Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest firetotheworks

The new owners will have to be careful because if Hughton is driven out the fans will go mental as with Keegan.

:laugh:

Guest Roger Kint

hughton as boss  :suicide:

Would have thought it was obvious, any new owner will want to unveil Shearer(or whoever) themselves upon their purchase of the club. Win the fans over so to speak. The idea that Ashley would get somebody else in makes no sense as we are only talking maybe first week of training tops.............we pray :frantic:

i dont think anyone is saying going from £zero to £2billion is just down to luck, but having a £500m business valued at £2billion certainly was.

It's also possible that events such as this can be down to creative (most often legal) accounting procedures rather than pure luck.  If the GFC tells us anything it's that often real value and perceived (or manipulated) value are inconsistant at best.

We simply fucking CANNOT start the new season treading water under Hughton, still trying to sort shit out and assume we can just catch up later. That's exactly what go us into the Championship in the fucking first place.

We simply f***ing CANNOT start the new season treading water under Hughton, still trying to sort s*** out and assume we can just catch up later. That's exactly what go us into the Championship in the f***ing first place.

:sadnod:

I'm relatively unconcerned by this issue now. Shearer wants to be manager, and the interested parties have all indicated they want to bring him in with them.

Obviously it would be better if Shearer was in place already so he could start restructuring the squad, but everything rests on the takeover.

We simply fucking CANNOT start the new season treading water under Hughton, still trying to sort shit out and assume we can just catch up later. That's exactly what go us into the Championship in the fucking first place.

http://www.marshallastor.com/Irving%20Penn%20-%20Deep%20Sea%20Diver.jpg

Perhaps he'll wear this instead of his tracksuit because there's no way we will be treading water under his leadership.

Was waiting for the "yes I would love to ocme back and work for Al should he get the job"

The Bes one  "it was like a slow motion car crash"    just like crashing a limo they are noin to quick :lol:

Funny as f***, Rob Lee and Bez on SSN really praising Shearer to the hilt at some charity golf event. He was probably stood just out of shot going O0. :lol:

Spot on, he was as well - I was at the golf day and he literally was just out of camera shot!

Guest thefishman

After listening to the beresford interview you can cleary hear sheare laughing and talking, anyone  extract that audio?

What happened to Shearer's plans which were supposedly handed over to the club bankers for approval then? Did Barclays just put them away in a drawer and forget about them or is it more likely this was more stalling bullshit which we have become used to hearing from Cockney Wanker & Co?

Let’s get ball rolling with Al

Jun 13 2009 by Steve Brown, Evening Chronicle

HAND Alan Shearer a rolling contract.

That’s the message Newcastle United honorary vice-president (life) Malcolm Dix has delivered to Mike Ashley as the Toon owner struggles to sell a “mess” of a club.

As a founding member of the Magpie Group, Dix swept Sir John Hall to power at St James’s Park almost two decades ago.

He would welcome Hall back, in a shot, too.

Failing that, though, Dix has told Ashley – with whom he “gets on well” – that the best course of action to sustain progress at an ailing organisation is to offer Shearer a rolling managerial contract.

“I have spoken to someone at the club and made the suggestion that Alan Shearer be offered a rolling contract, and that message is being passed on to Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias,” Dix said.

“It would help Alan and help the club.

“I know Alan would love a four or five-year contract, but this way he’s not tied to anything should any investors come in. A new owner may want their own man – this way Alan wouldn’t need paying up

“Sir Bobby (Robson) did it for a long time without a problem, and it’s not like Alan is short of money and needs the security of a long contract.

“It would encourage Alan, and help him to dispose of players and get some in. It would also encourage people to buy season tickets. The club must send out a positive message.

“People want to see positivity. You have to give them a reason to part with £500 or £600. It’s a mess at the moment. When Mike Ashley announced he was putting the club up for sale 48 hours after being in discussions with Alan, I found it peculiar.

“I thought we were on our way, then this.

“It’s easy to point the finger and say ‘I told you so’. But there is a club to run. It’s like there’s been a death in the family, but we must move on.

“We have to get things moving forward.

“I would love to see Sir John (Hall) involved in some capacity. He wouldn’t do it directly, himself, but possibly with his family business, Cameron Hall. They could take over and run it, they know how it’s done. They have money and contacts.

“Remember though, this is our football club, irrespective of who runs it. That is very important.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/13/let-s-get-ball-rolling-with-al-72703-23869125/