Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

Inside Info... Team for sat...

-----------------MARTINS----------------SHOLA--------------------

--------------------------------OWEN---------------------------------

DUFF------------BUTT------------------NOLAN----------R. TAYLOR

-----------EDGAR------------BASSONG-----------BEYE-------------

--------------------------------HARPER--------------------------------

Wouldn't shock me at all, although I think Carroll might get the nod over Shola.

Guest Stephen927

Would be amazing if Shearer played that formation. Jonas in for R Taylor and Carroll in for Shola though please Alan!

Guest Brummiemag

Lose this and I can't see any way back for us...

We must win and we will win. Howay the lads!

A win is neither crucial nor likely.

A draw is probably what we'll get. That puts us just 2 behind Sunderland assuming they lose to ManU. Not a horrible situation to be in.

True but remember that Sunderland's next 2 fixtures are Hull at home and WBA away

A draw is probably what we'll get. That puts us just 2 behind Sunderland assuming they lose to ManU. Not a horrible situation to be in.

True but remember that Sunderland's next 2 fixtures are Hull at home and WBA away

And?

Guest JamesyJazz

Possible 21 points out of the seven games remaining.Don't see how losing against Stoke means the end of our Premiership run.

I couldn't give a monkies what formation or what side Shearer puts out,as long as the lads play for the shirt and win!

Guest Brummiemag

And?

And if they take 4 points from those 2 games, which is not unlikely, they will be on 36 points, nearly safe, so I think the Stoke game is crucial along with the remaining 3 home games

Possible 21 points out of the seven games remaining.Don't see how losing against Stoke means the end of our Premiership run.

That would then be 6 games & 18 points to play for, the gap between us & others wider & worth remembering  we have only won 6 league games all season.

???

If Sunderland nick something off Man U (I hope to god they don't slip up again) and we lose this, I'll finally start worrying about our safety.

I'm worried about Boro vs Hull too. A result either way is a disaster.

If Sunderland nick something off Man U (I hope to god they don't slip up again) and we lose this, I'll finally start worrying about our safety.

we need a boro win.

we need a boro win.

And move to second bottom, basically creating another relegation spot? I don't think so.

???

If you think we need to win this to stay up you might as well consign us to relegation already because there's an ice cube's chance in hell of us beating Stoke at home with a severely depleted squad. Spurs away is an infinitely more winnable game.

Like I said, if we draw and justice is done with the Mackems, we're just two points form safety. Still a very workable position.

Guest Howaythetoon

???

If you think we need to win this to stay up you might as well consign us to relegation already because there's an ice cube's chance in hell of us beating Stoke at home with a severely depleted squad. Spurs away is an infinitely more winnable game.

Like I said, if we draw and justice is done with the Mackems, we're just two points form safety. Still a very workable position.

You're deluded. If we lose to Stoke and then Spurs which is more realistic than drawing either never mind winning we will potentially be rooted down there which means we could be playing catch up, which we already are to an extent. This game against Stoke represents an immediate chance to move out of the bottom 3 and close that gap providing the mackems lose of course and by a few goals. It also puts pressure on Stoke who till aren't out of it, although a win tomorrow should see that they are safe.

I honestly can't see any light at the end of the tunnel for us. This is what you get if you mismanage time after time after time.

I'll be listening to the match in pure terror tomorrow..

???

You're deluded. If we lose to Stoke and then Spurs which is more realistic than drawing either never mind winning we will potentially be rooted down there which means we could be playing catch up, which we already are to an extent. This game against Stoke represents an immediate chance to move out of the bottom 3 and close that gap providing the mackems lose of course and by a few goals. It also puts pressure on Stoke who till aren't out of it, although a win tomorrow should see that they are safe.

I love how you're incapable of disagreeing with someone without calling them "deluded," "clueless," or a dirty foreigner.

I'm sorry, I try not to make personal comments about other people, and I don't mind the fact that you're opinionated, but the condescending manner you address people just pisses me off sometimes.