Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Roger Kint

Well, lets put it one way.

Shearer is not the type of person to hang around silent if there is something he wants to do and has his mind set on doing. 

If this was dragging on, without any light at the end of the tunnel, Shearer would have came out and said f*** this, im off. 

He did it with his International retirement, he did it when he was outspoken about Gullit and, although he back-tracked, did it when he announced his retirement from football. 

The only hope I'm clinging onto anyhow, is that Shearer knows whats happening, more so than everyone else...

This

With the end of the month now within a few days its either going to be the most manic next 2 weeks in footballing history or NUFC becomes footballing history.

:undecided:

Guest Phil K

The squad is in desperate need of investment in some very key areas - hell the squad is so f***ed up it needs a complete overhaul.

Essential that we make signings, so I'd imagine a transfer kitty would be expected.

It is constantly amazing me how badly and moronically this club is being run.

The fans agree with getting shot of the big earners/non-triers but there has to be some brought in to replace them.

The squad was too thin before. And we paid for it with relegation. Thinning it down more is absolute insanity.

i'll believe llambias' words when i actually see something happen. big al's been strung along for a month now, and with the 'no timescales' i'm not expectant of anything happening so soon given how much of a laughing stock we are. of course i hope this isn't the case.

Can't post the link from my phone but according to the Guardian, Shearer is so much more optimistic of a swift resolution to all this he's contacted Beye and Taylor to ask them to hold on.

Dunno how true it is but fuck it - I'm getting my hopes up again.

Does anyone really believe the completion of this sale is going to go smoothly, with a prospective buyer stumping up Ashley's £100 million asking price???

I just can't see it happening, and fully expect the saga to drag on whilst Ashley digs his heals in, in the full knowledge that it's a buyers market, and bearing in mind the way he's boxed himself into a corner by leaving the club in limbo for the past month.

Three positive articles, all saying the same thing and dare i say respectable papers? Guardian, Times and the Journal.

It may just be a glimmer of hope but it is hope. BTW there is no chance a takeover will be completed by the end of the month, no chance. Shearer might be in charge though.

Does anyone really believe the completion of this sale is going to go smoothly, with a prospective buyer stumping up Ashley's £100 million asking price???

I just can't see it happening, and fully expect the saga to drag on whilst Ashley digs his heals in, in the full knowledge that it's a buyers market, and bearing in mind the way he's boxed himself into a corner by leaving the club in limbo for the past month.

I don't really believe it either. But the way they keep going on about it, it'll have to be a massive bit of front by the current lot or if indeed Seymour is making stuff up again.

Not sure why anyone would want to pay the 100m now all they have to do is wait for more chaos and pay half that.

I don't really believe it either. But the way they keep going on about it, it'll have to be a massive bit of front by the current lot or if indeed Seymour is making stuff up again.

Not sure why anyone would want to pay the 100m now all they have to do is wait for more chaos and pay half that.

I would imagine they would think it would cost more than they would save on fixing the mess in the long run.

If there was only 1 interested buyer then that would make sense, but can they afford to gamble with waiting for a drop in price when there's at least 1 other bidder with the cash ready and two more who may have enough to buy the club for the current asking price?

Nobody in their right mind buys a CCC club for 100m.

This

Oh and possibly a load of debt as well, with a load of overpaid players and liabilities attached to those players.

This

Oh and possibly a load of debt as well, with a load of overpaid players and liabilities attached to those players.

Yup. :snod:

For most Championship clubs that would be true.  Most of them don't have a massive stadium, massive fan base and state of the art facilities.  100m with Ashley's debt written off isn't a crazy price at all.

Guest ObaStar

Well, lets put it one way.

Shearer is not the type of person to hang around silent if there is something he wants to do and has his mind set on doing. 

If this was dragging on, without any light at the end of the tunnel, Shearer would have came out and said f*** this, im off

He did it with his International retirement, he did it when he was outspoken about Gullit and, although he back-tracked, did it when he announced his retirement from football. 

The only hope I'm clinging onto anyhow, is that Shearer knows whats happening, more so than everyone else...

I know someone else who said that recently about NUFC

Mike Ashley doesn't know who these bidding groups are? So I assume they have not been vetted at all?

That's part of Seymour Pierce's job.

What do Seymour Pearce know about how to run a football club? I'm not talking about whether they have the dough, I'm asking whether any of these potential buyers know their fucking arses from their elbows.

For most Championship clubs that would be true.  Most of them don't have a massive stadium, massive fan base and state of the art facilities.

Fancy a side bet on the eventual selling price?

For most Championship clubs that would be true.  Most of them don't have a massive stadium, massive fan base and state of the art facilities.

Fancy a side bet on the eventual selling price?

Only if we include the debt in the price :)  Like I said 100m with Ashley's loan removed is an acceptable price IMO.  But obviously nobody's going to pay 100m and 100m+ loan to Ashley.