Shearer, Llambias and Dowie press conference

Skirge

I heard him say that Kinnear would return in the summer.

he said thats the plan. when asked about the clamour there would be for him to stay on in the summer should we stay up, he replied "good".

what's really happening is all doors are being left open for the summer.

They have to be careful how they treat Kinnear at this point, but it's clear from the way Shearer is avoiding the question that he won't write off staying for good.

If he does well then there's no way he will be booted out for Kinnear to return. I just can't see it happening.

The club have made some weird decisions but that would be criminal.

The club have already made plenty of criminal decisions, seeing Shearer off and bringing Kinnear back would be exactly at their intelligence level.

I know what you're saying, but I don't think even they would be that stupid (assuming Shearer is a success).

I don't think they even wanted Keegan out really, the situation was just beyond saving.

Immense presence this man has and he is all straight talk. Very refreshing. Nothing fazes him.

Has confirmed Owen as captain.

I thought that exactly. He's used to the media as well, and the press don't seem to patronise or take the piss out of him (yet!).

They have to be careful how they treat Kinnear at this point, but it's clear from the way Shearer is avoiding the question that he won't write off staying for good.

If he does well then there's no way he will be booted out for Kinnear to return. I just can't see it happening.

The club have already made plenty of criminal decisions, seeing Shearer off and bringing Kinnear back would be exactly at their intelligence level.

I know what you're saying, but I don't think even they would be that stupid (assuming Shearer is a success).

I don't think they even wanted Keegan out really, the situation was just beyond saving.

What if we go down? i know id rather have shearer as our boss in the championship than Kinnear.

What if we go down? i know id rather have shearer as our boss in the championship than Kinnear.

is it what shearer would want and he does have a say in it.

Well I don't know, that would obviously make it easier to bring Kinnear back.

There are different ways to go down though, we could go down and still do quite well in the next 8 games. That might be enough to get Shearer the job.

There are too many unknowns to answer that really aren't they? Shearer might not want the job in the Championship. Kinnear might not be well enough to return. Etc etc.

but these questions breed instability and unsurety. id rather they came out, thanked kinnear for his job, said he is being appointed head scout or whatever, and then said shearer is the man to lead the club, relegation or not. i can appreciate the 8 games thing gives an extra emphasis on the survival aspect but it strikes me as a bit of a gimmick atm.

Can people stop panicking about the 8 games thing please.

Blatantly obvious they want to keep the focus on eight games and keep the players motivated to do well so that Shearer stays on.

No way Shearer doesn't stay on after 8 games. Think about it lads.

but these questions breed instability and unsurety. id rather they came out, thanked kinnear for his job, said he is being appointed head scout or whatever, and then said shearer is the man to lead the club, relegation or not. i can appreciate the 8 games thing gives an extra emphasis on the survival aspect but it strikes me as a bit of a gimmick atm.

There are so many what ifs involved though that I can see why they aren't putting all their eggs in one basket at this point.

Can people stop panicking about the 8 games thing please.

Blatantly obvious they want to keep the focus on eight games and keep the players motivated to do well so that Shearer stays on.

No way Shearer doesn't stay on after 8 games. Think about it lads.

Indeed. It's all about these 8 games, understandable that nothing has been decided for after the season. That's the way it should be.

Well it is a gimmick, but that's exactly what we need at the moment - a short term boost to the players.