Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

I am thinking we'll lose this one. I honestly cannot see us winning this. If we get a draw we'll be lucky.

I am interested to see what impact Alan can make, but other than confidence building it doesn't change the fact we don't have anyone who can cross or even take a corner.

I am seeing an argument to bring on Carroll and as much as he has impressed as at a target player he'll just stand there like a statue without service - so will Owen. We'll lose a bitter midfield battle with no pace on our side and our strikers will be starved of service. I wish we had Barton back for this one in place of Butt.  :undecided:

;D ;D

Do you guys fancy your chances on saturday?

It's a must-win for us.

So not particularly. :undecided:

If we can't beat s**** like Stoke Hull when we need to then we deserve to go down.

Yep.

Why?  Surely with that logic we deserve to stay up for beating Villa and drawing with Chelsea and Man U.

The teams that deserve to go down are those with the least points.

I'm simply making the point that we indeed cannot beat shite teams when we need to, like Hull. Who have the worst home record in the league. We completely deserve to go down as things stand.

We had Hughton mismanaging us against Hull.

If Al can't inspire this lot of wasters and underachievers to beat the likes of Stoke then we deserve to go down.

Guest DannyStokie

I think some people are trying to get a reaction ;D

We are though at the moment in a stronger position than yourselves, with our brilliant home form, and current good form, we should be looking for the win, but this is stoke and we never do it the easy way.

Guest DannyStokie

You've got no chance son, we are winning this one easy.

That's what they all said :)

If you do win, I imagine it wouldn't be by more than a goal.

Harper

Beye - Taylor - Bassong - Enrique

Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen

Carroll - Martins

Four, three-fucking-three (or 4-3-1-2 if you want to be pedantic :shifty:) can win us this.

Fixed my post. Opted for Carroll in place of Xisco after his two goals tonight.

I'm just hoping we can snatch this... scrappy 0-1, 74th minute kind of thing.

Praying that we go with a 4-3-3, but have no expectation of us doing so. I'd be over the moon...

Guest optimistic nit

Harper

Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen

Carroll - Martins

Four, three-fucking-three (or 4-3-1-2 if you want to be pedantic :shifty:) can win us this.

but kept guthrie in despite his injury? :razz:

Harper

Beye Bassong Colo Enrique

Duff Butt Nolan Jonas

Owen Oba

tempted to drop colo after his performance vs chelsea but bass-colo is a proven partnership that has worked providing colo doesn;t have a stinker.

kazenga to come on for duff if we're struggling to come up with anything at half time.

lose this and we're all but relegated, draw and we'll need to win at one villa or white hart lane, possibly both, win and we're still in serious trouble.

Harper

Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen

Carroll - Martins

Harper

Duff Butt Nolan Jonas

Owen Oba

tempted to drop colo after his performance vs chelsea but bass-colo is a proven partnership that has worked providing colo doesn;t have a stinker.

kazenga to come on for duff if we're struggling to come up with anything at half time.

lose this and we're all but relegated, draw and we'll need to win at one villa or white hart lane, possibly both, win and we're still in serious trouble.

Kazenga's out on loan.

Harper

Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen

Carroll - Martins

Harper

Duff Butt Nolan Jonas

Owen Oba

Hoping Praying that he's fit.

Still not as bad as including LuaLua though, as has already been pointed out. ;)

Guest Darth Toon

Carroll getting a start is surely more likely now, and his physical presence would be useful, but with Owen guaranteed to play that means leaving Martins out, which leaves sod all pace up front. The return of 4-3-3 really could be the way forward here, with a midfield trio of Butt, Nolan and Gutierrez. 

Guest Brummiemag

Disappointing to see that we still have tickets available for such a vital game.

Do people reckon we will sell our allocation? 

Disappointing to see that we still have tickets available for such a vital game.

I would've gone if it had been a 3pm like but i can't be arsed fucking about with getting back from Stoke late doors.

Guest Brummiemag

I would've gone if it had been a 3pm like but i can't be arsed fucking about with getting back from Stoke late doors.

Yep its an easy one for me, an hour on the train from Brum. Im just surprised it hasnt sold out already, seeing as its such an important game, plus the Shearer factor.