer-1693869.html

Takeover delays deal for Shearer

Ashley's decision to sell puts permanent contract for Newcastle manager on hold

By Michael Walker

Monday, 1 June 2009

Alan Shearer's desire to be appointed permanent manager of Newcastle United has not been affected by owner Mike Ashley's decision to put the club up for sale again, but Shearer's future in part now rests on the accountants of the banks involved in brokering a sale and those dealing with Newcastle's existing loans.

Shearer was not taken by surprise when news of Ashley's decision to sell filtered out on Saturday night. In the discussions between the two men last week Ashley made it clear that he was planning to sell up and that he was prepared to take a massive hit on the £250m he says that he has put into Newcastle. The price is £100m and in the current climate, Ashley is likely to be forced to accept less.

The presence last Wednesday at the training ground of Keith Harris, the banker commissioned to broker a deal for Ashley when he first put Newcastle on the market last September, was significant and Harris's bank Seymour Pierce has again been charged with finding a buyer. It was being said in the City of London yesterday that there is a candidate already in the wings. Seymour Pierce will be officially appointed today.

An outline four-year contract for Shearer and his assistants Iain Dowie and Paul Ferris has been agreed, but until that is ratified by banks dealing with outstanding financial details, there are unlikely to be any signatures. It is hoped within the club that the issue can be sorted out this week.

Ashley agrees that selling the club with Shearer already on board and making decisions makes it more attractive, and transfer details and budgets have again been agreed upon. But a prospective buyer, or bank guarantors, would presumably wish to have some input into Shearer's contract, particularly if it is for four years.

The £150m-£180m loss that Ashley is set to incur means that the debts he inherited from the previous regime at St James' Park are wiped out. In time that will come to be seen as his greatest contribution to an otherwise frighteningly unstable two years at the club.

Shearer's eight-game contract expired eight days ago but the 38-year-old still went into the training ground every day last week and is expected to do so again this week. But Shearer needs and wants to get on with reshaping the relegated squad. Michael Owen is one of those who will depart, his contract is up and it is implausible that he will be offered another, but Everton's interest may not be as strong as Owen hopes.

Ashley's perceived disillusion on Tyneside became clear when he was quoted on Saturday night saying: "It [his ownership] has been catastrophic for everybody. I've lost my money and I've made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can ... advisers will be appointed shortly."

Asked if he regretted buying the club he said: "Of course I regret it. I never said I was an expert in football clubs. I was just a fan – although a very wealthy fan. But I'm not so wealthy now. I put my money into it and I tried my best. But I accept my best was woefully short. I am genuinely sorry for everybody about what has happened."

"Newcastle's best asset has been, is and always will be the fans," he added. "But like any business with assets, the club has debts. I paid £134m out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110m into the club, not to pay off the debt, but just to reduce it."

Good news, I think.

Can someone kind please sum up exactly how in the shit we are atm? I mean, i've read nowt today and don't have a serious understanding of the financial situation anyway. All this talk of halving the overdraft and whatnot... is administration around the corner or what?

Can someone kind please sum up exactly how in the shit we are atm? I mean, i've read nowt today and don't have a serious understanding of the financial situation anyway. All this talk of halving the overdraft and whatnot... is administration around the corner or what?

Highly unlikely.

So... the only thing i should really be worried about be: we haven't got a manager, we're going to have a seriously depleted squad by July 1st, and we stand a chance of being miles behind every other Championship club in terms of next-season preparation...? Footballing reasons, basically...

That's all, right? :lol:

Guest neesy111

The journal say's shearer wants 50k a week i.e. 2.5 million a year

sorry alan but you don't need the money, put the club first not your bank account (he's already loaded 3rd richest football in the country)

The journal say's shearer wants 50k a week i.e. 2.5 million a year

sorry alan but you don't need the money, put the club first not your bank account (he's already loaded 3rd richest football in the country)

Don't be silly man. This is Shearer.

He's worth twice that.  He's willing to put his all into this and will be the most important man at the club.  Bearing in mind we allegedly have 15 blokes on the books earning this at the minute 50k would be a bargain

Guest gggg

Shearer or not, if that's true (probably isn't) tell him to fuck off and get a proven manager for less than half that then. We have to cut back in all areas.

Shearer or not, if that's true (probably isn't) tell him to fuck off and get a proven manager for less than half that then. We have to cut back in all areas.

Anyone got any idea what the average salary would be of a "proven" manager ?

He's worth twice that.  He's willing to put his all into this and will be the most important man at the club.  Bearing in mind we allegedly have 15 blokes on the books earning this at the minute 50k would be a bargain

Erm, no. Just because someone else is earning ridiculous wages doesn't mean he should as well. This is how we got to this situation in the first place. He's got zero experience, we're a Championship club and he asks for £2.5m? Get fucked. But I am aware that this figure comes from newspapers and could easily not be true i.e. club have leaked this figure to give a reason for not agreeing to Shearer's demands. But if the figure is true, it's ridiculous.

Erm yes, there are so many reasons why he'll be worth it.

He'll reunite the fans and get bums on seats ( 2,000 or so on each home gate would go a huge way to paying his wages).  Paul Jewell would be unlikely to have the same pull.

He'll attract/ keep key players (priceless in our current predicament)

He'll give us  a genuine chance of getting promoted (worth 40m?)

I think he's worth it, largely because he is all we've got right now